Thread: To help stop junk mail and unwanted calls...

Thanks

To help stop junk mail and unwanted calls...

Not sure if you guys know about this, but you can register your address and phone number with the Mail Preference Service and Telephone Preference Service to help cut down on the amount of rubbish forced upon you...

MPS
    http://mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/

TPS
    http://mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

To quote from their website:

The Mailing Preference Service (MPS) is a free service set up 20 years ago and funded by the direct mail industry to enable consumers to have their names and home addresses in the UK removed from or added to lists used by the industry. It is actively supported by the Royal Mail and all directly involved trade associations and fully supported by the Office of the Information Commissioner.
    It can take up to 6 months for the amount of (addressed) junk mail to be reduced and it seemed to work as I registered my folks place ages ago. The telephone one works too, just a shame it doesn't stop those flipping scam calls that originate outside the UK.
    ♪~( ̄ε ̄;) (/゜ー゜)ノ ((((((●~*

Thanks
    Thanks for this.

Just reistered the mail one.

Phone one works really well as I did it about a year ago. I get the odd call but rip em to bits and register a complaint online. Its funny putting them off their script.

Had one today sating that wanted to damp survey my house as someone in the area is causing the damp and wanted to see if it was me

Thanks
    This service works very well

iMc
    Thanks
    nice links...
    HEXUS|iMc

Rob
    Thanks
    As Event so rightly said this service works. And it works very very well. Took no more than a few weeks for the calls to stop, and IIRC just slightly longer for mail.

And the added bonus if someone does phone, is asking for their full name and company details (Which they HAVE to give you by law otherwise it's a malicious call) and then informing them they have just broken the law, and that they WILL be reported. Even if you dont, it makes the pondlife sweat for a few weeks.

Thread Information