Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People These Days

Thanks

Angry People These Days

Well this morning i found out that our caravan has been stolen, we keep it locked up with many other caravans near where we live and pay for storage. Apparently it must have been stolen monday or so the owner of the lockup says, well at the moment i feel so angry, i hope we never see the people that did this becuase me, my brothers and dad would probally beat the living hell out of them. Makes me even more angry when i think how hard my mum and dad worked to buy the caravan, it was nearly brand new and top of the range and they loved it to bits. We havent just lost the caravan we also lost everything that was in it such as the brand new orning (sp?). Have any of you had somthing like this happen before?

Thanks
    I hope it was insured in some way (I really know nothign about caravans..), hopefully you can get the money back?

A few years ago my dad had about £2000 of fishing stuff stolen from the boot of his car, luckly it was covered by the house insurance, or car insurance.. and he got most of it back...

Whats a orning?

Thanks
    awn·ing ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ônng)
    n.
    A rooflike structure, often made of canvas or plastic, that serves as a shelter, as over a storefront, window, door, or deck.
    Dont mind me was curious too, though I knew what it was but then checked to make sure
    I hate it when stuff gets nicked and a few things lifted from my garage a few of years ago. Not nice
    I take it the police have been informed and everything?
    Hope it was insured as well.

Thanks
    Well the bad news is i dont think it was insured, but the police have been informed, dont these people have hearts? dont they feel guilty? Funny thing is that there were caravans outside the shelter and ours was right at the back so somone must have had the key to get in there the first place or there would have been signs of a break in, and somone knew exactly what they were looking for. I am also slightly miffed at my parents about why they didnt insure somthing of that value

herbalist
    Thanks
    sorry to hear that mate. the place my parents keep their caravan is very secure, with loads of locks n gates etc.. didn't you have a wheel-lock and a hitch-lock on it? if not, i doubt you'd get much sympathy off the pigs.
    hope it turns out well, and if you find whoever stole it, give them a kick from me.
    peace

if war is the answer, then we are asking the wrong question
    2 things i hate the most - xenophobia and the french
    "chuffing"

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Well thinking about it if its a caravan you stick on the back of your car don't you need to have insurance on the caravan to transport it??.

Putting a vehicle on the road and putting a caravan on the road should be the same thing no?, you should have to pay insurance on it????

If not why not, there has been a very nasty accident on the M1 with a caravan involved, it seems that if caravans are not insured like cars are then they damn well should be.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    your caravan does have to be insured

and surely if you pay to keep it on a cravan lick up, they have insurance

Thanks
    Russ i thought that, but aparently the place we locked it up at doesn't, becuase the guy cant insure other people property or somthing and we didnt have any other locks on it apart from locking it up within the building. Well needless to say my mum is really upset bless her, and the police are going there to photograph footprints and tyre marks that were left by the theifs, well i guess its only material property and everyones still ok.

Thanks
    the bloke must have some sort of insurance mate, seems a bit fishy to me.

Thanks
    yeah, gotta have some insurance of some kind, otherwise your asking for trouble. let us know what the police say n such, and if you ever get it back.. surely its not so easy to make a caravan dissapear :/ get one of those trackers fitted if you do get it back, ive whacked one in my car. thought all vehicles of sorts had to have some 3rd party insurance or something :/
    er, if your northbridge fan is humming loudly, disconnect it. _dont_ kick the side of the case, it _will_ break it.
    i know :/

Thanks
    Right aparently the reason becuase the guy doesn't have insurance is because the lockup is owned by a farmer and is on his property, this is the only lockup in my area so we didnt really have a choice of where to put it, and due to him having the caravans on his own property he can't insure them becuase they are not his. Now i have no idea about this kind of thing but does he still have to have insurance even if this is the case?

Thanks
    Sounds dodgy to me mate; it depends if he's advertising it as secure storage or whatever though, I guess. If there's no sign of a break in then it sounds suspiciously like the guy who owns the place arranged for it to be stolen himself.....

Anyway bad luck m8, I know how it feels to have stuff nicked by scum.

Rich :¬)

Thanks
    We had a tree stump and gravel stolen out our front garden once. I'm sure they put it to good use.

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    Quote Originally Posted by KeZZeR
    We had a tree stump and gravel stolen out our front garden once. I'm sure they put it to good use.
    ! Really?

And M@rco... That's bad news I hope you find it/catch the thieving vermin
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Ex-PC enthusiast
    Thanks
    Does the guy take money for keeping stuff in his lockup? If so then you have to have a case of some sort otherwise he could just sell them off the back of the lot and make a ton.
    The Cow by Ogden Nash
    The cow is of the bovine ilk;
    One end is moo, the other, milk.

Thanks
    Yes we do pay the guy, my parents said we was really worried and felt really mortified, i bet he did if he could get sent down lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information