Thread: Fifa 07 (Xbox 360) frustrations?!

Thanks
    • chriswood_7's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M2NE SLi
      • CPU:
      • AMD X2 5200+
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x 120GB + 1x 320GB Seagate IDE
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB BFG 8800GT OC2
      • PSU:
      • 680W Hiper PSU
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Soprano w/ Window
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" HPF50s
      • Internet:
      • 10Mbit Virgin Media

Fifa 07 (Xbox 360) frustrations?!

Hi Guys,

Just letting off some steam and looking for some advice really. Im getting sick of Fifa 07. To put it bluntly. I bought PES6 about 2 months ago and had a love hate relationship with it. Basically I could only score goals every other match and I felt I was having to work so hard and every pass was meant to be perfect, but as soon as I scored no matter how hard I tried the opposite team would come back and score a goal. This is why I sold it, to get Fifa upon recommendation that its "much" better.

Now either I am really crap, or this game is EXACTLY the same. I just cant seem to get anywhere near goal, and as soon as I do I hit the corner flag with some of my shots. Can anyone offer me some advice on how to turn the other team inside out, how to pull off tricks etc? I used to love the feint trick on PES6, but the skills in Fifa seem to be pretty darn abismal. Unless I have missed the secret section in the manual (or im trying to do the tricks wrong). The whole lark with the right thumb stick just annoys the hell out of me, as the ball normally goes flying to the other team.

A few other things,

How do you stop your defence from kicking the ball AT each other, rather than passing or clearing?

Has anyone noticed that the substitutes are always scruffy and sweatings? hehehe this one tickled me.

Has anyone drew a match and gained 3 points? (im really not complaining)

Oh, and lastly, has anyone won more than one match? If so I salute you...

Let me know what you think! Cheers

Thanks
    I played the game loads when I had it (traded it for Viva Pinata not long ago) and I thought it was fantastic, really enjoyable to play and probably my favourite football title to date.

I'm not sure about the tricks as such as I never used them and I never used the right stick either. I found that passing my way around and through the opposing team to be my best tactic. The through ball is very useful as is the lobbed through ball, even more so when you time another of your players to make a run. I don't remember the buttons off the top of my head anymore though!

Another method of scoring for me was picking up loose balls. I'd go wide and shoot across goal making it difficult for the keeper to hold, if he'd palm it back into play I'd have a player waiting to tap it in.

I never had a problem with the defence kicking the ball at each other, are you using the pass button? If they're very close, try tapping pass quickly rather than keeping it pressed.

Must admit, I didn't notice the substitutes, but I always skipped the cut scenes myself. Used to hate it when the CPU used to make changes and interrupt my flow hehe.

I managed to win over 300 games and if I can do it, anyone can. Stick to it mate, it's a great game when you get the hang of it.

Thanks
    you shoulda stuck with pes. i hated pes when i had it, if my gf hadnt have stopped me i would of snapped disc in half after first couple of days, i had it in my hands and was bending it lol. now i love it, play it more than anything else.

Not Very Senior Member RavenNight's Avatar
    Thanks
    I found with Fifa, really working the wings, crossing lots of balls in I eventually started scoring. I also found the tricks invaluable, Ronaldhinio's overhead flick is brilliant for nipping round defenders. Again, you just need to persevere, find a style (and team) that suits you!
    AMD 3700+ San Diego @ 2.8GHz | Zalman CNPS 9500LED + Arctic Cooling MX-1 | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe + Zalman Northbridge | 1024MB DDR RAM (2 x 512MB Corsair XMS Pro TwinX) | Leadtek nVidia 6600GT 128MB | Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Music | 2x80GB Hitachi Deskstar SATA-II (RAID 0) | Gigabyte 3D Aurora Case | Hiper Type-R 580W Modular | Enermax Ultimate Fan Controller| Microsoft Nautral 4000 | Logitech G5 + fUnc 1030| Ideazon Fang | SpeedLink Medusa 5.1 Surround Headset | Samsung SM913N 19" TFT | Compro DVB-T200

"Dell? You get better tech support with a cheese sandwich"

Thanks
    • chriswood_7's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M2NE SLi
      • CPU:
      • AMD X2 5200+
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB BFG 8800GT OC2
      • PSU:
      • 680W Hiper PSU
      • Case:
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" HPF50s
      • Internet:
      • 10Mbit Virgin Media
    Anyone offer advice on how to score a goal using the shoot button? Its just going off in some random direction. I can only score with headers =, cant seem to get any shots on target whatsoever. Where should i be aiming my thumb stick?

Not Very Senior Member RavenNight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Aim for the goal with the thumb stick, but don't expect to be able to fire off perfect goals instantly, I find the accuracy massively increases if the guy takes a couple of steps towards the goal first.
    AMD 3700+ San Diego @ 2.8GHz | Zalman CNPS 9500LED + Arctic Cooling MX-1 | Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe + Zalman Northbridge | 1024MB DDR RAM (2 x 512MB Corsair XMS Pro TwinX) | Leadtek nVidia 6600GT 128MB | Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Music | 2x80GB Hitachi Deskstar SATA-II (RAID 0) | Gigabyte 3D Aurora Case | Hiper Type-R 580W Modular | Enermax Ultimate Fan Controller| Microsoft Nautral 4000 | Logitech G5 + fUnc 1030| Ideazon Fang | SpeedLink Medusa 5.1 Surround Headset | Samsung SM913N 19" TFT | Compro DVB-T200

"Dell? You get better tech support with a cheese sandwich"

Thanks
    I thoght it was funny, the way that subs came on to the pitch with muddy shorts!

It IS mud, isn't it?!
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Thanks
    • chriswood_7's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M2NE SLi
      • CPU:
      • AMD X2 5200+
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB BFG 8800GT OC2
      • PSU:
      • 680W Hiper PSU
      • Case:
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" HPF50s
      • Internet:
      • 10Mbit Virgin Media
    Yeah, it doesnt make any sense why that happens. A bit like it makes no sense that a next gen footy game doesnt have a ref on the pitch?

Unless I have disabled it, somehow?!

Ill try taking a couple of steps towards goal next time im on, see how I get on. Otherwise id rather get rid and shoot some baddies on CoD3!

Thanks

pes

Stick to PES 6 although its got its quirks, its miles ahead of fifa and has been for some time

Thanks
    i wouldnt say miles ahead.. im good at pes. ask led head (2-0 baby)

Thanks
    Shall I go on? (with the X360 problems)?, ie.

No weather effects? Night time games?
    No other leagues/championship clubs (like PC etc.)
    No marks on the pitch as the game is played?

Hmmm?
    This hot girl came over to myspace last night, she twittered my yahoo till I
    googled all over her facebook. Ask Jeeves...

System 1: Intel i5-2500k OC STABLE @5.05ghz with a ThermaTake Frio (air power!), 8Gb 1600 (9-9-9-24) R3 Patriot G2 RAM, nVidia GTX980TI ;
    System 2: HP N40L Microserver;
    System 3: MSI 'Ghost Pro' laptop - 16Gb DDR4 RAM, nVidia 970M, i7-6700, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
    System 4: Samsung TAB S 10.1

Thanks
    this fifa?

Thread Information