Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: One Packet Of Cancer Sticks Please.

Banned
    Thanks

One Packet Of Cancer Sticks Please.

Strange isn't it? Even knowing that smoking is bad for us, and even with 'Smoking Kills' written on the front of every packet, that some people will still buy them?

I mean, if you think about it, thats as pretty weird situation. Someone pays money for something which not only kills you, but says on the front 'Smoking Causes Fatal Diseases'.

I mean, they even try to appeal to your maternal nature, by telling you 'Smoking Whilst Pregnant Harms Your Child'.

Is the right approach though? I mean, your average Chav nob isn't going to be put off by that, are they? I reckon they should start to target these warnings at specific groups.

So, to put off the Chavs you could have 'How Can You Afford These? Oh I See... Ascot Trainers', or perhaps 'Silk Cut? You Scruffy Bastard', printed on the front of the packet in big letters.

Should stop a few Chavs from lighting up.

But why stop there? Maybe other products could have these warnings. Winalot could have 'He Might Look Friendly, But They Turn Just Like That...'. Should stop Chavs buying PitBulls.

Also, perhaps 'Have You Seen That rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish From Bargain Hunt? You Want That In Your Life?' on the side of boxes that Sunbeds are sold in, to stop Chavettes tanning themselves to oblivillion.

And maybe 'Fred West Used To Eat These' on packets of Fish Fingers; no reason, just think it would be funny.

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    So I'm a chav, then?

Banned
    Thanks
    Depends. Do you smoke with a group of your mates outside a bus garage? If so, yes. If not, probably not.

The point wasn't that people who smoke are Chavs; it was that Chavs who smoke don't have the brains to heed the standard warnings on packets of fags, so they should try a different style.

And then the final point was; I was just having a laugh.

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    Me too I should've put a smiley in there, really.

I'd also like to add that chavs don't have the will power to quit, either. With the relatively new "get your benefits paid directly into your bank account" thing, aimed solely at those without the willpower to get up off their arses, and everything.. you know. So the warnings are useless anyway.

Thanks
    Why should we stop chavs from smoking? I mean, smoking kills, and when it comes to chavs, isn't that a good thing?

Actually, no. Since the chavs live long enough to breed, and so ensuring the next generation of mentally sub-standard chavs, deprived of what little IQ genetics allows them by a mother who smoked during pregnancy, and continuing the reverse in our evolution, where natural selection is favouring not the best and brightest, but the illiterate chav-scum who can spawn the most offspring.

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    LMAO TeePee. Problem there is Chavettes breed at such a frigging young age, you'd need to start them smoking at the age of about 4... Oh wait....
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Thanks
    • Stringent's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DQ57TM
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 760
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA Geforce 260GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion
      • Operating System:
      • Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Iiyama 24"
      • Internet:
      • Patchy
    Just think about how much more money you give the government when you buy a packet of fags ....

Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanderz
    Just think about how much more money you give the government when you buy a packet of fags ....
    The government doesn't really want to stop people smoking. They only increase prices because they want to make more money as they know that people are still going to buy them - it a stealth tax.
    You've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?

Thanks
    They shoudl make the tax something like £10, that way smokers would actually pay for how much they cost the country instead of being subsadised (sp?) by all of us non-smokers. Might make some people quit as well, rising the tax 10P a time doesn't really put anyone off.

Ben

Thanks
    i think the warning labels that cover almost half the packet should be like the canadian ones.
    like this lovely label. they also have icky pictures of lungs, hearts and other nasty things. helps for those people who don't read...

only the finest beef
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by këö¬t
    i think the warning labels that cover almost half the packet should be like the canadian ones.
    like this lovely label. they also have icky pictures of lungs, hearts and other nasty things. helps for those people who don't read...
    Nice

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    have you ever smoked Vaul, matey? Have you ever tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    Quote Originally Posted by silent ben
    They shoudl make the tax something like £10, that way smokers would actually pay for how much they cost the country instead of being subsadised (sp?) by all of us non-smokers. Might make some people quit as well, rising the tax 10P a time doesn't really put anyone off.

Ben
    How much tax do you pay a year then?

because just for smoking I pay roughly £1040 extra tax a year, like anyone else that smokes around 20 a day.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks
    Some years ago I saw a definition of a cigarette -

"A white stick with a flame on one end and a fool on the other.".

/Ducks to avoid incoming rotten eggs and moldy tomatoes from our smoking members

Actually, there was a news article a few days ago about a 50-year study which showed (IIRC) that smoking 20/day knocked on average 10 years of your lifespan. It also showed that your chances of dying in middle age from smoking related illnesses nearly doubled - from 24% for non-smokers to 43% for smokers. There were numerous other similarly onerous implications of smoking.

Whilst I support people's right to smoke if they wish (providing they don't inflict their second-hand smoke on me), I would point out that I also support the individual's right to suicide if they wish - and it seems that smoking is little more than a fancy long-term form of suicide. Maybe that old adage isn't so far of the mark about what's on the opposite end of the cigarette to the flame

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    *throws eggs at Saracen*

I don't think smokers can not realise the effects of smoking now, I know im gonna die younger and probably in more pain but I'm not sure why but i don't seem to care that much. What does annoy me is people that think im the son of satan for daring to get my cigarette's out in they're presence e.g. sat in pizza hut the other day with a mate, and i took my cigarettes and phone outta my pocket and put them on the table, immediatly i had the complete attention of the woman on the table opposite who seemed deeply offended that i'd got my little packet of death out near here and saw fit to glare at me for the next 15 minutes.

Thanks
    I smoked for 2 years, i was on 2 decks a day at one point! Fortunately i'm completely straight edge now (and i mean completely)

I heard the funniest thing ever yesterday though. I was at a leaving party for college and one of the guys who was in our class was smoking. We had never seen this guy smoke so i said to him "when the hell did you start smoking?" and he said to me "oh, i decided to start 4 weeks ago". Hmmm, how very very very pathetic and totally and utterly stupid. This guy is 18, he knows better than to start a habit which is going to screw him over. There are some seriously screwed up people in this world.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information