Thread: Scan Edited, Deleted then closed my thread!!

Banned
    Thanks

Scan Edited, Deleted then closed my thread!!

Have to write this here guys, sorry but SCAN (ChrisP) edited my posts, deleted some and then closed my thread so i could not reply!!

Anyway the story so far:

Sent a numer of items back to Scan approx 4 weeks ago now for refunds.

3 were unwanted Motherboards ordered over a couple of days, unopened, unused.
    1 was a badly damaged case.

This was nearly 4 weeks ago remember.

I was told 2 weeks ago that i would get my refunds withing 3 or so days. Well, that turned into 2 more weeks!! I then started the thread in the 'Scan' section asking about Refunds etc.

After giving my RMA numbers in i was told i should get my money back within the next 4 or so day (4 days ago). Still nothing is showing in my account!!

I then went on to my thread to explain that 4 weeks had now passed and that Scan had had the returned items for that time and that it should never take that long to 'check the items' and then issue a refund! I was told that it does take quite some time to check the items are ok. As stated earlier, 3 of the items were unused, unopened motherboards and one was a badly damaged case which only needed inspecting.

ChrisP deleted what i wrote and then wrote this tonight instead and then closed my thread:

Koolpc

We have explained the reason for the delay already and apologised .. You are not entitled to any compensation as the refunds were processed within a reasonable amount of time., which did NOT simply take 4 weeks as you state to the forum.

Thread Closed as this matter has been dealt with and resolved

They did explain why there was a delay, 4 weeks later! I asked for some kind of compensation or maybe even a jesture of good will as i have been put out for 4 weeks while they have been earning interest on my money but that was refused.

He then said that the refunds have been processed within a reasonable time!!? 4 weeks reasonable? Surely not!!?

I can prove it has taken 4 weeks so far. I can post my Post office receipts on here showing when i posted off the Items to Scan!

Come on Scan, no need to get angry with me and delete / Edit / close my thread? All i was doing is pointing out how i think that i have been treated wrongly by having to wait 4 weeks for my money back.

They said it would take a long time to check the items etc. Can't understand that as 3 were unused and the case was very badly damaged. Nothing to test there, especially on the case!!

Sorry to write my greviences on here Hexus members but when i wrote in the Scan section my posts got edited or deleted by ChrisP. I am not out to cause waves, just wanted to put my view of what was going on with my RMA's.

I buy lots of items every month with Scan and will still continue to do so. I spend quite a bit of money with them. I am just saddened that it is just about 4 weeks since i applied for my refunds and after checking my bank account there is still nothing showing!!

I am also saddened that ChrisP can get so peeved with me by editing / deleting my posts and then closing my thread! He said that the thread had been closed as the matter had been dealt with and resolved. How is that? I am still waiting for my money?

Mods, if you think what i have wrote is in the wrong part of the Hexus forums then i am sorry for that and please do as you see fit. I just had to write about what had happened today as i was annoyed that my posts had been altered / deleted and the thread closed!
    Last edited by Koolpc; 02-12-2007 at 10:58 PM.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Scan Edited, Deleted then closed my thread!!

Just don't use them ever again, sorted.

Point is 4 weeks is hardly worth getting ones undies in a twist, and the intrest on the money is hardly going to be the cost of the return postage.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    Just don't use them ever again, sorted.

Point is 4 weeks is hardly worth getting ones undies in a twist, and the intrest on the money is hardly going to be the cost of the return postage.

No, i will use Scan as overall they are an awesome place to shop with. Just the Refund process has been long winded etc. It is worth getting annoyed about as it is my hard earned money of which i cannot be without for too long as i have a family to look after.

It is also the way that ChrisP has dealt with my thread that i am saddened by as 99% of the time he has been very helpful in the past.

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber

Closed the thread temporarily.

Ferral

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

The refund process is fine, but will occasionally have a few slow downs.

If you order 3 motherboards and send them all back, having had free shipping to get them to you in the first place, and you yourself then paid for all the return postage anyway, I think you must have been expecting to be out of pocket.

A credit in 4 weeks OR 6 weeks, tbh is good value.
    Why on earth would you expect some form of compendation? It's not America. It's England. We dont all have to have some compensation when something goes wrong sometimes, which is inevitable at some point.

Now, I have to point out, that IF I ORDERED A LOAD OF MOTHERBOARDS and sent 3 back, I'd be really pleased to get anything at all! Such returns must be a logistical nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thread Information