Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ...want to stab small children...

Thanks

...want to stab small children...

Now that I've grabbed your attention with that Title to this thread...

At my crappy crappy job at the local KFC, I saw a child, no older than 10 years walk up to the counter with his mother and plop a PSP down on the bench like you would a paper weight. I looked at this kid in awe, then to his mother, shook my head and got on with the order. I have noticed quite a lot of small children with PSP's rather than DS's.

Have any of you guys noticed things like this lately, it really sickens me, how spoilt these children are...

Thanks
    omfg mate you dont know the half of it,

i was walking through town and some kid, was quite tubby (lol) but i dont know how old was basically screaming at his mother - to the level that it hurt my ears over something, i think they had come out of argos so maybe he wanted something

and he threw his psp onto the floor as hard as he could, i couldnt really believe it but hey it was funny and i bet shed buy him a new one cos she didnt even punish him lol

i like the ds more tho imo, the games are more creative and imaginative

Mike Fishcake
    My little 'un has had my old GBA for about 6 months, and we make him treat that with respect. And he does as well because he understands. He's been told he can have a brand new DS lite for his birthday in December if he looks after the GBA ok, and so far he's looked after it far better than I did.

Banned
    Thanks
    if my kid ever did that to a psp (i dont have a kid btw) id beat him round the face with the remains, spolit to hell, so many people have got them now too

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    Yeah it's sickening. I'm only 19, but if I'd of shouted or screamed at either of my parents, i'd of been knocked on my ass so fast, i wouldn't known what hit me. My parents are a pair of hippies so not the harshest upbringing ever.

I ran into a mate from primary school the other day. We were talking about this. We were always considered the 'bad' kids. Compared to kids now, we were angels.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fishcake
    My little 'un has had my old GBA for about 6 months, and we make him treat that with respect. And he does as well because he understands. He's been told he can have a brand new DS lite for his birthday in December if he looks after the GBA ok, and so far he's looked after it far better than I did.
    Fair play to you mate. No doubt he will now do the same when he's older. Respect to that. If only everyone took this initiative

-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre
    know exactly were you are coming from my little bro always got brand new xbox ps2 etc from my mum and he would take them apart with screwdrivers etc break them and she would just go out and buy him a new one

and to top it off she doesn't even send me a birthday card and hasn't bothered travelling the whole 25 miles in a car to see her 2 yr old grandson

my brother always was the favourite

Thanks
    • Behemoth's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte mATX
      • CPU:
      • Phenom 2 X2 555 BE
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gig DDR3 Corsair XMS 3 1600 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 4 TB's Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 OC2
      • PSU:
      • OCZ StealthStream 2 600 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x23LED
      • Internet:
      • BT Broadband
    Working in Curry's. I see it all the time. Example was last xmas, was in the games area at the time having a bit of play with the PS2, whilst we were waiting for customers to come in, was very very quiet that night.

Anyway customer comes in with two kids, ones about 4 the other 7. They goto the games area whereI am quite happily having a play with some Rally game or other, when the 7 year walks up to me and just looks at me. I ask him of he wants any help and he just snatches the ps2 controller off me. I was pretty miffed, but I walked away and said nothing. About 2 minutes later, his father comes over to me and asks me if I have any PSP's in stock, I tell him sadly no I haven't, we sold the last one a few hours earlier, and he says thanks very much for the info, he'll be back in a few days time to see if we have anymore. No problem I think, nice guy.

He gathers his kids up, and tells them, no sorry boys, we don't have any, when the 7 year old kicks off, and I mean kicks off. He's jumping up and down on the spot, stamping and screaming "I WANT A PSP NOW!" He then proceeds to give his younger brother a kick in the shin. the father asks me if I'm sure we don't have any, so just to make the customer at least feel a bit happier, I go out the back and see if we have any I don't know about, we don't. Tell the customer and he leaves the stoe, with now 2 screaming kids. I foolow them out, well I get to the main door and look outside where he hands the 7 year old over to his wife, who instead of givng the kid a dressing down for his bad behavior, hugs the kid !! Nevermidn his younger brother whose probably going to bear a grudge now for the rest of his life, but she was literally condoning that sorta thing.

When I was that age, I never made a fuss like that because I knew my parents couldn't afford that sort of thing, and secondly because I was brought up that kinda of thing was not the way to go about getting what you want.

And it's going to be exactly the same this year too

Flying prans are the flalalum Veles's Avatar
    Thanks
    If I had a tantrum like that when I was a kidr I got a smack. Of course doing that can get you arrested and you not being able to see your child anymore.

Kids these days can be really spoilt, doesn't help that there are all these laws protecting children after everyone got all hyped up about pedophilia. I mean yeah they should be protected, but sometimes they really need to get a slap. Constant and OTT abuse is bad but they need to know that when someone says no, they mean no.

Veles on: Xbox live, My Halo stats
    Veles343 on: Xfire, Steam, BF2, BF2142
    My Blog

Thanks
    i hate kids sometimes if my daughter kicks off saying she wants something i say no because she kicked off. i remember asking for a game gear for christmas one year and i didn't get it did i kick off. nope i just got on with my christmas happy as ever

Thanks
    I remember kicking off when i was small, but it was mainly caused by my annoying two older sisters i would say (they used to lock me in a shower lol)

I feel spoilt now untill i realise i bought the stuff with my own money.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    wow that got a better response that I thought it would....

There's another thing about children that I find amusing. I have some cousins up in Sydney who own a $4.5 million house, it's pretty nice. They have three children around the ages of 5-10. I went up for a visit once, played with the kids for a while among their masses of toys. I got a bit bored so I brought out my DS and started playing worms. The kids saw this and almost immediately asked if they could have ago. I though why the hell not, gave them the DS and ammused my self with those crazy magnet ball things. The kids saw this and put the DS down (carefully which I'm glad for) and came and took over the thing I was doing.
    I caught on to this started playing with some dolls, as they came over to play with the dolls I picked up my DS, went to a different room and proceded to play worms.

Yes, for my sins I'm offically Zak33's *better* half... Sair33's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think a lots of kids want things just because everyone else has got one, rather than the fact that they actually want one. There's a lot of peer pressure around I think.

I used to get teased at school when we had "Games Day" on the last day of term and everyone brought in their Simon, or whatever other electronic games they had (showing my age now!!) and I just had my little magnetic car on a race track or a pack of cards... but it didn't harm me.
    A few years later I nearly died of excitement when my parents said I could have a space invaders game... I just couldn't believe it, and I remember that feeling to this day.
    It was my most favourite thing in the world at the time, but it was all the better because I hadn't expected to be allowed one.

Kids these days... (I'm definately getting old!)... (a lot of them anyway) do seem to be spoilt, which is worrying really because they will probably go through life expecting to get what they want, when they want it...

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.... It was them that started me drinking.

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sair
    I think a lots of kids want things just because everyone else has got one, rather than the fact that they actually want one. There's a lot of peer pressure around I think.

I used to get teased at school when we had "Games Day" on the last day of term and everyone brought in their Simon, or whatever other electronic games they had (showing my age now!!) and I just had my little magnetic car on a race track or a pack of cards... but it didn't harm me.
    A few years later I nearly died of excitement when my parents said I could have a space invaders game... I just couldn't believe it, and I remember that feeling to this day.
    It was my most favourite thing in the world at the time, but it was all the better because I hadn't expected to be allowed one.

Kids these days... (I'm definately getting old!)... (a lot of them anyway) do seem to be spoilt, which is worrying really because they will probably go through life expecting to get what they want, when they want it...
    it's a sense of entitlement felt by the current generation.

it's the same one that makes children feel they have a god-given right to pirate software & brag about it

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber
    My 3 get away with murder. I don't take it but they going running to their grandma and start over with her. Also my wife gives into them to easy, especially my 5 yr old son.

Last christmas my eldest daughter (9 in November this year) got the PS2 with around 6 games and memory cards etc. She isn't to bad playing on it as she plays for about 2 hours then turns it off and gets on with something else.

My middle daughter who has recently went 7 got a pink Nintendo DS with 2 games for her birthday, even though I protested as she has quite bad eyesight my wife allowed it. She went on and on about it because of the ads on the TV. Now she has it, most of the time it just sits there gathering dust maybe getting played on once a week for a half hour.

Best one though is my youngest, my son of 5 yr old. He was given a PSone when we moved into the new house in June by my landlords son. He can't play any games and expects you to sit there for hours playing the game while he watches. If you tell him no and that he has to do it himself he throws a major tantrum. He also virtually snapped the wire on the controller and now keeps going on about getting a new controller as the analogue doesn't work anymore. We have also noticed that while he is playing he shouts and screams at the TV / Game. He won't play anything for more than 10 mins before giving up, playing games also sends him hyper. On top of being hyper it makes him extremely aggressive and he goes for his 2 sisters.

Needless to say the PSone is now sitting there gathering dust as he has been banned from playing it untill his behaviour improves. Yeah he throws tantrums still but nowhere near as many as when he was allowed to play games.

As for christmas this year the mother in law is on about buying them a brand new PC. I knocked one together from old parts about 2 yr ago now. Thing is though, they havn't looked after that and every few days I am having to go and do repairs on it where they have just been messing about with stuff they know nothing about. Not forgetting constantly damaging the CD's and DVD's so once again my stance on a new PC is no. But it is usually a bit pointless me speaking out on matters like this.

On top of the PC for christmas also, my wife has been on about getting the 5yr old a TV and either PS2 or Gamecube for his bedroom. Think I really need to put my foot down on this one !

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    Quote Originally Posted by directhex
    it's a sense of entitlement felt by the current generation.

it's the same one that makes children feel they have a god-given right to pirate software & brag about it
    I volunteer in a software help channel on deviantART' chat network and at least once a day we get;

"where can i get photoshop?"
    "You buy it. Amazon is a common choice or you can download it direct from Adobe."
    "but I dun wanna pay"
    "Well then you can't have it."
    "y not"
    "Because that's stealing."
    "so"

and so on, it usually ends in them throwing a tantrum(and promptly being banned) or wanting reasons why CS2 is so expensive. Perhaps because it's as prefessional grade tool, not designed for spoilt brats to be editing bad anime with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information