Thread: MSI update

Thanks

MSI update

Ok had a call from the top man, and his European counter part, they have offered me a full refund and my costs of £75( the cost of my insurance), or cost and upgrade model.

Now asking what should i do? take the upgrade or take my credit, now this new guy i've been emailing has been very nice not like the others, he's managed to do things very fast which in a way makes me want to stay with MSI, however i'm worried that this could be a one off.

Advice?
    Last edited by petercook7; 23-03-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks

Re: MSI update

What do you mean by 'one off'?

Are you happy with what they are offering? If so, accept it. If not, tell them why not and see what they offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    What do you mean by 'one off'?

Are you happy with what they are offering? If so, accept it. If not, tell them why not and see what they offer.
    How long it took me to resolve it, this guy seemed to have an understanding and proceeded with speed to help me, but was it due to me contacting everyone I could about this?

This was the email.
    Please help to give me a favor if you agree the proposal for you.

I need you help to give me a mail for your satisfaction for how we settle down the case and guarantee that you will not take media complain or / and go to a legal way for this case in the future.

Thanks for your understanding, and wish you will really satisfy the proposal, thanks.

I had to send them the copy of my insurance costs which was £75 pounds, my costs were a bit more £30 letters by post and cost of phone calls, and my time but I just didn't want to push it by asking them for that amount more if Roger seemed to helping.. Otherwise it was just a credit refund.
    Last edited by petercook7; 23-03-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

That's a pretty strong waiver you're agreeing to. Possibly no more posting on Hexus about the issue for example.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    That's a pretty strong waiver you're agreeing to. Possibly no more posting on Hexus about the issue for example.
    He is referring about BBC and the newspapers which I had someone willing to write the story about my case.
    What i need now to think, do I take the money or new upgraded laptop from MSI? I have asked what model until then i'll not make a choice or should i just take the money because i don't want to be burnt again.
    Last edited by petercook7; 23-03-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Well then I'd ask - how urgently do you need a laptop? If you can do without then take the refund and you'll be able to buy yourself the updated model, or one from a competitor, soon anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    Well then I'd ask - how urgently do you need a laptop? If you can do without then take the refund and you'll be able to buy yourself the updated model, or one from a competitor, soon anyway.
    using it for gaming it had a 4870 graphics card, 17" with 8 gig mem i5. noth that urgent now as i'm borrowing a laptop for a few days.

Thanks

Bit surprised this is even a question for you, what with several threads about never wanting to do business with them again. I've nothing against MSI, and quite honestly, one bad experience does not an evil company make. I work in IT retail and we don't sell crap but bad eggs do come along and we get to deal with the upset customers. We had a similar situation as yours but with Sony. End of the story though - considering that you've threatened media action - this gesture on their part doesn't seem to be good will but rather damage control. You could take what they offer, you could take the cash, you push for more, or you could pursue further outside action (which at this point seems a bit much). If you take a laptop from them, odds are it's not going to be another dud. However, be aware that if it is you might get more of the same. If I were you I think I'd take the cash, unless they're offering some incredible deal for the money. ???
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thread Information