Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Giving Up Smoking Support Thread :)

Thanks
    Oh man I don’t know if it’s the smokes or what! I’m just being a right arsehole of late, I’m mad, moody and very emotional! I just wanan have a big cry, I have so far snapped at my housemate, my girlfriend has had a ear bashing and then I followed that up with nasty comments about not caring anymore! I’m sick of my job and feel like I just wanna run away!! And now I seem to be doing my old favourite of hurting the people that care!

ARRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHH!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Sixkiller
    Oh man I don’t know if it’s the smokes or what! I’m just being a right arsehole of late, I’m mad, moody and very emotional! I just wanan have a big cry, I have so far snapped at my housemate, my girlfriend has had a ear bashing and then I followed that up with nasty comments about not caring anymore! I’m sick of my job and feel like I just wanna run away!! And now I seem to be doing my old favourite of hurting the people that care!

ARRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHH!!!
    Hm, well my guess is that you're like that becuase of the smoking, my uncle went like
    that when he tried to quit smokeing. I can understand that it's very hard for you, since
    it isn't something that you easily can control. Although if you have a talk with them you
    are closest with..like your girlfriend and housemate..etc, that you're trying to quit smoking..
    and that is why you're behaving that way, they'll probably accept it.
    But it's like that in the beginning i suppose, but if it get much worse..then try to talk to
    someone, professional..they can surely help you out. Since you're not the only one feeling
    the way you feel.

I hope you'll survive and that everything is gonna work out with you.
    That thing you mentioned above, that you just wanted to cry..well, don't stop it.
    You are allowed to cry, it's human and considering you're in the position you are in
    it's truly acceptable. Don't you worry!

and I'm sure that everyone in your environment will understand and support you
    if you tell them how you're feeling etc.

Good luck mate.

btw, thank you very much for the thing you wrote about me earlier. It feels nice to
    hear stuff like that. .

*hugs*
    //Moonshade*
    Love, Peace and Linux

Thanks
    Used to smoke 80 a day so justed packed it in and that was 35 years ago, cant stand the damn things, very antisocial

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate
    Used to smoke 80 a day so justed packed it in and that was 35 years ago, cant stand the damn things, very antisocial
    That is really impressing mate. You !
    Love, Peace and Linux

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshade
    Hm, well my guess is that you're like that becuase of the smoking, my uncle went like
    that when he tried to quit smokeing. I can understand that it's very hard for you, since
    it isn't something that you easily can control. Although if you have a talk with them you
    are closest with..like your girlfriend and housemate..etc, that you're trying to quit smoking..
    and that is why you're behaving that way, they'll probably accept it.
    But it's like that in the beginning i suppose, but if it get much worse..then try to talk to
    someone, professional..they can surely help you out. Since you're not the only one feeling
    the way you feel.

I hope you'll survive and that everything is gonna work out with you.
    That thing you mentioned above, that you just wanted to cry..well, don't stop it.
    You are allowed to cry, it's human and considering you're in the position you are in
    it's truly acceptable. Don't you worry!

and I'm sure that everyone in your environment will understand and support you
    if you tell them how you're feeling etc.

Good luck mate.

btw, thank you very much for the thing you wrote about me earlier. It feels nice to
    hear stuff like that. .

*hugs*
    //Moonshade*
    Thanks Moony, what you said makes a heck of a lot of sence! i have felt a bit better today, but just worn out! running everyday is taking it's toll, but will be worth it, almost two weeks now

Thanks
    Yep I made a commitment to try and get fitter (although am pretty fit already), gonna start swimming 3 times a week (on top of the twice a week footy/soccer). Trained last night (5 a-side) and its unreal how much more breathe I have.

Hope you feel better Bobby, I haven't really suffered with moods (yet). I have just been abusing smokers (mother and friends), coughing really loudly when they light up etc.

Coming up for 3 weeks and going well

Thanks
    does anyone else walk by a smoker and take a big gulp of air and go hmmmmmmmmmm... ok ok i know it's bad!

Thanks
    does anyone else walk by a smoker and take a big gulp of air and go hmmmmmmmmmm... ok ok i know it's bad!
    No I dont do that but if someone is sat next to me smoking I make a big issue of wafting them with my newspaper or what there is at hand, usually works

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_owen_uk
    Yep I made a commitment to try and get fitter (although am pretty fit already), gonna start swimming 3 times a week (on top of the twice a week footy/soccer). Trained last night (5 a-side) and its unreal how much more breathe I have.

Hope you feel better Bobby, I haven't really suffered with moods (yet). I have just been abusing smokers (mother and friends), coughing really loudly when they light up etc.

Coming up for 3 weeks and going well
    That is really good ! and it sounds good too, I want to get fit too, although I suspect that I'm fit already..but I'm not seeing that fact. The hard thing is that I finish school around 5.00 p.m 3 times a week, so it's too late. Because when I get home I have to finish up the school work..so I only have sometime at the weekend.

But you're really good mate, keep up the good work!

I must say I'm really proud of everyone here that are trying so hard!

//Moonshade
    Love, Peace and Linux

Thanks
    Thanks Moony, what you said makes a heck of a lot of sence! i have felt a bit better today, but just worn out! running everyday is taking it's toll, but will be worth it, almost two weeks now
    No problem at all Bobby . I want to help, so I'll do the best that I can to do so. Well, as you said it will be worth it, that is so true. Try to remember that when you feel depressed or a bit low! It'll all go well..

It'll be okay, I believe in you!

Keep up the good spirit, you
    Love, Peace and Linux

Thanks
    There is a book that you can get that really helps anyone to stop smoking if if anyone is interested you can get it from Amazon the title is by Allen Carr, "Easy Way To Stop Smoking"

Comes well recommended

Thanks
    Guy I know on other forum has read that and suggests it highly, might have to give it a go.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_owen_uk
    Guy I know on other forum has read that and suggests it highly, might have to give it a go.
    Go for it, and hope it works for you

Thanks
    yeah sounds good, is it a big book! cos it takes me ages to read!

Thanks
    yeah sounds good, is it a big book! cos it takes me ages to read!
    Dont know m8 as I have no need for it, but look at all the cigs you can smoke reading it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate
    Dont know m8 as I have no need for it, but look at all the cigs you can smoke reading it
    thats just mean!

i'm just starting my 3rd week now, how is everyone else doing?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information