• ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • dell 2007wfp and Lg L194WT
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

Re: britain's got talent

I agree the kid can dance, thats great and everything but I don't see how as an act he can go much further.

I would imagine that Escala would be something people would pay to see, assuming they did a fairly interesting and longish set. They would compliment all sorts of other music as well

Watching someone dance like that is great for 4 minutes on TV but I can't imagine paying to see it.

Maybe thats just me

Thanks
    • tigerboyce's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T Deluxe/OC Palm
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920 D0 @3.8Ghz + Titan Fenrir
      • Memory:
      • 6gb (3x2) OCZ Reapers DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 690gb total WD caviars
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GTS 320mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520w
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell E228WFP 22"
      • Internet:
      • aol :/

Seen a very similar thing before on an Ad ages ago though, was for some car company. VW if i remember correctly...

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

Quote Originally Posted by tigerboyce View Post
    Seen a very similar thing before on an Ad ages ago though, was for some car company. VW if i remember correctly...
    I'm guessing thats where he got the idea.. because thats what I was thinking, for the Golf GTi perhaps.

Some of the youtube comments suggest Mr Cowell has signed Escala now anyway so I guess they will get the better deal afterall (if it's true).

HSK
    Thanks
    • HSK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87-Pro Socket 1150 DVI HDMI DisplayPort 8-channel Audio ATX Motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 4770K 3.50GHz Socket 1150 8MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LP Memory CML16GX3M2A1600C9 16GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Seagate 2TB BARRACUDA 3.5" SATA-III Hard Drive - 7200RPM 64MB Cache X 2 + Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Point Of View 8800GTS 512mb PCIE DVI
      • PSU:
      • Corsair Professional AX860 Fully Modular 80 PLUS Platinum 860W PSU
      • Case:
      • Corsair Graphite 600T Mesh Black Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 69cm (27")
      • Internet:
      • Plus.net

yep yep, the WV gti golf, has that famous breaker/body popper who's in a popular youtube vid (wearing a orange top/white bottoms on stage) and dances to the exact same Mint Royale remix of that tune in that ad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by staffsMike View Post
    Some of the youtube comments suggest Mr Cowell has signed Escala now anyway so I guess they will get the better deal afterall (if it's true).
    Just had a quick look on YT (I wasn't going to follow the show but decided to have a look). As far as the deal goes, I'd say that is a win-win situation. The kid still has a few years of school to go before deciding what he will do (if he can add singing into his skill set, he might be able to go further than a background dancer), and it sounds like he/his family could benefit from the prize money. On the other hand, Escala could use the opportunity provided by a record contract.

Thanks
    • TAKTAK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet SFX-L 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-O11 Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb FTTP

i was under the impression that escale were already signed.... or at least some of them are allready signed and had been before the competition
    Post Counts and Other Rewards, Rules, Folding@Home, Fans: Push vs Pull vs Push-Pull, Corsair PSU OEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by razer121 View Post
    Would you like me to enter you? it would be my pleasure
    TAKTAK.co.uk

Thanks
    • Stringent's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DQ57TM
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 760
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA Geforce 260GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion
      • Operating System:
      • Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Iiyama 24"
      • Internet:
      • Patchy

I was away this weekend and only just caught up. Sounds like another farce to me.

Thanks
    • TAKTAK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet SFX-L 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-O11 Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb FTTP

the whole thing looks to be a farce TBH, it looks like the bullied kid that grew up on a run down council estate didn't at all, and the bulling occured years ago.....

from wikipedia:

Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    Controversy
    There have been numerous claims of the producers having 'fixed' events in order to produce their desired results. In the Semi Finals, the group Per Diem were forced to switch songs at the last minute and to switch roles - the guitarist becoming the singer, the singer becoming the guitarist, at the behest of the shows producers, causing the group live onstage to exclaim afterwards 'We come on, sing and play the guitar and leave', an angry sarcastic quip at how they felt they had been used and manipulated, and had had their chances of success destroyed.[citation needed] Similarly Andrew Muir, George Sampson and Andrew Johnston had their pre-rehearsed routines altered at the last minute going into the final. This is possibly due to the upset with Charlie Green being a favourite choosing his own song and the ITV producers didn't want a similar mistake happening again.[citation needed]

Andrew Johnston
    In a 18 April 2008 article by British newspaper the Daily Mail, the mother of young contestant Andrew Johnston admitted that their story had been "over-egged" and the truth in the reality is, they do not live in a stereotypical council estate - like he had claimed during a previous interview for the talent show. He pulled on even more heartstrings when he claimed he was bullied but in fact, the bullying he allegedly sustained was early on in his life, and it was not a recent and regular occurrence. The show's producers have been accused of misleading the viewers and enhancing a "sob story".[38]

Escala
    "Scala" (now Escala) have also attracted attention from the press - the four members of the band are professional musicians who supported McFly in 2006. They are signed to an entertainment agency, and were invited to audition for Britain's Got Talent by Simon Cowell after they played the X Factor wrap party in late 2007. An ITV1 spokesman refused claims this was unfair, stating "Scala went through the same application and audition process as everyone else. Britain's Got Talent is open to any performer be it professional or amateur, with any talent."[39] Two of the four members of Scala were part of a similar five-piece classical group called Wild, who were signed to EMI and released an album with the label in 2005.[40] The quartet were then required to change their name from Scala to Escala. According to a report published in the Daily Mirror. "Scala [were] forced to change their name because it belongs to a little-known female voice choir in Belgium. The girls .. changed to Escala after EMI threatened to sue, despite having used it for two years."[41]

Faryl Smith
    The Sunday Mirror and Digital Spy both reported that Simon Cowell has arranged for free singing lessons to be delivered by leading vocal coach Yvie Burnett to 12-year old vocalist Faryl Smith. Burnett previously coached 2007 BGT winner Paul Potts and 2006 The X Factor winner Leona Lewis.[42][43]

Voting
    Britain's Got Talent bosses have been accused of fixing the show by manipulating the viewers’ vote, by the fans. In all five semi-finals of series 2, the semi-finalist performing last has won the public vote and made it through to the final. The same thing happened in the first series, with the last performer receiving the top acclaim, including in the final. Readers of the Daily Star say complaints have been flooding in, but bosses have denied all allegations. A spokeswoman for the hit TV show claimed that the pattern noticed by viewers was “nothing more than a coincidence”. She also added: “The judges have no say over the running order on the show."[44][45]
    Post Counts and Other Rewards, Rules, Folding@Home, Fans: Push vs Pull vs Push-Pull, Corsair PSU OEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by razer121 View Post
    Would you like me to enter you? it would be my pleasure
    TAKTAK.co.uk

Thanks
    • Stringent's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DQ57TM
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 760
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA Geforce 260GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Iiyama 24"
      • Internet:
      • Patchy

And this all comes after the investigations into phone in fraud.

Thanks
    • acrobat's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte DS4 965p Revision 2
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 4gig DDR 800 (C4)
      • Storage:
      • two 320gig Seagate Barracudas, and one 750 gig Seagate Barracuda (7200.10) and a 750gig same brand.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 620
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse 62
      • Monitor(s):
      • Apple Cinema Display 20"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media - Slow, expensive rip off, Indian customer service. Great choice eh? :C

Watching someone dance like that is great for 4 minutes on TV but I can't imagine paying to see it.
    It doesn't matter though. The point isn't to find an act that can take that specific act internationally, but just to find someone with talent and give them a helping hand. So he could now show up at an agency and they will snap him up instantly, and he could do anything with it, knowing full well that he won't crack in front of an audience etc.. MTV, adverts, a billy elliot type film, whatever. He now has a lot of recognition, a confidence boost, and about 150k or something to let him get some proper dance lessons somewhere proper, rather than standing in his little muddy back garden looking at himself in an old mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven W View Post
    I think that girl who sang like Catherine Jenkins was awful.
    In what way was she awful? And do you realise she was 12 years old?

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

Quote Originally Posted by acrobat View Post
    It doesn't matter though. The point isn't to find an act that can take that specific act internationally, but just to find someone with talent and give them a helping hand. So he could now show up at an agency and they will snap him up instantly, and he could do anything with it, knowing full well that he won't crack in front of an audience etc.. MTV, adverts, a billy elliot type film, whatever. He now has a lot of recognition, a confidence boost, and about 150k or something to let him get some proper dance lessons somewhere proper, rather than standing in his little muddy back garden looking at himself in an old mirror.
    I do like that they have genuinely helped someone out of a .. muddy.. situation, that great. There is just a nagging feeling that he really wasn't that great or creative compared to some of the other acts.

Like I said it might just be me, obviously a lot of people voted for him so thats great for him and his family

Thanks
    • acrobat's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte DS4 965p Revision 2
      • CPU:
      • E6600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 4gig DDR 800 (C4)
      • Storage:
      • two 320gig Seagate Barracudas, and one 750 gig Seagate Barracuda (7200.10) and a 750gig same brand.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 620
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse 62
      • Monitor(s):
      • Apple Cinema Display 20"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media - Slow, expensive rip off, Indian customer service. Great choice eh? :C

Exactly. I personally couldn't pick. I thought that last 5 or so were all equally talented. I thought I would vote based on who would be able to make the most of the prize, but I couldn't even decide that

The little boy's voice will break soon, so what will happen then? Is he only ever going to be a flash in the pan "I'm Walking In the Air" like Aled Jones? Or maybe that is true and that means he is more deserving to at least get him professionally recorded and stuff while he still can. As for the Escala, they sound great together, but are they individually talented? I have no idea because I don't play a violin And then there was that Signature group. The slimmer guy's hairline is receding badly, and he has no chance of doing any more michael jackson impersonation with a bald head, and they are no doubt under pressure to concentrate on their careers at that point in life. So maybe he/they should get a helping hand now, before it's too late.

In the end I couldn't decide so didn't vote for anyone But I like the principle of the show. It's a bit naff, and it's no Peep Show or Heroes or whatever, but these people do have talent, and unlike a band who can play local gigs, there isn't really any stage for these people, so I think it's nice to give them a helping hand.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

I agree the kid can dance, thats great and everything but I don't see how as an act he can go much further.

I would imagine that Escala would be something people would pay to see, assuming they did a fairly interesting and longish set. They would compliment all sorts of other music as well

Maybe thats just me
    It isn't just you. At the least, it's me as well.

But I can't really say too much, because I've only seen bits and pieces of the show .... usually for the duration of the time it took me to find the remote and turn over. I did see bits of the final, including the result, though. It reinforced my view of the quality of the "talent" if that selection were the best 10.

Yeah, the winner could dance I guess, but personally, my tolerance for watching that would be about 30 seconds at best. And that's about 25 seconds longer than some of the others.

The sole exception was Escala. From what little I heard, and if they have a decent and varied repertoire, I could actually see me sitting and watching, perhaps even going to see them. But that is based on a small sample of their performance.

I guess TV has to cater for an audience with mixed taste, but as far as I'm concerned, based on an admittedly fairly small exposure, the show is a complete waste of TV time. A dead loss. Almost as bad as Big Brother.

Thanks
    i wished the dog would of won, that way, as Britain's, we could say, the most talented person in our country.. isn't a person, its a dog..

I would imagine that Escala would be something people would pay to see
    without sounding too seedy, i'd pay to go and see escala entertain me... but they can leave the violins..

ok so i failed in sounding to seedy..
    Last edited by MD; 11-06-2008 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks
    • mycarsavw's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P8H77-M Pro
      • CPU:
      • i5 3350P
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • R9 285
      • PSU:
      • HX 620w
      • Case:
      • FD Define Mini
      • Operating System:
      • W10
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ G2420HDBL + GL2450HT
      • Internet:
      • Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    without sounding too seedy, i'd pay to go and see escala entertain me... but they can leave the violins..

ok so i failed in sounding to seedy..
    Take a closer look at them, you'll be less than impressed.
    |Kata: "Read title as 'fisting'. Not sure why I clicked. Relieved, really."|
    |TAKTAK: "It was so small that mine wouldn't fit into it"|

Thanks
    • Stringent's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DQ57TM
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 760
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA Geforce 260GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Iiyama 24"
      • Internet:
      • Patchy

Quote Originally Posted by mycarsavw View Post
    Take a closer look at them, you'll be less than impressed.
    Bond is better looking, but they ain't that bad.

Big Brother is the dregs, BGT hasn't quite got there yet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information