Thread: Advice ....

O\/\/N3D
    Thanks

Advice ....

Need some advice on the following matter.

Just bought the following laptop http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/NBspec.html?NNB-143

Last thursday (the day I ordered it) in the specs - AGP Graphics was listed as Geforce GO .... so I called them and asked them exactly what Geforce GO card it was (as I wanted to use it for gaming), the sales woman replied Geforce GO FX.

So I ordered/paid for the laptop there and then and it arrived yesterday, installed XP and drivers etc and turns out it is actually the GeForce4 440 GO AND between last thursday (day of order) and today they have gone and updated the specs on the website so that it now clearly states that has 64MB Nvidia GeForce4 440 GO graphics !!!!!!

I would probably not have bought it If i had known in the first place, its a beast of a laptop in every other aspect but I wanted a really good mobile gfx card too, the 440 is pretty lame.

Where do I stand ?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by M C STORM; 04-02-2004 at 11:10 PM.

Will work for beer... nichomach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • 1x250GB Maxtor SATAII, 1x 400GB Hitachi SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    Quote Originally Posted by M C STORM
    Need some advice on the following matter.

Just bought the following laptop http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/NBspec.html?NNB-143

Last thursday (the day I ordered it) in the specs - AGP Graphics was listed as Geforce GO .... so I called them and asked them exactly what Geforce GO card it was (as I wanted to use it for gaming), the sales woman replied Geforce GO FX.

So I ordered/paid for the laptop there and then and it arrived yesterday, installed XP and drivers etc and turns out it is actually the GeForce4 440 GO AND between last thursday (day of order) and today they have gone and updated the specs on the website so that it now clearly states that has 64MB Nvidia GeForce4 440 GO graphics !!!!!!

I would probably not have bought it If i had known in the first place, its a beast of a laptop in every other aspect but I wanted a really good mobile gfx card too, the 440 is pretty lame.

Where do I stand ?

Thanks in advance.
    You were misled as to the nature of the goods - they were described as one thing and turned out to be something else. Return the machine and claim a refund - this isn't a cooling off period thing, their description whether verbal or on the website forms part of the terms of the contract that you have with them. If they're a reputable company, they should just accept that, arrange for collection and call it quits.

Thread Information