View Poll Results: Which Xbox 360 football game are you choosing?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • FIFA 07

5 20.83%
  • PES 6

12 50.00%
  • Both

3 12.50%
  • Neither

4 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Xbox 360 football game are you choosing?

Thanks

Which Xbox 360 football game are you choosing?

I'm having a hard time choosing between FIFA 07 and PES 6, decisions, decisions!

Normally I avoid EA games like the plague, but I was highly impressed by the FIFA 07 demo and it seems as though the whole game has been rebuilt from the ground up.

PES 06 I thought would have been a no brainer, but maybe not. From what I've read it still holds true to the classic PES gameplay, but doesn't offer much else. Innovation seems to be lacking and it doesn't seem to be too much of a step up from PES 5. I've also read quite a few reports about troubled online play over Xbox Live, that's really important to me.

FIFA seems the most appealing to me right now, particularly with it's added new features such as the news ticker live from soccernet.com and it's manager mode. However I think I'll just wait it out over the weekend and see what most of my friends get, in the end I think I'll just get what everyone else is playing. How about you?

*note* I realise that these games exist on other platforms too but the 360 versions are different and it is the 360 versions I'm asking about.
    Last edited by Parm; 26-10-2006 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Added a note

Thanks
    PES 6 all the way mate , got it today graphics arnt all that but the gameplay is superb

Thanks
    I've played both the PC and X360 versions of FIFA 07, and there are surprisingly dfferent. The X360 has no weather, no linemen/refrees. no pitch damage. and you can only use premeriship teams - no championship or league clubs, like the PC version. Not good. Not good at all.
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Thanks
    I've got PES6 atm, but might get Fifa in a couple of weeks. I'll just keep an eye on how many people get Fifa, and how the online play is. The PES online play seems to be pretty good from what I've experienced so far.

Thanks
    just got back from telford, see you in a month.

pes ftw

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 1x480GB SSD, 1x 2TB Hybrid, 1x 3TB Rust Spinner
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SJ55W, DELL S2409W
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80
    pes all the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephesians
    Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit
    Vodka

Dark side super agent
    Thanks
    Football? Yick. Big bunch of overpaid girl's blouses kicking a bit of plastic around a pitch? Nah. No thanks. Speedball all the way! Ice cream. Ice cream...
    An Atlantean Triumvirate, Ghosts of the Past, The Centre Cannot Hold
    The Pillars of Britain, Foundations of the Reich, Cracks in the Pillars.

My books are available here for Amazon Kindle. Feedback always welcome!

Thanks
    I think that because the PES series has been superiour for so many years now, FIFA is being overlooked by a lot of players. They have every right though, the recent PES games have been great where most of the FIFA games have been appalling.

I don't think that's the case this time around though, those who have FIFA 07 say it's really improved heaps and bounds.

Thanks
    PES for me. The gameplay actually seems better than than 5. Then again, perhaps I am wierd. I love it so far, and have scored some crackers, but then the opposition are not bad either.
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    Menthel, you mention in the PES thread that you haven't yet managed to get an online match working. Is that still the case? If the online mode is really that bad then I think I might just avoid it, pretty much every game I get is mainly for Live play.

Thanks
    I am reading round the subject at present. I will report back!
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    • Nick F's system
      • CPU:
      • 2.4Ghz C2D
      • Memory:
      • 4GB
      • Storage:
      • 320Gb internal / 750Gb external
      • Case:
      • Apple iMac
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OSx
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24inch
      • Internet:
      • 8mb BE connection
    All my mates have always been PES fans and I'm the only one who has ever liked Fifa, I will buy the new version and the hopefully download the demo to see if it's any good.

Thanks
    first impressions, some very good realistic points, like oshea being crap for example. some very annoying points though, like fouls, you can get clattered and get nothing, yet you press and win the ball and give away a free kick. players stop running, players dont make runs, palyers wont come near post if the normal near post man is putting cross in. the keepers have done some silly things, like dive the wrong way for example, or push a ball into there own net. the AI defending is to perfect, hardly ever give away a free kick. im enjoying it and hating it at the same time atm, we shall see how it pans out.

Thanks
    Somebody on the Xboxic forums has both games and this is what he had to say:
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Glovner
    Its official.

FIFA is better than PES6, I know, check my recently played games, I got them both. PES has now been taken back.

PES6 is to slow, graphically inferior. To complex a control system for it's own good (I don't want to have to press three separate buttons and swivel a stick to to shoot at the goal). The online is unplayable. Good points? You can still do a spin on the ball and thats about it.

FIFA on the other hand is fast, you can score spectactular goals without having to press twenty buttons, just pressing shoot at the right time does it. Graphically it ****s all over PES, ball physics have been copied straight from PES (which used to be PES's defining feature). Online cannot be faulted, no lag smooth animation and you can have four people on each 360 so you can play 4 vs 4 online matches over two 360's.

Take PES back folks simple fact is that FIFA has got better, it's now a mix of FIFA and PES, where PES has just stayed static.

Even the boy in gamestation commented that a lot of people had came back in to swap PES over for FIFA.

You know the rule, I said it, that means it's true, if you disagree, you are wrong.
    I think that's done enough to sway me further towards FIFA this time around.

Thanks
    I have got both, and in all honesty both games have there good and bad points, I would say however that I prefer FIFA as strangley the gameplay seems better on FIFA than PES.

I never thought I would prefer Fifa over PES but seems as konomi havent really done much with the 360 version and this shows in the gameplay.
    Last edited by Carlh; 02-11-2006 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks
    fifa 07 is actually an awesome title. I stopped playing the doomed pes5 and play this now. The manager mode on fifa is crap tho thats for sure but the game itself is good. I just put it on world class now and play it, but it requires alot of learning of the skills to be really good. I havent yet tried pes6.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information