Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fifa 07

Thanks

Fifa 07

Does anybody else find this game to be a revelation?

Having read up on both FIFA 07 and PES 6, I finally made the choice and went out and bought FIFA 07. A big suprise for me as I've known the PES series to be far superiour for many years. Not to mention my general dislike of all things EA.

That aside, I've got FIFA 07 and I think it's really a great game! Could it be that EA have finally started making good games again?

The gameplay is great, so much more fluent and so much closer to PES. Probably not quite as tight as PES, it is a little more forgiving but it's great nonetheless. The animation system is superb and on my plasma screen it is far and away the best looking football game to date. Not to mention the sound which ranks way up there amongst the best to date.

It's true that graphics and sound aren't the be all end all of games, gameplay is surely the priority. But graphics, sound and presentation go a long way. With the great gameplay that FIFA 07 has, everything else is like icing on a cake. I had the ball bouncing around inside the area, a real scramble, the ball bounced up off someones knee and a defender managed to head it clear but only to the edge of the area. Scholes was on hand and instantaneously just gave it a wallop, the commentator suddenly shouted "SCHOLES!!!!!!" just as he let fly and it was fantastic. Didn't score, but the commentary is really good.

All in all, as bad as the previous versions of FIFA have been, don't rule this one out. EA have really rolled back the clock this time and FIFA is back to best.

Thanks
    Yep, i've totally changed my view. Fifa 07 for me. The presentation and moving around the menus is the best yet, the gameplay isn't flawless but the matches flow superbly. I love seeing the latest football news which I wouldn't normally have seen. For once I think EA have listened to the critisism of past titles and have for once acted on it. Still prefer the Pro evo tricks though!

Although what's happened to the interactive league that was promised?

It's a real shame that the PS2 and Xbox versions allow you to play as any team in all the English leagues but they've removed them for the 360 version.

I was hoping to play Walsall vs Accrington Stanley online.

Best FIFA title by an absolute mile. I'll give you a game sometime Parm.

Thanks
    I have PES and I love it. But I may buy Fifa as well
    Check my project <<| Black3D |>>
    Quote Originally Posted by hexah
    Games are developed by teams of talented people and sometimes electronic arts

Thanks
    • Nick F's system
      • CPU:
      • 2.4Ghz C2D
      • Memory:
      • 4GB
      • Storage:
      • 320Gb internal / 750Gb external
      • Case:
      • Apple iMac
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OSx
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24inch
      • Internet:
      • 8mb BE connection
    I just downloaded the demo and I gotta say the first couple of times I had a bash I hated it, I guess I'm use to the old style Fifa games and this is much more like PES.

Continued to play it and it now finds itself on my list of games to get for xmas

Thanks
    How simiar is the gameplay to fifa RTWC? I have that on the X360 and it is a good game but played pro evo 6 today and that wins hands down.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeliza View Post
    How simiar is the gameplay to fifa RTWC? I have that on the X360 and it is a good game but played pro evo 6 today and that wins hands down.
    To put it simply mate, I wouldn't even class FIFA RTWC or FIFA World Cup as football games. I played them both and thought they were awful. FIFA 07 is a completely different game.

Thanks
    I have to say after playing PES for the weekend (MUCH more than I play normal games) - it's awesome. Forgot just HOW addictive master league is. Some serious time was taken up with PES, to the point where I have a load of stuff to do cause I didn't do it at the weekend

Spirit of Vengeance
    Thanks
    I have both on the 360, FIFA is a good game, but not as good as PES6.

Thanks
    • Elessar_VPR's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Quad - Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4 Gb Corsair 6400
      • Storage:
      • 2.8Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI HD-6850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Lian Li A-10
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC MultiSync - 24WMGX3
    FIFA International Soccer FTW!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Auron View Post
    I have both on the 360, FIFA is a good game, but not as good as PES6.
    Finally got to play online with Pro Evo. Really enjoyed it. It's just the lack of options. Both are great in their own way. I was speaking to a few other Pro Evo fans today and they have decided to dip their toes into FIFA territory as they have been quite dissapointed with the lack of options, but not the gameplay. At the end of the day it's gameplay that counts and Pro Evo is still great, but Konami are going to have to step up their game for the next installment, because FIFA is coming to get them.

In an ideal world I'd keep both, but unfortunately it's bye bye Pro Evo. I feel like a betrayer after all the years I've banged on about how much I hate FIFA and how great Pro Evo is; I feel dirty.

Thanks
    It's been a long time coming but I think it's good we finally have another good FIFA game. It's presentation really is top notch, so much so that it ought to force Konami into presenting PES 7 a lot better.

Thanks
    I've been at it in Manager Mode for most of the day today, I'm getting to grips with the game but I'm finding it difficult to score! When I do score it tends to be a big scramble in the box!

My passing game has improved and I can occasionally work my way through to a one on one with the keeper, however I find I can't beat him 99% of the time. Either he'll save it or I'll just miss the target completlely! Any tipcs?

Thanks
    Best advice I can give for this game would be to use your winger to go down the wing then pass the ball into the middle for your striker press shoot before the ball gets to them and providing that they get to the ball first you should score 90% of the time.

Another way of scoring in shooting straight from the edge of the box where the 18 yard line meets the semi circle - these normally fly into the corners.

Just out of curiosity what difficulty are you playing on ? I am currently on semi pro and usuall win the games by 2 or 3 goals.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlh View Post
    Best advice I can give for this game would be to use your winger to go down the wing then pass the ball into the middle for your striker press shoot before the ball gets to them and providing that they get to the ball first you should score 90% of the time.

Another way of scoring in shooting straight from the edge of the box where the 18 yard line meets the semi circle - these normally fly into the corners.

Just out of curiosity what difficulty are you playing on ? I am currently on semi pro and usuall win the games by 2 or 3 goals.
    I'm playing on semi pro too...

Going down the wing is my favourite tactic in most football games, I'm finding it tough to even pull that off. Sometimes I make the run really well, get into the box and am about to pull it across but there's never a striker in the right position. Is there a way to get them to make a run?

My headers also seem really weak, get some great crosses in but headers rarely trouble the keeper.

Thanks
    I've done a little review on FIFA 07 if anybody fancies a read: http://www.xboxic.com/news/1903

Thanks
    Nice mate. How you get in-game screenies like that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information