Thread: Atos : Countdown to Extinction

Kai
    Banned
    Thanks

Atos : Countdown to Extinction

ATOS recently contacted me to tell me they have denied me a home visit , and I am not sure if its because I was not seen in person or because of what my GP claims.

Either way I find it pretty shocking because I asked him myself for visit but was refused without any reason and instead being offered a phone appointment instead despite the fact he had never seen me ( i only registered a month before I got worse )

I had no idea at the time this wasnt considered appropriate as no one told me , and assumed it was fine because he was familiar with ATOS's rules ( as I assumed most GPs are ) and of course was not told otherwise , until ATOS themselves told me some 7 months later.

During the phone consultation he surprisingly admitted not being familiar with ATOS's procedures ( although he had the info there but hadn't read it all ) so in response I reiterated what they had told me, just to make sure he knew , in addition to giving him their ph no and contact details . He concluded the consultation by telling me he was content do a letter for me based on what I had told him / history , and that he would phone up ATOS if required.

After a month ATOS told me they still had not received a letter from him or a phone call , so I decided to write him a nice letter explaining this along with more input on my history and records backing it up to make life easier for him - still no reply or conformation so I was eventually forced to phone. When I did , I found out the letter had been done but was waiting to be collected , despite the fact he agreed to post it - because of my inability to travel.

When I eventually did send the letter to ATOS , I not only had to do it once but three times , because they were apparently unable to find it in their system and even accused me of sending to the wrong address despite having recorded proof .

Some 7 months later they miraculously find it - then hit me with this.

I understand that we did receive a letter from your GP , however the information was not accepted as he had copied on to us what you had told him. In the Healthcare professional's phone call to him recently, as he had not actually seen you to form his own opinion, he could not provide his own opinion to support your request for a home visit - it is insufficient evidence for a GP to copy on what their patient tells them without the GP being able to verify the information.

I hope this clarifies the situation

Im not sure what to be more surprised at here , but I'd be interested to hear what any one else here thinks , and of course what I should do ?
    Last edited by Kai; 08-09-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Kai
    Banned
    Thanks

Re: Atos revisited.. 7 months later

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/gp-benefit-guide.pdf

" DWP may ask you to complete an ESA113 form if they require further medical evidence to
    decide whether your patient needs a face-to-face assessment. You can complete this from
    your medical records without carrying out a separate examination of your patient "

No mention of any exceptions there based on being a new patient or not , as ATOS are insinuating , unless its mentioned somewhere else.

Dang .. wrong damm form ( BF223 ) and i can find 0 on it

What Beep of a day .. I can see why some people just give up at times or lose it , reading stuff like this is just depressing at some point you just feel like saying Beep it .

And just when you thought we'd grown some balls to the good ol US ( no disrespect to US readers here ) you here about more insidious relationships making their mark.
    Last edited by Kai; 08-09-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Melon!
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

4. Received thanks from:

Phage (08-09-2013)

Kai
    Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    Hi Melon!

where ?

I want to finally meet this mystery too !
    Last edited by Kai; 08-09-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Thanks
    • BobF64's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-3770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair XMS3 PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • Multiple HDD and SSD drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS DUAL-GTX1060-06G
      • PSU:
      • 750W Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP ZR24w

You need to remember that it is the goal of the purse holder to ensure they dont have to open the purse when they can just wait for people to give up and/or die.

They get a bonus for "efficient distribution of funds" and carry on safe in the knowledge no one knows who they are.

Thread Information