Thread: Champions League Football

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks

Champions League Football

Well i don't know how many people who enjoy football on here, but if you love the game like i do, then you will have hopefully watched Deportivo VS Ac milan last night, and watched the other game (Chelsea Vs Arsenal) and seen the highlights of Real Madrid vs Monaco and Porto vs Lyon.

Becuase quite frankly all of these games were superb, especially deportivo, 4-1 down from the first leg to beat AC milan 4-0 in the second to win 5-4 on Aggregate.

But this doesn't tell the whole story as quite frankly the skill and belief of a team that put AC milan to the sword, one of the best footie matches ever imo.

TiG

P.S both Porto Goals vs Lyon last night ranked as 11/10 in quality.
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

In a place called VERTIGO CrapshoT's Avatar
    Thanks
    its a wierd year !! who would have thought the semi's would have lined up the way they have i thought arsenal v real madrid and ac milan v porto but shows how players can raise their game. even the fa cup semi's went to the supposed underdogs
    i think chelsea must fancy their chances,mr deschamps going back to the bridge adds
    a little more spice to the tie
    Farts are like children.....You always love you're Own.!!!
    Wise Men learn from Other people's mistake's...Fool's learn from their OWN.!!!

Thanks

The new arsenal dartboard.

Notice no doubles or trebles

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_owen_uk

The new arsenal dartboard.

Notice no doubles or trebles
    Top stuff.

Utterly bizarre run of results, I must say. Nothing surprises me in football anymore, but this really surprised me, which came as something of a surprise, I was surprised to find.

I mean, before these ties were played, Arsenal, Real Madrid and AC Milan were the three best club sides in the world, all on form, all top of their domestic leagues, all playing well. What odds would you have got on the final not being made up of 2 of those 3, let alone them all going out before the final?

Absolutely amazing. I know Real's form went out the window when they lost the King's cup, and Arsenal's when Man U knocked them out of the FA cup, but still, it’s an amazing set of results.

Arsenal 1-1 from the leg at Stamford Bridge, and score first at Highbury, and still lose, whilst Madrid, 4-2 up from the first leg at the Bernabeu, and also score first, and lose, and then Milan 4-1 up from the San Siro, losing 4-0 and going out.

Can't think of a more unlikely run of results than that, in all my years of watching football. So now Chelsea are rubbing their hands with glee.

Before all this, they were looking at an almost imposable route to the cup, that was Arsenal in the quarters, Madrid in the semi's, Milan in the final. Would have been a big ask.

Now, with Arsenal gone, it’s Monaco, followed by Porto or Deportivo.

All of a sudden, Chelsea are favourites, and the teams they have to beat, whilst good, are not great sides. Very much the year of the team who overcame a bigger team. Porto knocked out Man U remember, so all 4 of the teams left are there because they knocked out one of the bigger clubs.

It’s amazing really, but its all looking good for Chelsea now.
    Last edited by Stewart; 08-04-2004 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks
    I watched the first leg of AC vs Deportivo and AC absolutely battered them in the second half, I nearly fell of my chair when I found out Deportivo won 4-0.

Thanks
    Amazing set of results, when chelsea beat arsenal i was so happy as i am a chelsea fan but being an Italian made me slightly sad to see AC go out when they played so well in the first leg, But hey things are looking good for chelsea, and if they sack Ranieri now i am going to be very pissed at Abromovich.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M@rco
    But hey things are looking good for chelsea, and if they sack Ranieri now i am going to be very pissed at Abromovich.
    Amost the high spot for me was seeing how happy Ranieri was when Bridge's goal went in. I think the guy comes across really well, a nice, genuine sort of bloke with a bit of charm. In contrast you had Abramovich sitting politely clapping at the result, which I think showed you who had the genuine passion for the game.

iMc
    Thanks
    lol, i dont think Abramovich knows what football is all about! If Ranieri is sacked then that is ridiculous.

Arsenal for the Premiership! Come on you Gunners
    HEXUS|iMc

Thanks
    yeah everyone i have talked to in real life and in forums have been so happy for Ranieri everyone loves him, I am disapointed how Chelsea have treated him like crap becuase he is a top bloke.

Thread Information