Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Giving Up Smoking Support Thread :)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_owen_uk
    Why not save every penny you save from not smoking for a week, say 20 a day thats £35 (roughly), treat them to something nice and tell them thats because daddy stopped smoking, not only will it be nice for them & you it may put them off smoking when they grow up.
    Well I'd need to persuade Daddy to stop smoking first, because I'm Mummy Ok I am hanging my head in shame, I failed to even stop when I said I would Am still going for it though (Wednesday) and am already taking steps, such as only place that me & Barry are allowed to smoke is kitchen with window open and kitchen door shut. This is due to the fact we're in the process of decorating the living room and I am so sick of yellow paintwork within 6 months of decorating As soon as kitchen is decorated though, it will be outside for Barry I will of course not be, as I will not be smoking by then

Well done to you Daniel and you, Bobby for keeping it up. You are both an inspiration

Thanks
    Mummy has changed sex she smoked that much

Hidden set a date and commit to it, tell as many people as you can, daft as it sounds one of the main thing that stops me smoking is the presure I have put myself under by telling so many people (even just on hexus I feel I owe the people something).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Spirit
    Well I'd need to persuade Daddy to stop smoking first, because I'm Mummy Ok I am hanging my head in shame, I failed to even stop when I said I would Am still going for it though (Wednesday) and am already taking steps, such as only place that me & Barry are allowed to smoke is kitchen with window open and kitchen door shut. This is due to the fact we're in the process of decorating the living room and I am so sick of yellow paintwork within 6 months of decorating As soon as kitchen is decorated though, it will be outside for Barry I will of course not be, as I will not be smoking by then

Well done to you Daniel and you, Bobby for keeping it up. You are both an inspiration
    Just one word of adviceSTOP!!!!!

Thanks
    yeah common i'm starting to forget all about them now! i feel much better in the morning and running is sooooooooo much fun now!

Thanks
    How's everyone doing? i'm ok, still a bit moody, but well pleased, i made three miles running without a break! that was just a pipedream 3 weeks ago! brought some nice new running shoes with the money i saved to, they were £70 knocked down to £35 and £35 would = about 10 days smokes! so no probs there!

Thanks
    Nice one bobby

I am doing good still swimming tue,wed & friday, although skipping this tuesday (playing 6 a-side).

Its still not easy for me sat in pub sunday was killer I could have murdered a marlboro.

But I have just completed 1 month with no cigs, alcohol or coffee (or any other drugs). Feel good about it really

Thanks
    Good work Dan!

how do you feel with the quiting tea and coffee stuff? i have thought about that but i'm not sure if i should give my body any more greif!

Thanks
    Hey, good efforts all round, 'specially bobby, a great guy for sorting himself out if I ever knew one

Lotta new faces since I was last round these ways (moved away for summer work) and well done the lot of you.

Remember, smoking sucks. No money, cancer, yellow teeth, bad breath... you'll thanks yourselves for it!

Thanks
    If the doctor says quit, you know its time quit.

Thanks
    yeah that's true!

thanks Doc!

anyone seem any good web sites on the 'giving up smoking'

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Sixkiller
    yeah that's true!

thanks Doc!

anyone seem any good web sites on the 'giving up smoking'
    Hi,

Try this:

http://www.givingupsmoking.co.uk

I stopped just under two weeks ago, and found some of the advice on there good.

Regards

Al

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_owen_uk
    Nice one bobby

I am doing good still swimming tue,wed & friday, although skipping this tuesday (playing 6 a-side).

Its still not easy for me sat in pub sunday was killer I could have murdered a marlboro.

But I have just completed 1 month with no cigs, alcohol or coffee (or any other drugs). Feel good about it really
    That sounds very good! .
    I'm proud of you mate!! The episode in the bar, that was really a hard one I can imagine..and I'm really glad/proud that you made it!
    Continue that! You are on your way being a much healtier person! ..and a more happy one I think!

And Bobby, I'm happy that you're finding your running easier and better now! I haven't reached the point when running is funny, but I'm working on it. .

You are so good guys!
    GO ON YOU'RE GONNA MAKE IT!

I'm gonna for thee..(both of you )
    Love, Peace and Linux

Thanks
    Financial
    At today's rates, a 20-a-day smoker will spend £31,025 over the next 20 years. Holidays you could have enjoyed; savings you could have built up; a home, car or important possessions you could have owned; toys and experiences you could have brought for your children.
    With inflation and rising tax its likely to be more like 50k :O

Still going well I am into my 6th week now and still no cigs. Nice to have a smokefree bedroom, no ash all over the place.

Thanks
    Guys….

I failed on Friday night; I gave in after a complete nightmare of a day! The mother of all days! Which included blowing up a mate’s computer having a girl tell me that she is in love with me and has always been, seeing my housemates fall out and not speaking to each other, Falling out with my lady and generally falling of the wagon and eating the wheels to!

I have picked myself up and luckly I have suffered no new cravings and I’m back on that wagon!

I did not wanna tell anyone but what’s the point!

i just see it as 1 failer and 32 days of success, still not a bad record!
    Last edited by Jimmy Little; 04-10-2004 at 09:41 AM.

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    Keep at it, chaps. Nice to see you all doing so well. Unlucky for the relapse, Bobby. I doubt that it's too much of a setback for you.

Me? Still smoking. Weak! I tells ya! Weaaak!

Thanks
    thanks, i'm a little peed off that i failed but cracking back on now!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information