Thread: Emotions

The Jelly made me do it! Honoop's Avatar
    Thanks

Emotions

Ive had enough of em!

Why does being a woman mean that your emotions are so ridiculous??

Let me elaborate...
    This morning I sat my last exam in my current sitting of ACCA exams and it went really well (I think), I come out of the exam hall into a beautiful sunny day, drive home with my windows down my stereo on and all is good with the world!
    Im in that much of a happy mood that I go to Tescos and do my shopping without getting stressed and head home to chill.
    There I am pottering around at home, doing ridiculous things like washing up - coz Im in a good mood!!
    Then as the afternoon continues I start catching back up with friends and the pressure from the past few months begins to ebb away - I should get happier right??
    But NO!! All of a sudden I find myself getting all upset...
    What on earth is all that about??

Sometimes I really hate being a woman!
    If you're not living on the edge, you take up too much room

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks
    its possibly more to do with the fact that you've just finished your exams cos a lot of people (male and female) go through the same - i know i used to...fortunately i've not had to sit an exam for a while

you've just spent the past year building up to these exams & as with any exam, they're a bit stressful to say the least, and there's obvioulsy a lot riding on them (not least, a years worth of work!) so its understandable that your going to be a bit twitchy. you've gone from having nothing on your mind apart from these exams & getting through them & now you've got, well, nothing on your mind cos they're done

i doubt i'm explaining myself too well here, i've just got in from the day from hell at work, but hopefully i'm making some sense

btw - good luck with the exams...i certainly don't envy you taking ACCA
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

Tumble's Rear Gunner
    Thanks
    like i was saying to you before, i experienced the same in may when i had my uni problems to deal with.... i had this hanging over my head since janurary and although it was sorted out and everything was ok. I was still behaving like i had to sort it 'or else', found it very difficult to relax and actually be genuinely happy for the first time in about six months. Took me about a week to shake it off and believe everything was ok

btw: my post was intended to tell you, its your body's way of reacting, and that your perfectly normal
    Last edited by lynni; 14-06-2004 at 05:15 PM.

South Barrule from Cringle Plantation (with a Landy )

Thanks
    yeah i had the same thing on the day of my last exam, i went out for the usual post exams drink went home and cried all night. I couldnt have told you why, apart from the fact i knew i'd failed that last one - which incidentally i did! I think it's just a way of releasing all that built up stress you've had hanging over you. After a good cry and a good nights sleep u'll be right as rain again

Don't feed the trolls... tiggerai's Avatar
    Thanks
    • tiggerai's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD PhenomII 955BE
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb Corsair XMS DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire X1950XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-R 550w
      • Case:
      • Antec lovely black thing
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x 20" widescreen
      • Internet:
      • Pipexpants
    I'm getting a bit like that, but in the reverse... I've got a VERY hectic july coming up, and not looking forward to it. It's gonna stress me out something chronic. I can be having a very good day and in a goood mood. then BAM... tears... !!!???!!!

My other half is very understanding though, which is nice.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by petrefax
    its possibly more to do with the fact that you've just finished your exams cos a lot of people (male and female) go through the same - i know i used to...fortunately i've not had to sit an exam for a while

you've just spent the past year building up to these exams & as with any exam, they're a bit stressful to say the least, and there's obvioulsy a lot riding on them (not least, a years worth of work!) so its understandable that your going to be a bit twitchy. you've gone from having nothing on your mind apart from these exams & getting through them & now you've got, well, nothing on your mind cos they're done

i doubt i'm explaining myself too well here, i've just got in from the day from hell at work, but hopefully i'm making some sense

btw - good luck with the exams...i certainly don't envy you taking ACCA
    Yes I also think that..that's maybe beacuse of the exam. I experienced exactly the same thing. But I it's gonna get better I promise you that! Good Luck, and I hope the results gets good.
    Love, Peace and Linux

The Jelly made me do it! Honoop's Avatar
    Thanks
    doubt i'm explaining myself too well here, i've just got in from the day from hell at work, but hopefully i'm making some sense
    Made perfect sense to me, somehow!! Cheers, hope ur evening was better than your day from hell!

Thanks Guys... good to know its not just me who gets like this then!

Been to work tonight, put my brave face on and Im now looking forward to the rest of the week because I have most of my evenings back to myself again!!
    Time to crack open that bottle of wine thats in my fridge I feel!
    If you're not living on the edge, you take up too much room

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    ah, the ups and downs of exams at a young age...luckily i had extra-curricluar activities to occupy me...always best if you do.
    that said its a sort of anti-climax when they're over, no fireworks, no fanfare. you just go home and have tea.
    next day, nothing to do - its been done already, you feel lost. but things will pick up. your brain is a funny thing and working it hard then stopping is bound to feel slightly funny!