Thread: Do we get official warranty for prize we get?

Thanks

Question Do we get official warranty for prize we get?

As the title says. Do we get official warranty for each prize we get from Hexus?

Thanks
    • g8ina's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z75 Pro3
      • CPU:
      • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3.
      • Storage:
      • 250GB SSD system, 250GB SSD Data + 2TB data, + 8TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon HD 6870
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 22"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100MB unlimited

Re: Do we get official warranty for prize we get?

Thats your first post is it, worrying about warranty if you win a prize ?

Welcome to HEXUS
    Cheers, David

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alipo View Post
    As the title says. Do we get official warranty for each prize we get from Hexus?
    "Each" prize? You expect more than one?

After more than 10 years of entering, I'm still waiting for my first prize, so I wouldn't worry too much about 'each' win, if I were you.

As for the question, I don't know and I don't speak for HEXUS on things like that, but my guess would be that HEXUS would offer you the standard manufacturer cover, or 100% refund of your purchase price.

As I understand it, the prizes are supplied by the manufacturers, in competitions run in conjunction with HEXUS. HEXUS charges other for forum access,vnothing for review site access, and nothing for competition entry, and you expect them to provide warranty cover?

As I said, I'm not a HEXUS spokesman, but I'm certainly not going to be the one to go ask the owner that question, as I think it's rather cheeky.

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media

Quote Originally Posted by g8ina View Post

Welcome to HEXUS
    If you don't get a warranty how will you be compensated for failure of something you got for free?

FWIW I had to exchange a prize I got in 2006ish, and dealt direct with the manufacturer as if I was any other customer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by g8ina View Post

Welcome to HEXUS
    Lol. Sorry mate, won't make post if I don't win any Hello to all Hexus folks nice to meet ya

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    "Each" prize? You expect more than one?

After more than 10 years of entering, I'm still waiting for my first prize, so I wouldn't worry too much about 'each' win, if I were you.

As for the question, I don't know and I don't speak for HEXUS on things like that, but my guess would be that HEXUS would offer you the standard manufacturer cover, or 100% refund of your purchase price.

As I understand it, the prizes are supplied by the manufacturers, in competitions run in conjunction with HEXUS. HEXUS charges other for forum access,vnothing for review site access, and nothing for competition entry, and you expect them to provide warranty cover?

As I said, I'm not a HEXUS spokesman, but I'm certainly not going to be the one to go ask the owner that question, as I think it's rather cheeky.
    I sent email to Hexus asking this question. Pardon me but I don't mean to be cheeky (honest). I'm considered myself quite lucky coz I had won giveaway several times (not only from Hexus, but this is 1st time from Hexus). I think it's considered perfect for each giveaway to be covered by warranty. It means the organizer truly gives complete services for giveaway. Whilst Hexus probably doesn't cover any warranty, but they can at least give a statement about it (or to whom we must ask) so the winner doesn't feel confused.

I won an AMD processor almost a year ago, not from Hexus. I asked the organizer about warranty and they relieved me with their answer, with quick response also. So I expect same thing from Hexus.

I already emailed Hexus more than a week ago, seeking for any statement, with no answer. That's why I'm asking you guys here.

Quote Originally Posted by herulach View Post
    If you don't get a warranty how will you be compensated for failure of something you got for free?

FWIW I had to exchange a prize I got in 2006ish, and dealt direct with the manufacturer as if I was any other customer.
    Agree mate.

Seriously casual gamer KeyboardDemon's Avatar
    Thanks
    • KeyboardDemon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabretooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k + Corsair H80 (Refurbed)
      • Memory:
      • 16gb (4x4gb) Corsair Vengence Red (1866mhz) - (Because it looks good in a black mobo)
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 SSD 1TB + 2x 500GB Seagate HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 (Warranty replacement for 780Ti SC ACX)
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750 watt SuperNova G2
      • Case:
      • Silverstone RV03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity (40mbs dl/10mbs ul)

lol. First post and he is both positive about the prospects of winning competitions whilst at the same time being pessimistic about the quality of the products on offer.

I would expect all prizes to come with the same warranty that is offered to any retail customer living in the UK at the time of issue. It might be that an RMA or support issue might take longer to process if you need to go through the process.

Manufacturers tend to have agreements with their distributors, authorised retailers and other sales channels that mean those agents will act on behalf of the manufacturer in order to be able to provide better/faster response to RMA/warranty repair issues than can be offered by a manufacturer that might not have their own facilities in the UK to deal with these matters directly. Where prizes are offered direct from the manufacturer, I would expect that the manufacturer would want to protect their reputation and so the prize will ship with some form of receipt or proof to show that it was indeed a prize given by them, but as they don't have an agent to act on their behalf it might mean that the manufacturer would need to arrange for your prize to be sent to the nearest convenient repair centre, so for Corsair that might means the Netherlands, for HP it could be Czech Republic, others might be in Germany, USA, Thailand, Korea or Taiwan etc...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KeyboardDemon View Post
    lol. First post and he is both positive about the prospects of winning competitions whilst at the same time being pessimistic about the quality of the products on offer.

I would expect all prizes to come with the same warranty that is offered to any retail customer living in the UK at the time of issue. It might be that an RMA or support issue might take longer to process if you need to go through the process.

Manufacturers tend to have agreements with their distributors, authorised retailers and other sales channels that mean those agents will act on behalf of the manufacturer in order to be able to provide better/faster response to RMA/warranty repair issues than can be offered by a manufacturer that might not have their own facilities in the UK to deal with these matters directly. Where prizes are offered direct from the manufacturer, I would expect that the manufacturer would want to protect their reputation and so the prize will ship with some form of receipt or proof to show that it was indeed a prize given by them, but as they don't have an agent to act on their behalf it might mean that the manufacturer would need to arrange for your prize to be sent to the nearest convenient repair centre, so for Corsair that might means the Netherlands, for HP it could be Czech Republic, others might be in Germany, USA, Thailand, Korea or Taiwan etc...
    Haha.. at first I don't expect that Hexus is 'real' giveaway site, but when I won my giveaway couple weeks ago, suddenly I became more aware of this site and Hexus is truly amazing they even give free shipping for the prize.

Thanks for your detailed explanation dude.

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alipo View Post
    Haha.. at first I don't expect that Hexus is 'real' giveaway site, but when I won my giveaway couple weeks ago, suddenly I became more aware of this site and Hexus is truly amazing they even give free shipping for the prize.

Thanks for your detailed explanation dude.
    I would point out that that is KeyboardDemon's assumption. Neither he (nor I) are in a position to give an authoritative statement on the position.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Seriously casual gamer KeyboardDemon's Avatar
    Thanks
    • KeyboardDemon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabretooth Z77
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k + Corsair H80 (Refurbed)
      • Memory:
      • 16gb (4x4gb) Corsair Vengence Red (1866mhz) - (Because it looks good in a black mobo)
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 SSD 1TB + 2x 500GB Seagate HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 (Warranty replacement for 780Ti SC ACX)
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 750 watt SuperNova G2
      • Case:
      • Silverstone RV03
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Swift PG278Q
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity (40mbs dl/10mbs ul)

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I would point out that that is KeyboardDemon's assumption. Neither he (nor I) are in a position to give an authoritative statement on the position.
    Quite right peterb, I twice used the phrase, "I would expect", to indicate that it is an expectation, I can't give that information as fact though, just as an assumption based on my expectations.

So what did you win anyway?

And will winning this prize encourage you to become an active member of this community?

10. Received thanks from:

peterb (20-02-2014)

Thanks

Thread revival......

Just for info. I won an Enermax PSU which is advertised with a 5 year warranty however when contacting them about it they stated that:

'Due to our warranty terms the warranty is valid only for first buyer. If you don't paid for the product, you have no warranty (lucky draws, test & review - no warranty)'

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagoro View Post
    Thread revival......

Just for info. I won an Enermax PSU which is advertised with a 5 year warranty however when contacting them about it they stated that:

'Due to our warranty terms the warranty is valid only for first buyer. If you don't paid for the product, you have no warranty (lucky draws, test & review - no warranty)'
    But if that's how a manufacturer regards their obligations towards warranty, it implies each manufacturer may see it differently.

A common mistake is to get confused between the statutory obligations of a retailer, any addition voluntary guarantee a retailer may offer, and a manufacturer guarantee.

For the first, retailer's statutory duties, they are mandatory but fairly limited, especially after 6 months. Problem is, HEXUS isn't a retailer and, though I'm not a lawyer, I can't see where any retail contract exists.

For the second, as there's no retailer, there certainly is no voluntary additional guarantee.

Thirdly, and this is where a guarantee may apply, there is probably no contract between manufacturer and competition winner (or generally, retail customer) so any guarantee offered is subject to manufacturer's discretion, and with very basic legal provisions (such as being in plain English, and being enforceable if offered and relied upon jn the buying decision) subject to their T&C's, and limitations.

So .... while I don't speak for HEXUS I doubt they offer guarantees, and whether a manufacturer will offer or honour retail guarantees on non-retailed items if up to them. I would guess most would, but it's their call.

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Some consumer legislation might still be applicable to the manufacturer, such as goods being fit for purpose...

Thread Information