Thread: eBay and Direct Bank Transfers - SAFE?

ERU
    Thanks

eBay and Direct Bank Transfers - SAFE?

I have a niggiling feeling that i may about to be scammed on eBay. My parinoia is not unfounded as i have been scammed for thousands on Paypal before.

I have accepted a direct bank transfer for about a year now; as a form of payment when i am the seller. I have just got an email from a buyer that he has not received his £254 item. This guy has paid via a direct bank transfer and i was wondering if it is possble for him to reverse the payment in any way. Can you do this sort of payment from a Credit Card? In which case i know it only takes a quick call to the company to get the money reversed.

I sent the item via first class recorded delivery, so im pretty sure he has received it by now and i still have the receipts for this.
    He's probobly just trying it on (would'nt be the first) to see if i got the receipts but i would like to know the score on direct bank transfers for future reference.

Thanks
    If it was sent recorded delivery then surely you can check whether it's been received? I'd check before doing anything else.

I don't think you can use a credit card for a bank transfer - they have to be made from bank account to bank account.

Thanks
    Nope, he can't take the money back, but it is up to you to deal with royal mail to ensure his item arrived, and I reccomend you do it promptly and politely. I recently bought something on ebay (with paypal) which didn't turn up for ages after the guy had sent it. The cause was royal mail being lazy gits, and not the other guys fault, but he didn't want anything to do with it. Would have been very unpleasent if Royal fail had lost it.

You're money is safe, but be prepared to chase up the delivery company for the sake of the genuine delayed/lost packages!

ERU
    Thanks
    yeah i got no problems helping this guy - its just i am not in a financial postion to be scamed at the moment.

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    nope he cant get his money back
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

iMc
    Thanks
    royal mail are so unreliable at the moment, u dont know if something is coming or going half the time. sum1 needs to sort it out...
    HEXUS|iMc

ERU
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iMc
    royal mail are so unreliable at the moment, u dont know if something is coming or going half the time. sum1 needs to sort it out...
    I can only agree with you 100% on that. I have been saying for a while that since the strikes they have never recovered. I have had about an awful large amount of stuff go missing/late on ordinary delivery. I have even started to look at other delivery services.

Thread Information