Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are the neighbours dealing?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Are the neighbours dealing?

Quote Originally Posted by MSIC View Post
    Although i'm not generally a believer that smoking cannabis leads to heavier drugs, it is often the case that cannabis dealers can get involved in other activities and sooner or later that may include prostitutes etc etc. This may or not be cannabis dealing, you've no real way of knowing, but it's also not relevant.

http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/
    Sorry but this is the most hillarious thing I've read all day

Too many people here have chosen to find your neighbour guilty until proven innocent.

If these are young people then chances are they have a lot of active friends who've all got cars? Do you have enough spare time on your hands to document every different person that goes in and out of the house?

Living up to the student stereotype I've bought from a fair amount of different people, all of which have been pretty decent people that don't cause trouble or sell crack/coke/heroine or start pimping businesses! (I'm laughing here again). You're terribley misguided.

Vini, If they're not causing you or your area any trouble then there's no need to cause them any trouble for the sake of it. If you have a good reason to believe they are, then by all means report it.

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 1x480GB SSD, 1x 2TB Hybrid, 1x 3TB Rust Spinner
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SJ55W, DELL S2409W
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80

Quote Originally Posted by Ephesians
    Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit
    Vodka

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikonia View Post
    why does any of this matter if the origional poster has no intention of doing anything.
    I was just wondering what folks thought, and what they'd do...

Quote Originally Posted by trusz View Post
    Vini, If they're not causing you or your area any trouble then there's no need to cause them any trouble for the sake of it. If you have a good reason to believe they are, then by all means report it.
    Theyre young and as yet, theres been no trouble. Whilst there's no trouble I'm pretty happy to let it slip, it's just a bit uneasing. The GF is pretty intimidated by some of the folks that visit. Some have even knocked on our door by mistake, wanting next door.

Anyway, I think if I was to report it, I'd go to the landlord - I think. Or perhaps the leaseholders.

I've already had one chav evicted for his constant 24/7 thumping music, this came about by reporting it to the leaseholders, so they're pretty helpful. They could perhaps send a painter in or something to maybe 'McIntyre' it.

Registered+
    Thanks

Registered+
    Thanks

Vini, sounds like the sensible option. I imagine it can be very quite disconcerting having a load of youths knocking your door. If that gets consistent I'd notify to who ever you plan on notifying asap. We've had had some random people knocking on doors in our street asking for coke after some guy was selling in a house up the road. Thing is he actually came to our doorway one day and asked if I wanted any and if I didn't have the cash on me, the lovely fella told me exactly where he was living if I wanted any. We never saw him after that!

Thanks

I Still say drop a call to the cops (anonymous if you choose) and say, your not sure but you think something dodgy is going on in the flat and it might be an idea if they checked it out. You dont have to say "They are dealing drugs" as you dont know if they are or not. This way you have at least done something, if the people are not up to anything dodgy then im sure they wont be offended or have any problems with you. If they are, they wont necessarily know its you and they deserve it anyway.

Am kinda speaking from a voice of experience here, when i lived in south east london (catford) which isnt the best area in the world, the guy above me had similar activity going on. After one night too many of late nite knocks on my door (wrong door) i get fed up, phoned the police and said there was a strange smell and lots of strange activity. A week later they raided his place with the permission of the landlord and found a fair amount of cannabis as well as a bunch of stolen radios from cars - some from that street. Now I'm not saying that all "small time dealers" or whatever you want to call them are into anything more than just that, but a large number are, and i have to say i have no hangups or worries about reporting this type of activity.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brucelles View Post
    On the other hand a little bit of weed isn't going to cause you any problems whereas a busted (and unhappy) neighbour might. Remember that it's legal in Holland and they don't get problems.

To be honest, I tend to have a laissez faire attitude to stuff that isn't going to hurt anyone. I mind my own business and expect others to do the same. If it were crack or worse (is there worse? I guess so.) I would say that a tip to the police was immediately called for, but grass? My granddad used to smoke dope for his arthritis.
    Word to your Grandad, girlfriend.

Tend to agree - deal with people who make your life harder, but don't go out to make other peeps life harder. If you get any trouble because of it, maybe its worth doing something, until then, probably best not to be a grass.

Also, if its AK or Cheese, maybe you can get a nice neighbour discount?

[Homer]MMMMmmm... the soporific effects of a high quality cannabis...[/Homer]

* - Thats Homer from the Simpsons by the way, not the name given to the supposed unitary author of the early Greek poems the Iliad and the Odyssey. His views on cannabis are unrecorded.
    Last edited by Stewart; 04-09-2007 at 04:38 PM.

Thanks
    • MSIC's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H170M-ITX
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 6500
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 4GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666
      • Storage:
      • 240GB SSD (boot) +1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GeForce 750Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 450W ST455F
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG06-450
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2309W
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet FiberTTC

Sorry but this is the most hillarious thing I've read all day

Too many people here have chosen to find your neighbour guilty until proven innocent.
    I wish that it was hilarious. Unfortunately drugs, crime and liaising with police intelligence is my job, so i know what i'm talking about here.
    And it's not about proving anything, it's about making sure the right people get the right information.
    So please show a little patience trusz before you go throwing your opinions around.
    I'm commenting on an internet forum. Your facts hold no sway over me.
    - Another poster, from another forum.

System as shown, plus: Microsoft Wireless mobile 4000 mouse and Logitech Illuminated keyboard.
    Sennheiser RS160 wireless headphones. Creative Gigaworks T40 SII. My wife.
    My Hexus Trust

9. Received thanks from:

med2003 (04-09-2007)

Banned
    Thanks

So you are a professional grass then? A rat? A Coppers nark?

Registered+
    Thanks

I don't really care what your job is. I don't have to be a drugs liaison officer to be entitled to my informed opinion. To relate (of all things!) prostitution to cannabis dealers, in this post, gives me every right to have a giggle. My opinions here are based on my experiences as I'm sure yours are if what you say is true, but maybe you're jumping the gun a little by drawing such correlations?

I suppose these people are all schizophrenics caused by their cannabis use which may result in a psychotic outburst whereby they massacre the entire street? Quick! Act now!

http://www.pre-crime-uk.org
    Last edited by trusz; 04-09-2007 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks
    • iranu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene VI
      • CPU:
      • 4670K @4.3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Samsung Green
      • Storage:
      • 1x 256Gb Samsung 830 SSD 2x640gb HGST raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620W Modular
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Silencio 352
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" DELL Ultrasharp U2312HM
      • Internet:
      • 16mb broadband

If it bothers you for what ever reason then phone the local police anonymously. Having people knock at your door is not good, however, I will say that the people wanting to score are wanting to do just that and no more. It would draw too much attention to themselves or their dealers otherwise.

It is actually quite surprising how much the police will let it go. I know of a place that has been dealing weed/hash and only that for 15 years in the very same spot, and by that I mean within 50 yards. It's so well known it's not true. People come and go and all they want is their weed, the last thing the dealers or the punters want is grief. I have known the police to raid this place twice, it maybe more now but I don't know.
    "Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be." Frank Zappa. ----------- "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike." Huang Po.----------- "A drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind", - Ride.

Thanks

I don't really care what your job is. I don't have to be a drugs liaison officer to be entitled to my informed opinion. To relate (of all things!) prostitution to cannabis dealers, in this post, gives me every right to have a giggle.
    Well perhaps we all don't have the gritty perspective you university years provided you with, but in my book a dealer who won't sell ecstasy or speed as well as spliff is not worthy of the name so I'm not sure why you are certain this one doesn't. And ecstasy is class A, so he may as well go ahead and sell cocaine along with it, no more risk. It's only heroin and rocks that draw extra attention, because the users and associated criminality are much more visible to residents and police.

Where I used to live there was a lot of dealing of all types going on and on the subject of prostitutes I remember walking to my car one freeeezing night and young lady wanted a lift back across town and offered to sort me out in return (I would have given her the lift for nothing (honest!), but I had somewhere else to be) so it does have an impact on the neighbourhood. It can go both ways though, you'd never see cars broken into, or hear about burglaries or other petty crime in the immediate area...I guess someone didn't want the attention. This was a proper 24 hour team operation too, they were out in all weather, I bet the exact economics were fascinating. We must have had the only working phone box around

The OP's question is a bit like asking how far are you from the nearest rat, and how it's never more than 15ft (or something). I think if I were in that situation but had young kids I'd have a word with him - literally, have a chat to find out what he's up to and so he knows where I'm coming from but as it is, I reckon just let him get on with it. It's going to be happening nearby regardless of what you do about this neighbour specifically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Thanks

PMSL

Half of you lot wouldnt even know what a dealers life went like if he told you.

My old flatmate use to dabble and yes there were lots of people that came in and out but they were all his mates, i didnt care. in my mind its hardly anything major.

And he has a good job and has everything a non dealer has, stop the stereotyping, prositution, im actually still laughing.

Who cares, just let him get on with it what ever it is... if hes stupid he will get caught, if hes just got a lot of chavvy mates then fine, if hes selling 15 year olds ten bags then who cares..

Rank Bajin
    Thanks

Yeah arbitor, you've hit the nail on the head.

Who cares? What's this nonsense about abiding by laws and what not? Who cares what the hell anyone does, as long as it doesn't effect me too much. I say we all just ignore it, and pretend that it's not happening.

Who cares if he's selling big bags of drugs to kids?
    Who cares if he's causing you problems and scaring your girlfriend with the people that are coming up to see him and knocking on you door? I say we leave it and let someone else deal with it if it gets out of hand. Sounds like a lot of effort for someone to do something about ti themselves. Who cares?

And ROFL at anyone expressing any concerns about drugs or anything, cos obviously they're not bad, ever. They're cool. And I should know for {insert arbitrary and tenuous reason here}

Who cares?
    The Caped Crusader :-)

Thanks

Get a dose of sarcasm with that..

its my opinion, and if they dont go there they will go elsewhere anyway ( assuming he deals )

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by headbrace View Post
    Yeah arbitor, you've hit the nail on the head.

Who cares? What's this nonsense about abiding by laws and what not? Who cares what the hell anyone does, as long as it doesn't effect me too much. I say we all just ignore it, and pretend that it's not happening.

Who cares if he's selling big bags of drugs to kids?
    Who cares if he's causing you problems and scaring your girlfriend with the people that are coming up to see him and knocking on you door? I say we leave it and let someone else deal with it if it gets out of hand. Sounds like a lot of effort for someone to do something about ti themselves. Who cares?

And ROFL at anyone expressing any concerns about drugs or anything, cos obviously they're not bad, ever. They're cool. And I should know for {insert arbitrary and tenuous reason here}

Who cares?
    Yeah. You tell 'em.

Haven't you lot seen Reefer Madness? IT PROVES THAT SMOKING WEED MAKES YOU INTO A MURDER MAN!

And as for that new fangeld Rock and Roll... IT MAKES YOU INTO A MURDER MAN!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information