Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda go green and F1 2007

Thanks

Honda go green and F1 2007

So honda's new livery eh?

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=38534

Apparently people can sign up to have their name's on the car, I assume this means companies that want to 'look' like they are helping the environment.

The site - http://www.myearthdream.com/ opens on the 27th Feb.

Also what are people's opinions on the people/teams this year. Looks like BMW are one to watch and Williams look to have improved (thank god) McLaren however seem to be the one to beat in testing AND seem to be reliable

Honda have improved but there is no real evidence of where they will be, would be good to see Jenson get a good car though.

So anyway what are your thoughts/views on Honda's green stratedgy? Personally I think it is a good idea and who/what team would you put money on if you were a betting man, especially now there is no Michael Schumacher!

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 1x480GB SSD, 1x 2TB Hybrid, 1x 3TB Rust Spinner
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SJ55W, DELL S2409W
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80
    MYSTERY SOLVED (see monday joke thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephesians
    Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit
    Vodka

Thanks
    Running an F1 car is probably THE quickest way to knacker the environment...

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    I really dont understand the joke now hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish
    It's mostly a PR thing for Honda, but I don't blame them for trying. They're adding 'value' to the sponsorships by adding in 'green' credentials and saying that people signing up have to pledge towards acting greener.

As far as the teams go, I think the Ferrari is looking in fantastic shape but I don't think they've got the drivers to get too far ahead. Massa's quick, but I don't think he's got the head on him to be a title contender. Raikkonen I think will take a while to get used to the car - if he can even understand it well enough to get developments suited to him in the first place.

BMW Sauber look almost as quick, but I don't think they've got the nous to win (many) races just yet - think Honda of a few years ago.

Maclaren.. agreed - I think they've got a very good chance of doing a good job. Again I think it'll take Alonso a while to get used to things, but I think he will quicker than Raikkonen - I expect he'll be like lighting in the second half of the season. Hamilton... I think he'll crash a lot

Honda.. I think they've looked disappointing in testing. Hopefully they're just being realistic unlike the last few years where they blitzed around on low fuel for testing and then were rubbish in the races. I think Barrichello will give Jenson a good run for his money this year.

Williams - yep, much improved.. but again I question the drivers. I think there will be the occasional brilliance on tracks that suit the car, but I don't believe they'll be as reliable as they're making out.

OOps -renault.. Car will probably make a strong start, but not sure the drivers can push the development in the right direction. I'm sure fisi will do a good job, but think kovi is probably quicker.

Red Bull look to have a much better car - think they'll top Toyota this year. Super Aguri could pull some shock results if they're allowed to keep their car. I don't think STR will do as well though - I'm sure that Ferrari engine isn't going to do them any favours. Toyota.. another disappointment except for perhaps one or two races.

Wild predictions

Drivers Championship: Alonso
    Constructors: Ferrari
    Last edited by kalniel; 27-02-2007 at 02:21 PM. Reason: I forgot williams. Edit2: and renault!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    If you read the article it does actually state that F1 is carbon neutral. Also F1 cars are far less polluting and more efficient than any road going car if you were to make them do the same job.

Thanks
    Drivers championship: Massa
    Constructors: Ferrari

(as posted in the other thread, and now moved here)

It's (myearthdream.com) apparently going to be a site where people can add their support to Honda's cause, and those who do, will have an entire pixel going towards the livery of the car. Apparently.

I just love the irony of them using their F1 car to promote green causes. F1 cars being one the single-most inefficient small-scale modes of movement possible.

Thanks
    Kalniel, I would agree with your prediction on Alonso but I think that McLaren will take this one, I also think that Williams will be top 5.

Mostly Harmless
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    I think some of the teams offset their carbon footprint to make up for the polution their cars and crews do.
    "You've gotta laugh when you fall off a sofa!"

Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish
    Quote Originally Posted by 99flake
    Kalniel, I would agree with your prediction on Alonso but I think that McLaren will take this one, I also think that Williams will be top 5.
    Oops, forgot williams, you're right. Edited.

I think they'll do ok, with the odd flash of brilliance but I don't think it'll be a return to the top tier quite yet, over a whole season.

The reason I don't think Maclaren is that it's second drivers that win you constructors championships - Ferrari have two good drivers, and I don't think Hamilton will finish enough races to beat that pairing.
    Last edited by kalniel; 26-02-2007 at 05:44 PM.

Spanked Member
    Thanks
    I wouldn't write off Hamilton just yet - it can go either way. We've seen enough rookies that make themselves known in their debut year . . . unfortunately more frequently than not to be a bit quieter in continuning years. Plus it's a new shiny McLaren.

Ferrari did well in Barcelona testing - top of the pack, Massa first, 2/10ths behind him Raikonnen, and only 2/10ths behind him, Button. I hope Honda do well, nothing to do with their PR gig though - last year it was (fair enough BAR promoting themselves) smoking which kills people and all of a sudden they want to save the world. Bandwagon.

Before Barcelona, Massa had already stated that the BMWs/Williams (cant remember which one) will be the ones to be weary of.

Massa's certainly a very quick pace setter, but his race performances have been hit n miss. I'm not too enthralled by Kimi driving for Ferrari, hopefully he left his bad luck behind with McLaren. That's about the only way Alonso wont walk away with the championship.

Unfortunately, the Ferrari drivers (think they) have much to prove which might be detrimental to the team. I'm sure they've thought and planned for this anyway, so I hope I'm proven wrong.

Drivers Championship: would like to say it's open, but Alonso's looking too good for it at the moment.
    Constructors Championship: Wouldn't want to say until after the first few races, too much optimism for each team in the press.

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    woooo looking forward to it this year, finally with Schumacher out of the way i hope to see some proper honest racing.

Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks
    • Nick F's system
      • CPU:
      • 2.4Ghz C2D
      • Memory:
      • 4GB
      • Storage:
      • 320Gb internal / 750Gb external
      • Case:
      • Apple iMac
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OSx
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24inch
      • Internet:
      • 8mb BE connection
    I'm really looking forward to this year's F1 championship. I very much hope that Button pulls it out of the bag or I fear it will be his last chance.

Thanks for highlighting the website, I'll be on there tomorrow morning.

Atari Falcon 030
    Thanks
    • bigblue's system
      • Motherboard:
      • K8N
      • CPU:
      • X2 4200
      • Storage:
      • 250 Gb WDC
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 7900GT
      • PSU:
      • Tagan Modular 430W
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 20WGX2
      • Internet:
      • BT Yahooseless
    Firstly, I think the car looks horrific Screw the environment, go back to the interim livery and make it look all sleek and sexy again dammit !

Regarding the season, I never really bother too much with winter testing times. Look at last year, Honda seemed the team to beat then did very little when it mattered. I'd love them to do really well in 07, but I think they'll just do OK.

McLaren seem to be a good bet this year, if the cars are in any way reliable. I think Lewis will do damn well, he certainly seems the best rookie prospect for a good while.

BMW are starting to get some performance and credibility, and I'd be quite interested to see how Albert 2 benchmarks ! What's the term for 1024 cores anyway ? And only 2048 G/b ram ? Pffft !

Ferrari should be as good as usual and it's great that we'll finally find out if the Kimster is truly quick, or if he's flattered to deceive.

I'm just hoping that we have a Brit on the podium at Silverstone. I'm betting we will because I go on alternate years and I'm not going this time so it's sods law I'll miss something big !

Bring it on !
    Last edited by bigblue; 27-02-2007 at 03:53 AM.

Thanks
    Oooh, in about 15 minutes time the site will be open. I wonder what delights we shall find inside? Or will it just crash with loads of people trying to access it

Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):