Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grooming Forum?

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Grooming Forum?

I crank my fan speed right up and shove my head into my PC case.

Does the trick.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    Hairdressers - learn to DIY. Saves a lot of time and money....
    Nah. Like I said, our (qualified) hairdresser is a friend. She visits us, to to the wife's hair. Doesn't charge much, either. And doesn't charge at all for mine. Been doing that for, oh, 25 years or do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AledJ View Post
    If your after safety and straight razor shaving then check out this forum, plenty of good thread on there.
    Thanks. Seen that one.

Sort of a bit surprised that Hexites, apparently, aren't all that enthusiastic or particular about this sort of thing, despite being quite specific, particular and refined in their choices and preferred practises in just about everything else.

Whilst it's not a huge interest for me, I tend to like to hear little tips, recommendations, suggestions to do with shaving, clothing, and related topics.

Clothing being one are yet mentioned.

Cheers, though.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks
    • virtuo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master X570
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 9 5950x
      • Memory:
      • 64Gb G.Skill TridentZ Neo 3600 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Sabrent 2TB PCIE4 NVME + NAS upon NAS upon NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX 3090 FE
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850 80+ Platinum
      • Case:
      • Fractal Meshify 2 Grey
      • Operating System:
      • RedStar 3, Ubuntu, Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung CRG90 5140x1440 120hz
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet's best, but still poor, attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Galant View Post
    Whilst it's not a huge interest for me, I tend to like to hear little tips, recommendations, suggestions to do with shaving, clothing, and related topics.
    One shaving tip I learned when I used to wet shave, and it makes a huge difference, is to swallow and "hold" it when shaving your neck - lifts your adams apple out the way an stops you slicing yourself.

That's all I've got.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Thanks. Seen that one.

Sort of a bit surprised that Hexites, apparently, aren't all that enthusiastic or particular about this sort of thing, despite being quite specific, particular and refined in their choices and preferred practises in just about everything else.

Clothing being one are yet mentioned.

Cheers, though.
    Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but my attitude is that, beyond being clean and reasonably presentable, I don't give a flying fig about appearance. Never really have, but these days, I don't even have to pretend. The wife takes me as I am, and always has. I don't have an employer to worry about, and clients are welcome to find another supplier if they wish .... not that I ever meet most of them face to face, or if I do, it's very rare. As for clothes, I buy what's comfortable and well-made, at a price I consider reasonable and worth it . You might find me in a cashmere jumper and George jeans, but you won't find me in poncy 'brand label' gear, where it's about fashion label, not quality. In other words, I'm indifferent to 'grooming', because that's about my appearance to others.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    In other words, I'm indifferent to 'grooming', because that's about my appearance to others.
    Point taken, and I agree with the approach but my interest in these topics is less about about what others think and more about learning/sharing good, better and best ways to do things. Better, more enjoyable practises (because, if shaving can actually be a pleasure, even a little, as opposed to a potentially painful chore - as it is to some, then I'm all ears), better results etc.

I am, however, quite partial to figs and should I ever come across a flying fig I think I'd likely keep it rather than give it away, but that's just me.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Point taken, and I agree with the approach but my interest in these topics is less about about what others think and more about learning/sharing good, better and best ways to do things. Better, more enjoyable practises (because, if shaving can actually be a pleasure, even a little, as opposed to a potentially painful chore - as it is to some, then I'm all ears), better results etc.

I am, however, quite partial to figs and should I ever come across a flying fig I think I'd likely keep it rather than give it away, but that's just me.
    Well, my shaving tips can be condensed to :-

1) Grow beard
    2) Buy decent trimmer
    3) Set to your preferred length (10mm works for me)
    4) Trim with slow, repeated movements until no more trimming occurs.
    5) Repeat in a week or two, or when the moustache starts straining your soup.

Also, for the record, I'm not a fig fan, so if I ever spot a flying one, I'll give it your address.

But maybe your problem is that you're all ears. For those of with the regulation two, in more or less the conventional locations, shaving is pretty straight-forward (or was, before I stopped bothering). Mind you, it was wet-shave for me, never having been a fan of electric shavers. I can see how additional ears could present a problem, though .... not least, IMHO, with configuring your hifi speakers.

8. Received thanks from:

Galant (29-04-2014)

Thanks

Having tried, unsuccessfully, to find a gif of a fig (flying or otherwise) here's a poignant gif of a flying date, from which we can extract the lesson that whilst the jury may be out on the goodness of flying figs, one can be sure that flying dates are always a bad idea.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information