Thread: Failed delivery with no name (Royal Mail)

Thanks

Failed delivery with no name (Royal Mail)

I've ordered some badges to give out as gifts from http://www.oldschoolbadges.com and after waiting a few days after receiving an email saying that it's been sent, and I still haven't received anything.

Slightly frustrated as I intended to give them away today, I emailed them yesterday. To their credit, I did receive a prompt reply stating that I should have received it, and though they have contacted Royal Mail, they can't do much before before 14 days is up. However, I was also informed that I did not put any name in the delivery address. Though I find that odd as I've never forgotten to put my name down when ordering anything online, and in the forms there is a star next to the name field which would at least suggest that they did check that all the necessary fields are filled (unless the star is just for show), I figured that a parcel should still be delivered to the given address irrespective of the presence/absence of a name.

My question is, what would the postman do if he needs to deliver an unnamed package but no one's in the flat? Would he just leave a card with no name? Or address it to 'The Occupier'? Or would he actually not leave a card at all and the parcel could have come and go? Thanks.

Thanks
    • DannyM's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5-2400
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 - PC-12800
      • Storage:
      • 120GB A-Data SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1GB Nvidia ASUS 560Ti DirectuII
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 620W HX Modular PSU
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" Dell UltraSharp U2311H
      • Internet:
      • 50Mb Virgin Media Cable Broadband

Re: Failed delivery with no name (Royal Mail)

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post
    I've ordered some badges to give out as gifts from http://www.oldschoolbadges.com and after waiting a few days after receiving an email saying that it's been sent, and I still haven't received anything.

Slightly frustrated as I intended to give them away today, I emailed them yesterday. To their credit, I did receive a prompt reply stating that I should have received it, and though they have contacted Royal Mail, they can't do much before before 14 days is up. However, I was also informed that I did not put any name in the delivery address. Though I find that odd as I've never forgotten to put my name down when ordering anything online, and in the forms there is a star next to the name field which would at least suggest that they did check that all the necessary fields are filled (unless the star is just for show), I figured that a parcel should still be delivered to the given address irrespective of the presence/absence of a name.

My question is, what would the postman do if he needs to deliver an unnamed package but no one's in the flat? Would he just leave a card with no name? Or address it to 'The Occupier'? Or would he actually not leave a card at all and the parcel could have come and go? Thanks.
    From what I know from a friend who works at the post office, they will ALWAYS leave a card, even if they put no name, the parcel is still addresses to reach a destination, so the card can always be left. Something fishy going on here. I'd start to nag the site you brought them from. It could be a mess up on Royal Mails behalf, bo not leaving a card is a bit fishy.

Thanks

Re: Failed delivery with no name (Royal Mail)

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post
    Though I find that odd as I've never forgotten to put my name down when ordering anything online, and in the forms there is a star next to the name field which would at least suggest that they did check that all the necessary fields are filled (unless the star is just for show), I figured that a parcel should still be delivered to the given address irrespective of the presence/absence of a name.
    You're completely right, I just tried a dummy order and attempted to submit with no name. The page refuses to let you. Chase them up telling them you definitely filled in your name, since it's clearly impossible to do otherwise.

Thread Information