Thread: Anyone ever bought anything from istoreonline before?

Registered+
    Thanks

Anyone ever bought anything from istoreonline before?

I'm not sure whether this is the correct place to post this thread but anyways.

I'm looking to build a new PC and I'm trying to find the components that I'm after at the cheapest possible prices. I've come across i-store-online (http://www.i-store-online.com/). Has anyone ever bought from this place before? If so, are they any good?

Thanks
    • g8ina's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z75 Pro3
      • CPU:
      • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3.
      • Storage:
      • 250GB SSD system, 250GB SSD Data + 2TB data, + 8TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon HD 6870
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 22"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100MB unlimited

Re: Anyone ever bought anything from istoreonline before?

USA based global company, never heard of them, remember cheapest is NOT always best.

Id go for a company with a well known name and good reputation. Scan for example....

Caveat Emptor.
    Cheers, David

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by g8ina View Post
    USA based global company, never heard of them, remember cheapest is NOT always best.

Id go for a company with a well known name and good reputation. Scan for example....

Caveat Emptor.
    You are probably right, but I'm a sucker for ordering from the cheapest place. It seems like that no one has used this site before.. which is a bit worrying though!

Thanks
    • Output's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte AORUS Master X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 Kingston Fury Renegade @ 3600MHz CL16
      • Storage:
      • Sandisk Ultra 3D 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800 XT
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3
      • Case:
      • bequiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    You are probably right, but I'm a sucker for ordering from the cheapest place. It seems like that no one has used this site before.. which is a bit worrying though!
    It likely wouldn't be the cheapest place if the goods are sent from a location that means you have to pay additional fees due to import taxes & VAT etc. (this is of course assuming that you are in the UK, and that they aren't in the EU).

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

They allege that they ship from MK, so that shouldn't be a problem. But I still wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

Thanks
    • g8ina's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z75 Pro3
      • CPU:
      • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3.
      • Storage:
      • 250GB SSD system, 250GB SSD Data + 2TB data, + 8TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon HD 6870
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 22"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100MB unlimited

MK you say ?? HK more likely
    Cheers, David

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    I understand the temptation, but the danger is that if the item (s) show up broken, or not at all, or the wrong item is delivered, or perhaps worst of all, it packs up after 3 months, 8 months, 15 months, you are FAR better protected if the supplier is based in, and subject to, UK (or at least, EU) consumer protection legislation.

And of course, comments above about VAT, import duty, customs clearance fees, etc, are all quite right.

I know NOTHING about this particular site, including where it is based, or what legal jurisdictions or extra charges may apply, but I advise you to consider two questions :-

1) If a cheaper price up-front appeals, how about the possibility that it ends up a lot more expensive over a year or two?

2) How, if at all, do you value your time, and the hassle, or sorting out problems if something goes wrong?

I bought my last TV, for instance, from John Lewis. Why, when web-based box-shifters are cheaper?

Well, first, a free five year guarantee. Second, if it goes wrong I stick it in the car and can be back at the store in 15 minutes, not boxing it up, and messing about with courier collections and deliveries. Third, past experience with JL suggests customer service, in the event of problems, is generally first-rate.

And fourth, the very nature of cheap online stores is that they're easy to start, and easy to fold up, too. There is a concern that they might be here today, gone tomorrow. And if they are, good luck getting problems resolved.

So, if a given store is cheap, ask yourself why? There are some genuine reasons, but also, it may be lack of customer service. What it almost certainly isn't for a no-name place is that they're buying in quantities large enough to get price breaks the big boys get.

Just remember, low price and good value are not necessarily the same thing. After that, your money, your choice .... and risk.

8. Received thanks from:

somebody (26-11-2013)

Account closed at user request
    Thanks
    • wasabi's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B85M-G43
      • CPU:
      • i3-4130
      • Memory:
      • 8 gig DDR3 Crucial Rendition 1333 - cheap!
      • Storage:
      • 128 gig Agility 3, 240GB Corsair Force 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 750Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silver Power SP-S460FL
      • Case:
      • Lian Li T60 testbanch
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • First F301GD Live
      • Internet:
      • Virgin cable 100 meg

Depends a bit. In the past couple of years I've started buying a fair bit of low end electrical stuff direct from the Far East via ebay or Amazon. Would probably risk it up to bout £20, especially when I've got paypal/Amazon protection.

For anything major wouldn't risk it for reasons given by others - I won't even buy things from Scotland any more on ebay after a crook wouldn't honour warranty. I discovered if I wanted to go to small claims I'd have to go to Scotland as under Scots Law.

Thanks
    • TheDutyPaid's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Gryphon Z87
      • CPU:
      • i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB and 500GB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus 560ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750W
      • Case:
      • 1953 Bush AC-34 Radio now case
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" Samsung & 27" ASUS
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity, Fast :-)

Doing a Google search for "i-store-online.com" there are a lot of unhappy people waiting for their stuff. The site is registered in Thailand.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    I understand the temptation, but the danger is that if the item (s) show up broken, or not at all, or the wrong item is delivered, or perhaps worst of all, it packs up after 3 months, 8 months, 15 months, you are FAR better protected if the supplier is based in, and subject to, UK (or at least, EU) consumer protection legislation.

And of course, comments above about VAT, import duty, customs clearance fees, etc, are all quite right.

I know NOTHING about this particular site, including where it is based, or what legal jurisdictions or extra charges may apply, but I advise you to consider two questions :-

1) If a cheaper price up-front appeals, how about the possibility that it ends up a lot more expensive over a year or two?

2) How, if at all, do you value your time, and the hassle, or sorting out problems if something goes wrong?

I bought my last TV, for instance, from John Lewis. Why, when web-based box-shifters are cheaper?

Well, first, a free five year guarantee. Second, if it goes wrong I stick it in the car and can be back at the store in 15 minutes, not boxing it up, and messing about with courier collections and deliveries. Third, past experience with JL suggests customer service, in the event of problems, is generally first-rate.

And fourth, the very nature of cheap online stores is that they're easy to start, and easy to fold up, too. There is a concern that they might be here today, gone tomorrow. And if they are, good luck getting problems resolved.

So, if a given store is cheap, ask yourself why? There are some genuine reasons, but also, it may be lack of customer service. What it almost certainly isn't for a no-name place is that they're buying in quantities large enough to get price breaks the big boys get.

Just remember, low price and good value are not necessarily the same thing. After that, your money, your choice .... and risk.
    Thanks for the wise words. I have decided not to bother really, when you put it like that, it's not worth the hassle.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDutyPaid View Post
    Doing a Google search for "i-store-online.com" there are a lot of unhappy people waiting for their stuff. The site is registered in Thailand.
    Yeah I have been trawling through the internet and the feedback doesn't seem to be too good. I'm gonna pass this up and buying my computer parts from Amazon/Scan/Overclockers i think.

Thanks

Well I have just received a Samsung Sound bar via istore on line .com Yes it took a month to arrive its price was a good 20% less than anywhere else.
    I did get worried after such a long time, but they are legit and I feel I have to advise members that it is safe to do business with them.
    The units did arrive with European plugs but they are sending UK adaptors

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonyf11 View Post
    Well I have just received a Samsung Sound bar via istore on line .com Yes it took a month to arrive its price was a good 20% less than anywhere else.
    I did get worried after such a long time, but they are legit and I feel I have to advise members that it is safe to do business with them.
    The units did arrive with European plugs but they are sending UK adaptors
    I'm glad your experience was good (although waiting for a month seems a long time).

However, I'm sure members here will weigh up the risks, including lack of consumer protection, when considering purchases from overseas sites, particularly where the reputation and feedback might not be favourable.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks

Not me, but a friend ordered some RAM from istoreonline... It took ages (over a month) to arrive, their tracking system failed to update, and my friend had a lot of trouble with communication with them. If I were you, it's probably best to fork out a bit extra and opt for a more reliable service.

Thanks

Do not touch this company with a barge pole, it is a complete scam. If you have already and paid through paypal put in a claim before 45 days are up or you will lose your money, i ordered a samsung tablet, it took that long to go through the proccessing stage that by the time i realised i was not going to get it the 45 days were up with paypal and i could not make a claim. Needless to say 5 months later i have not received the product, not received the promised refund & i am £201 worse off. The company are not responding to my emails now & my account with them has expired so i can no longer even send them emails now again do not order anything from this scam artist

Thanks

Sorry to say that I ordered a tablet in October, haven't received the tablet and have not had a refund, now the company have disabled my account so I cannot email them anymore, which was pointless anyway as they had stopped responding to my emails. I lost £201

Thread Information