Thread: Battlefield 2 Advice

Thanks

Question Battlefield 2 Advice

I remember sometime last year there was a massive discussion thread on the use 1gb vs 2gb RAM in games and their arrangements such as 2 blocks of 1GB or 4*512MB etc, but I cannot find this using the search tool. So if anyone could point me in the direction of it I would be grateful!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now a little rant: why does the "play now" button inside the BHFQ always put me in an online server game that has NO players until 10 minutes later I've loaded the 4th or 5th game? Surely EA Games knows that I want to get points , medals etc...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear of the rumours of the indestructable places a commander can hide in a game to prevent their deaths, but I cannot find them, anyone care to explain?

How do I know what patch version I'm using, I'm sure I've installed v1.3 but the numbers at the top right of the main screen shows 1.128 or similar and when I go to custom games in Community to load v1.3 it restarts the game during which 2 "windows error" (dum?) sounds are heard!

Do the automatically added players in v1.3 work in LAN games if there's just one player(?) <<< me?

Woohoo now Assistant Manager!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Workaholic
    I remember sometime last year there was a massive discussion thread on the use 1gb vs 2gb RAM in games and their arrangements such as 2 blocks of 1GB or 4*512MB etc, but I cannot find this using the search tool. So if anyone could point me in the direction of it I would be grateful!
    From what I can gather (sketchy knowledge) bf2 runs much better on 2gb, preferrably in 2x 1gb sticks

Now a little rant: why does the "play now" button inside the BHFQ always put me in an online server game that has NO players until 10 minutes later I've loaded the 4th or 5th game? Surely EA Games knows that I want to get points , medals etc...
    Okay now that's just lazy. How long does it take you to find a server? I mean, c'mon!

I hear of the rumours of the indestructable places a commander can hide in a game to prevent their deaths, but I cannot find them, anyone care to explain?
    This is what is known in the gaming world as "cheating" and if i caught anyone doing it on my server they'd get an instant ban.

Thanks
    Now a little rant: why does the "play now" button inside the BHFQ always put me in an online server game that has NO players until 10 minutes later I've loaded the 4th or 5th
    game? Surely EA Games knows that I want to get points , medals etc...
    I wouldn't bother using the Play Now button, just go to the multiplayer tab and find a populated server from there.

No idea on that one, I don't know any 'cheats' for BF2, and don't plan on using them.

Do the automatically added players in v1.3 work in LAN games if there's just one player(?) <<< me?

It's best if you go to Multiplayer/Create Local/ select co-op mode and go from there, and the answer is yes you can be alone, although the AI can be pretty dumb at times, on a certain map they tend to congregate around one flag, good if you want to kill 30+ in one single bombing run!!

Just so you know you can't use or gain any unlocks in LAN games, only on 'ranked' servers this is possible.

Thanks
    ^^ I'm not lazy it's just that I always thought that the ranked servers were only obtainable through that button and not multiplayer.

it would appear that v1.3 patch didn't install probably, and the number under my quit button shows "1.1.2878-710.0" (What does that mean?)
    Woohoo now Assistant Manager!

Thanks
    it would appear that v1.3 patch didn't install probably, and the number under my quit button shows "1.1.2878-710.0" (What does that mean?)
    That's the same number I have on my copy and I have a fully functioning (touch wood) 1.3 installed, although some people have been experiencing a fair amount of glitches with it.

Thread Information