Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Climate change trigger War ?

Banned
    Thanks

Will Climate change trigger War ?

I think its inevitable that the battle for limited resources is eventually going to get nasty given whats at stake, never mind the long term repercussions for the rest of us.

Accordingto this in fact it looks like there is already some friction going on.

The lunacy of course being that , their greed is only going to screw things up even worse by going down the very same road that lead us into this mess in the first place .

m

Kendoka - Kendo For Life! IronWarrior's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Will Climate change trigger War ?

Yes, I agree it's inevitable as resources get limited and harder to obtain, we will be going to war with counties that we used to call friends and allies.

This is why, I always believe you should have a very strong military force, there is no better way to keep peace then having a stronger army then everyone else.

Ah well, sure in the end, there be three big players left to battle it out, that being America, China and Russia I guess.

Don't see this happening in my lifetime or my future kids.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
    Yes, I agree it's inevitable as resources get limited and harder to obtain, we will be going to war with counties that we used to call friends and allies.

This is why, I always believe you should have a very strong military force, there is no better way to keep peace then having a stronger army then everyone else.

Ah well, sure in the end, there be three big players left to battle it out, that being America, China and Russia I guess.

Don't see this happening in my lifetime or my future kids.
    The whole idea of using more to create less is a fallacy because those in charge of creating more always abuse it .

When theres enough resources they can get away with it , when theres not ( like now ) you see who comes off the worst for making those decisions - not them - but us

Its no wonder the 1% are upping security everywhere to try to snuff out potential problems - and its not terrorists their worried about , its those they've enslaved in their lies.

m

Formerly known as Andehh Andeh13's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Andeh13's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P35
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair XMS2 800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 250gb Western Digital AAKS, 2 x 500gb Western Digital AAKS, 1TB WD Caviar Green
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG Geforce 8800GTS 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" & Sony 17"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 10mb... hate them!

All I hear is job security for anyone working in the defence industry. Weapons full of WIN...FTW!

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

I watched a program a while ago where they uncovered the US plans that had been drawn up "in the event"....they had calculated who were most likely to invade who first and best strategic responses to each scenario. IIRC, I think that they were expecting it to kick off at the start of the next ice age as habitable and arable land area decreased.
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    I think its inevitable that the battle for limited resources is eventually going to get nasty
    Yes.

Will Climate change trigger War?
    No.

Thanks
    • funke_munke's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
      • CPU:
      • i7 2600k + Noctua NH-U12F @ stock
      • Memory:
      • 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz low profile 1.35v @ stock
      • Storage:
      • 128gb Crucial M4 SSD + 3TB WD Red + Backup drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750w HX
      • Case:
      • Corsair 700d
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Samsung 226bw

I do think climate change could trigger a war - if a large enough water shortage hits in the right place (take a look at India) all hell would break loose between nations.

The financial war is already on anyway - which has potentially devastating consequences for EVERYBODY. The debt buck is being passed around, and no one knows who the music will stop on. This is more likely to trigger war than climate change. Also aggressive price manipulation of various assets, and the worldwide protect-the-petro-dollar attitude bandied around so readily these days.

America has the largest and most advanced military in the world. Do they seem very peaceful? When money (read: resources) are involved, there will be no peace had from a large military. A lower risk of invasion, certainly, but not peace.

The irony of a large-scale war would be that we could have invested all the wasted resources into coming up with solutions to scarcity, and saved all our asses. Ho hum.
    "I Don't mind Lobster. It's like you could, you know... Punch... A lobster. I wouldn't eat anything I couldn't punch"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by funke_munke View Post
    I do think climate change could trigger a war - if a large enough water shortage hits in the right place (take a look at India) all hell would break loose between nations.

The financial war is already on anyway - which has potentially devastating consequences for EVERYBODY. The debt buck is being passed around, and no one knows who the music will stop on. This is more likely to trigger war than climate change. Also aggressive price manipulation of various assets, and the worldwide protect-the-petro-dollar attitude bandied around so readily these days.

America has the largest and most advanced military in the world. Do they seem very peaceful? When money (read: resources) are involved, there will be no peace had from a large military. A lower risk of invasion, certainly, but not peace.

The irony of a large-scale war would be that we could have invested all the wasted resources into coming up with solutions to scarcity, and saved all our asses. Ho hum.
    The Chinese will end up mining planets in the next 30 years, the race now is for the resources of world. They have already said they plan to build a space station as a platform to outer space, with a base planed for 2025 on the moon.

Kendoka - Kendo For Life! IronWarrior's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by funke_munke View Post

Think you missed the point, them having the most advanced (they are not the largest) military force in the world allows them to do whatever they want whenever they want and if an all for ourselves war breaks out that sees allies attack allies and friends, they be pretty on top of everything.

Also... they do have peace, I checked the news right now and I can't find anything about any wars going on in the the USA or anywhere else in a first world country.

The third world? That's a different story and irreverent.

Banned
    Thanks

Think you missed the point, them having the most advanced (they are not the largest) military force in the world allows them to do whatever they want whenever they want and if an all for ourselves war breaks out that sees allies attack allies and friends, they be pretty on top of everything.

Also... they do have peace, I checked the news right now and I can't find anything about any wars going on in the the USA or anywhere else in a first world country.

The US must be quite confident in that technology if their trying to
    start trouble in Iran , their not going be exactly at full man power to start fighting for oil everywhere it suits them , and China / Russia knows it.

m

Thanks
    • funke_munke's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
      • CPU:
      • i7 2600k + Noctua NH-U12F @ stock
      • Memory:
      • 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz low profile 1.35v @ stock
      • Storage:
      • 128gb Crucial M4 SSD + 3TB WD Red + Backup drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750w HX
      • Case:
      • Corsair 700d
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Samsung 226bw

Uhhh no enemy combatants in your own country is not the definition of peace. They are at a constant state of war.

The real use of their military right now is not defense in the traditional sense; it is to prop up the dollar. Without an aggressive military policy it would have collapsed an age ago.

Sorry to go off topic.
    "I Don't mind Lobster. It's like you could, you know... Punch... A lobster. I wouldn't eat anything I couldn't punch"

Thanks
    • Noxvayl's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigabyteZ87X-UD4H-CF
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengaence LPX + 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Snadisk + 256GB Crucial SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB Sapphire R9 380
      • PSU:
      • ENermax Platimax 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • ATMT + Dell 1024x1280
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre

Just thought I'd throw my 2 pence in: wars aren't triggered, they are planned; justification for them is either manufactured or stumbled upon.

As for armies and peace: Look at the living standards of the poor in a country and you'll see whether massive armies benefit a country or not. All countries with massive armies suffer from high poverty levels; if any percentage of your population is unable to obtain the necessities of life in your country then it is not a peaceful country.

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

People will be the justification for wars not climate change.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    People will be the justification for wars not climate change.
    what about H.A.R.P.P ,cow and moose farts ?

M
    Last edited by melon; 20-04-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by petercook7 View Post
    The Chinese will end up mining planets in the next 30 years, the race now is for the resources of world. They have already said they plan to build a space station as a platform to outer space, with a base planed for 2025 on the moon.
    lol?

Anyway I think there will be inevitable social unrest as the prices for resources keeps rising. At what point will the price of petrol for example be prohibitively expensive for average families to own a car. Will people protest? Will there be violence? I think there will be but mainly from hooligans who are looking for an excuse to smash stuff anyway (like the riots last summer).

I personally don't think many people will be that bothered about climate change. Some cities and towns may have to be evacuated if it gets really bad but I doubt it. A much likelier scenario is councils will build flood defences and many coastal cities will exist like New Orleans does now. The water problem is hard to predict, most climate change models expect there to be more precipitation as temperatures rise so it could bring welcome relief to dry areas. If worst comes to worst we'll start seeing jellyfish appear on our supermarket shelves. I think the depletion of resources will become a much more 'real' issue for most people before climate change is even felt.

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    what about H.A.R.P.P ,cow and moose farts ?

M
    Moose are just a force of nature!!

17. Received thanks from:

melon (20-04-2012)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information