• Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x23LED
      • Internet:
      • BT Broadband

It was like I never left . .

First day back at work after two weeks off.

All I can say it was like I'd never left. Still the same old problems, still the same people giving me head aches because they can't do something, or they've forgotten a password to get into something and they are too lazy to look for it in the places I put them so that everyone could find them, without the need to ask me.

I still had to spend an hour of my shift sorting some tools laptop out as he'd somehow managed to wipe the hard drive clean and was too affraid to run his recovery disk in case he made it worse (how can you make it worse ?)

There is a pile of laptops from the last two weeks waiting for my attention, necause aparantly nobody is inteliigent enough to turn them on and see if they really are faulty.

At this rate, people are going to need two weeks off from me at work, and I'm only a sales person, I wouldn't mind if I was paid as a tech support person, I'd look at any laptop or PC you can imagine, just very frustrating when your primary job role is as a sales person and half your week is taken up by stuff that nobody else dare touch.

It'll take me the best part of half an hour per machine to find out whats wrong (run a recovery as thats what the manufacturers own techs will ask me to do anyway) then a further half an hour per machine to get them booked in.

Really am going to start telling people I'm not doing it anymore at work, had enough of it.

Sorry had to get it off my chest somehow.

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

Re: It was like I never left . .

Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
    Sorry had to get it off my chest somehow.
    absolutely no need to apologise mate... I feel your pain, I really do.
    If you can't come on here and have a rant, with your mates, where can you?

I think you might be looking for a new job soon, by the vibe of your despondancy.

Tell us what you did on your 2 week break What kinda trouble did you get into?

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    • Behemoth's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte mATX
      • CPU:
      • Phenom 2 X2 555 BE
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gig DDR3 Corsair XMS 3 1600 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 4 TB's Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 OC2
      • PSU:
      • OCZ StealthStream 2 600 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP x23LED
      • Internet:
      • BT Broadband

Re: It was like I never left . .

Quote Originally Posted by Zak33 View Post
    absolutely no need to apologise mate... I feel your pain, I really do.
    If you can't come on here and have a rant, with your mates, where can you?

I think you might be looking for a new job soon, by the vibe of your despondancy.

Tell us what you did on your 2 week break What kinda trouble did you get into?
    I'm always looking for a newjob, but being down here in Cornwall there is nothing out there I can turn my hand to at the moment. Reason being is that there's plenty of teaching job (I'm not a teacher) plenty of work going in the council as temporary admin jobs. Lots of managment jobs, but I'm not qualified for those either.

Still as for my holidays, well I spent a lot of money. Put three enw tyres on the car, it was roiginally two but then when I did a visual inspection I needed three !) bought myself a enw digital camera (Fuji S8000 FD) hoping to do an evening course in college in photography so I can learn to make better use of it.

I also a USB DJ console for my PC, something else I'm trying to learn, I want to mix music, it's a lot different than using the PC software I can tell you that much.

Apart from buying things I've had a good general clear out, I went out alot with my best mates, bowling, getting drunk, thought one night when I was driving I was going to get pulled over by the police because my mate Dave decided to hang his backside out of the car, waving at his ex wife at the same time. The look on her face was priceless. Please note I was not drunk that evening, I never drink and drive.

Played alot of games while I was off, well one really, seem to have mastaered a car in GTR Evo on the pro setting round Monza, chuffed to bits with that.

Also been helping a mate out with his new project, well it's sort of mine aswell, we're creating a dating website for the cornwall area only, his idea on how to help me find someone, we had one site almost ready to go and then found out the stuff we were using was hopeless so we are having to start again

I also discovered that one of my new years resolutions (which was to stop eating so many crisps as I used to) is paying off !! I've lost half a stone in weight

I enjoyed my holiday, and going back to work today was like having someone hit you over the head, with a brick.

Thread Information