Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you ever loose Days

Ravens Nest
    "put your hand on a hot pan and an second can seem like and hour, get your hands on a hot woman and an hour can seem like a second" i love that quote, where did you hear that?

Time flying when your having fun is weird as sometimes it seems to go in slow motion in your head but actually takes up alot of time :/ it took a little while for me to realise what you were saying, but now it makes perfect sense

i can play a game (Civilzation 3) be focusing hard on it, where minutes seem to drag as you think of all possible decisions you could make (That does seem to be in slow motion) and you feel you havent being playing for too long just concentrating a lot and 5 hours have gone by

An analogy for time that works for me is..
    (well for when we ignore it)

if you get the chance to look at picture or film of the earth from a far it seems to be a made up of different colours its an amazing sphere and every time you look at it its always there and you take no notice of it anymore.

It's only when you look closer that you realise how many layers it has, the clouds, atmosphere, the land masses, all the people, endless expanses of water, different animals and diverse plants.

And these things we get used to, it takes energy to take any notice of them, just like time, its only when we look at them closely do we notice that they are there.
    Last edited by Ravens Nest; 21-08-2003 at 12:09 AM.

misterious and scary
    Thanks
    hehe i am always doin it, i have missed meetin people cause of it and stuff, i hate it, its very annoying

errr ? ? ?

im confused

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    Originally posted by Ravens Nest
    [B]"put your hand on a hot pan and an second can seem like and hour, get your hands on a hot woman and an hour can seem like a second" i love that quote, where did you hear that?

its in a movie called Deep Blue Sea
    Originally posted by Ravens Nest

Time flying when your having fun is weird as sometimes it seems to go in slow motion in your head but actually takes up alot of time :/ it took a little while for me to realise what you were saying, but now it makes perfect sense

i can play a game (Civilzation 3) be focusing hard on it, where minutes seem to drag as you think of all possible decisions you could make (That does seem to be in slow motion) and you feel you havent being playing for too long just concentrating a lot and 5 hours have gone by

An analogy for time that works for me is..
    (well for when we ignore it)

if you get the chance to look at picture or film of the earth from a far it seems to be a made up of different colours its an amazing sphere and every time you look at it its always there and you take no notice of it anymore.

It's only when you look closer that you realise how many layers it has, the clouds, atmosphere, the land masses, all the people, endless expanses of water, different animals and diverse plants.

And these things we get used to, it takes energy to take any notice of them, just like time, its only when we look at them closely do we notice that they are there.
    Yup thats pretty much exactly what i was thinkin

its weird when you take a step back and look at it all for a while.

Thanks
    In my last job, time disappeared very quickly... The day is not long enough for the amount of work. The weekdays merged together into one long 'work session' and the weekends were too short for decent time for R&R...
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Thanks
    it seems like I've lost three months - I can't believe the year has gone so quickly... mind u in saying that I've not really had a holiday and am working constantly so there you go!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information