• ZBOX-AD02
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • 21.5" HD Thing
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Thing
    In what period?

I just got my mail direction bag, one from the 7th...Maybe they couldn't be bothered!

Thanks
    well one was sent to me a few months ago, the post office at other end is dodgy and they lost about 30 parcels form the same person (only one was for me).
    the other one was lastweek/this week.

Thanks
    • streetster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7P55D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 750 2.67 @ 4.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 2x1TB Drives [RAID0]
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2xSapphire HD 4870 512MB CrossFireX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Black Widow
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2311
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 50Mb
    grr i'm still waiting on some ram that was send Recorded Delivery on last monday... i'm used to 1st class stuff taking an extra day to arrive, but its just stupid .... as for Special Delivery, it cost me £5.20 to send a harddrive back to ebuyer, it got there before 12, and everything was sorted.. then i managed to get the £5.20 back from ebuyer woop... ah well *fingers crossed* that the ram hasnt been nicked or anything

byebye
    Mark

Thanks

Re: The Royal Mail sucks.....

I really hate the royal mail.Today i was waiting for a few parcels to turn up and of course they did'nt.This has happend on many occasions to me.All that turned up to day was junk mail and its not even even proper mail.Why on mondays you only get junk and not proper post.Another thing why do they deliever early on a saturday and during the week its any time from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm.The last point i have to make about royal mail is they are all overpaid and provide a **** service.

Thanks

Wow, that's some massive thread revival. 6 years. Is this a record?

Thanks
    • aeonf242's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ZBOX-AD02
      • CPU:
      • 1.6 GHz Dual Core All-in-One
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 100gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD Radeon™ HD 6310
      • PSU:
      • Power Brick
      • Case:
      • ZBOX-AD02
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • 21.5" HD Thing
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Thing

Quote Originally Posted by oillehusk View Post
    I really hate the royal mail.Today i was waiting for a few parcels to turn up and of course they did'nt.This has happend on many occasions to me.All that turned up to day was junk mail and its not even even proper mail.Why on mondays you only get junk and not proper post.Another thing why do they deliever early on a saturday and during the week its any time from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm.The last point i have to make about royal mail is they are all overpaid and provide a **** service.
    A blast from the past! 2003!
    But sadly still true....
    They deliver early on a Saturday so they can get down the pub.....
    More strikes on the way...hurrah!
    A dinosaur waiting for a comet....

Registered+
    Thanks

1) Mail is delivered more or less in the order in which it is sent. If your goods didn't arrive today, blame the sender for not getting around to it fast enough.

2) You only get junk on Mondays because you haven't signed up to the MPS, and you don't opt-out of receiving advertising materials from companies. Try doing these things.

3) They deliver early on saturday and late during the week because workers work a 5 day week, so you have different people delivering on saturdays. Additionally, for a worker to work an 8 hour day, they have to deliver mail throughout that day. It would be lovely if everyone could get their mail at 8am, but this would require eight times as many staff to work tiny little 1 hour shifts, and unless you want your stamps to become a lot more expensive, this isn't going to happen

4) Stop whining, you little girl. Royal Mail povides an excellent service. You're only getting the low end of the service because you're too much of a tightwad to splash out. If you want next-day guaranteed before 9am, pay for Special Delivery. If you want it delivered within 1-2 days at a time that suits the business, pay for standard 1st class. If you want to skimp further still, pay for 2nd. If you've only paid for the cheapest possible services, you can't really complain, and that you do implies that you are perhaps defective in some way.

There. Now, can I solve any other mysteries for you today?

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

I have to disagree. On Saturday I nipped out to the shops and missed a recorded delivery. I rang the sorting office and this morning I picked up the parcel from my local post office - for a small fee of 50p - it would have cost mme more in time and fuel to drive to sorting office to collect it.

The problem is that the withdrawal of Government support has forced the closure of many local post offices. But the service is generally pretty good - pit more etailers don't offer RM as a delivery service, particularly on small or low value items where the cost of delivery by a courier makes ordering uneconomic.

Quote Originally Posted by beanbandit View Post
    Wow, that's some massive thread revival. 6 years. Is this a record?
    Possibly - a first post on a long dead thread (presumably the OP has received his RAM by now ) sometimes indicates a potential delivery of spam.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirds View Post
    1) <---snip
    4) Stop whining, you little girl. Royal Mail povides an excellent service. You're only getting the low end of the service because you're too much of a tightwad to splash out. If you want next-day guaranteed before 9am, pay for Special Delivery. If you want it delivered within 1-2 days at a time that suits the business, pay for standard 1st class. If you want to skimp further still, pay for 2nd. If you've only paid for the cheapest possible services, you can't really complain, and that you do implies that you are perhaps defective in some way.

Hey blackbirds, welcome to Hexus! Now, please, just come off the fence and say what you think!
    Last edited by peterb; 17-08-2009 at 02:35 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Registered+
    Thanks

both my gf and me experienced lost card pin number when bank posted it to us. reported this to my local po/sorting office, they didn't know what happened...maybe the postman...who knows. now we have to arrange collection from bank if we need to renew our bank cards. but RM is still the cheapest and easiest option if we send small items. hope rm can improve their serive.

Thanks
    • aeonf242's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ZBOX-AD02
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 100gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD Radeon™ HD 6310
      • PSU:
      • Power Brick
      • Case:
      • ZBOX-AD02
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • 21.5" HD Thing
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Thing

Perhaps you can explain why the Royal Mail staff are striking?

At a time of mass unemployment and a deep recession many people would be glad of a public sector job.
    So you work in an industry that's under change and work practises are moving backwards, forwards and sideways....so what that happens every few minutes in the private sector....
    Just put the letter through the mail box, steal some cash from my nephews birthdays card and get back to work.

Thanks

Looks like our taxes are going a long way to making our lives easier, thanks again Gorden Brown.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got to get up early tommorow morning to go to work via my local depo, so i can complain and return the frankley record 8 letters that where mistakingly delivered to my address on sat.

i mean the post code is different, the street is different and the number is different? Oh you're able to read London correctly. Go strike your above average pay obviously isn't enough.... Either that or work as a train driver.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    I've got to get up early tommorow morning to go to work via my local depo, so i can complain and return the frankley record 8 letters that where mistakingly delivered to my address on sat.

i mean the post code is different, the street is different and the number is different? Oh you're able to read London correctly. Go strike your above average pay obviously isn't enough.... Either that or work as a train driver.
    Oh I get this as well. You can clearly see the door number but get mail for various other numbers APART from my own door number.

Who the hell is delivering my mail? Has David Blunkett had to get a second job because things are that bad now?

Thanks
    • aeonf242's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ZBOX-AD02
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 100gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD Radeon™ HD 6310
      • PSU:
      • Power Brick
      • Case:
      • ZBOX-AD02
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • 21.5" HD Thing
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Thing

Hurrah, more stirkes!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8215046.stm

More postal strikes will hit England and Northern Ireland this weekend, as a part of a continuing dispute over job cuts and modernisation.

Workers will walk out in Carrickfergus in County Antrim, Stockport in Cheshire, Boston in Lincolnshire and Hadfield in Derbyshire, for 24 hours.

The Communication Workers Union says postal staff are "facing a beating on all aspects of their working lives".

Royal Mail urged the union to call off the strikes.

Further walkouts by CWU members are planned next week in Skegness in Lincolnshire, Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire, and Rochdale in Lancashire, as well as in Birmingham, Coventry, London, Middlesbrough and the Isle of Wight.

The union also says it is pressing ahead with plans to ballot all 130,000 postal workers across the country next month for a national strike.

I'd have a double vodka over a lager anyday
    Thanks

I've been waiting for over a week for a cheque book. Ran the bank on the friday who said it got sent out on the 12th. Still nothing, and lately mail has been arriving late! The other day a whole lot of letters came through on the same day, stupid strikes! I'm in limbo about cancelling the cheque book and ordering a new one as it just means I'll have to wait even more.

Thanks

1) Mail is delivered more or less in the order in which it is sent. If your goods didn't arrive today, blame the sender for not getting around to it fast enough.

2) You only get junk on Mondays because you haven't signed up to the MPS, and you don't opt-out of receiving advertising materials from companies. Try doing these things.

3) They deliver early on saturday and late during the week because workers work a 5 day week, so you have different people delivering on saturdays. Additionally, for a worker to work an 8 hour day, they have to deliver mail throughout that day. It would be lovely if everyone could get their mail at 8am, but this would require eight times as many staff to work tiny little 1 hour shifts, and unless you want your stamps to become a lot more expensive, this isn't going to happen

1.I normally order things from Amazon or Ebay so you get a notice telling you when it has been despatched 1st or 2nd class so you can normally time when your parcels should arrive.Its just the postman been lazy"i can't be bothered to deliever that today i'll do it tomorrow".What does it take to ring a door bell.
    2.royal mail should be doing there bit for the enviroment.
    3.Funny we get the same postman on saturday as we do in the week only he comes at a better time on saturday.In the week he comes any time.
    4.I pay for 1st class or next day,sorry can't do any better then that.And also theres 1000's of people who are looking for work out there and royal mail are unhappy with pay and work conditions?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information