Thread: Cheapest path to VCP5-DCV

Jay
    Thanks

Cheapest path to VCP5-DCV

Hi,

I work a lot with VMWare these days with a pretty large VMWare estate and I would love to become a VCP. Unfortunately my current employers are not sending staff on any courses or sponsoring us in anyway so I need to do this out of my own pocket and the VCP courses are stupid money.

Does anyone here have an idea on how to get this qualification without the huge cost implications?

Thanks
    □ΞVΞ□

Splash

Re: Cheapest path to VCP5-DCV

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Hi,

I work a lot with VMWare these days with a pretty large VMWare estate and I would love to become a VCP. Unfortunately my current employers are not sending staff on any courses or sponsoring us in anyway so I need to do this out of my own pocket and the VCP courses are stupid money.

Does anyone here have an idea on how to get this qualification without the huge cost implications?

Thanks

If you'd posted before today... VMware Education Services were offering a 50% discount on their VCP5-DCV (vSphere 5.1: Install, Configure, Manage) course when booked before 31st December: this was for their on-demand classroom, rather than attending a course at someone like Global Knowledge or QA. Not sure what the regular pricing is, but you can get a bit more info at http://vmware.com/go/ondemandclassroom

(on the off chance that they've extended the promo code it was ODC-E50)

3. Received thanks from:

Jay (01-01-2014)

Jay
    Thanks

The code still works but its still £1,000
    □ΞVΞ□

Splash

Is that inc VAT? If so it's a pretty cheap deal - the company I work for have pretty good relationships with most training providers and I think the course I'm on in Feb is costing about £1750 inc VAT.

Of course "cheap" is all relative Are the company you work for a VMware partner at all? If so it's usually worth their while to have a few VCPs on their staff for their partner status. In fact: if you work for a VMware Premier Partner they're currently running a promotion allowing you to skip the training and just take the exam (so long as you take the exam by the end of June), which would save you the majority of the cost - would certainly recommend spending a few quid on Mastering VMware vSphere 5.5 if you go this route though - the best piece of tech reading I've spent cash on in the last few months.

Jay
    Thanks

That's plus VAT
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks

Not much you can do - the online course is about the cheapest.
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Splash

Just as an update: VMware Learning have the 50% off deal again for another few months http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/pla...388&ui=www_edu

Thread Information