Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who does the best online Banking (website, ease of use etc) in your experience?

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Re: Who does the best online Banking (website, ease of use etc) in your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrichello View Post
    Danske Banks online experience is definitely the best I have experienced. The UK uses the same setup/award winning apps as over here in Denmark.

http://www.danskebank.co.uk/en-gb/Personal/ways-to-bank

If you don't need to visit branches (they based in NI) then well worth taking a look.
    However, they are not authorised by the FCA in the UK, but operate by virtue of being "passported" in under "EEA Authorised" rules. So anyone UK-based thinking of using them would be well-advised to check very carefully who backstops things like current account deposits. Do you have access to the Financial Ombudsman in the event of a problem, or is it the Danish regulator? Does the FCA's FSCS scheme cover such deposits, as it does with FCA regulated banks? And so on.

Obviously, that's (presumably) not much of a concern to Danish citizens, or residents, but my advice to any UK citizens or residents would be to think through VERY CAREFULLY using any bank that's not FCA regulated and FSCS protected.

It's not necessarily a bad idea. I had a bank account for years that was neither FCA or EEA regulated. But that was in different economic times. Just .... be careful.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Who does the best online Banking (website, ease of use etc) in your experience?

I'm a fan of Santander's online banking. Definitely the quickest to get onto and navigate (comparing to TSB and Virgin Money). I would say Virgin have the worst banking in terms of accessibility (no apps) and uptime, it seems to be under maintenance every week or so.

Thanks

Used IOM Bank (which is basically Natwest with different colours) - that was decent. Lloyd's Offshore, which is basic, but works reliably and quickly. On Halifax now - I do like the feature on the desktop site where you have a picture of any cards associated with the account next to the number. Makes it very easy to see what's what at a glance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

Young Member
    Thanks
    • shakerist's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Maximus Vİ İMPACT İTX
      • CPU:
      • İ7 4770
      • Memory:
      • 16gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1Tb wd blue, SanDisk 128gb ssd
      • Graphics card(s):
      • r9 270
      • PSU:
      • seasonic 620w
      • Case:
      • Bitfenix Phenom İTX
      • Operating System:
      • windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • samsung p2250
      • Internet:
      • Talk talk 38mbit fibre

Barclays - Cluttered interface
    HSBC Business - I hate it , just seems hard to find what you want, awkward to use.
    Llyods/ Halifax - I believe halifax is owned by llyods, correct me if im wrong, but they both have the same clean, simple looking interface my fav out of the UK banks.
    Türkiye İş Bankası - By far the best experiance ive had, very well thought out interface and I get brilliant exchange rates

They all get the job done, apart from maybe HSBC
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him dominate the world

Thanks
    • Barrichello's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VII Ranger
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-4790 (3.60Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 2 x (250GB) Samsung 840 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Geforce GTX 770 (DC2OC 2GB GDDR5)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750HX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R4
      • Operating System:
      • Linux/Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ XL2720T
      • Internet:
      • 100MB/100MB

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    However, they are not authorised by the FCA in the UK, but operate by virtue of being "passported" in under "EEA Authorised" rules. So anyone UK-based thinking of using them would be well-advised to check very carefully who backstops things like current account deposits. Do you have access to the Financial Ombudsman in the event of a problem, or is it the Danish regulator? Does the FCA's FSCS scheme cover such deposits, as it does with FCA regulated banks? And so on.

Obviously, that's (presumably) not much of a concern to Danish citizens, or residents, but my advice to any UK citizens or residents would be to think through VERY CAREFULLY using any bank that's not FCA regulated and FSCS protected.

It's not necessarily a bad idea. I had a bank account for years that was neither FCA or EEA regulated. But that was in different economic times. Just .... be careful.
    Yes its fscs protected....

http://www.danskebank.co.uk/en-gb/Ab...fscs-info.aspx

Your eligible deposits with Northern Bank Limited trading as Danske Bank are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), the UK’s deposit protection scheme.

Thanks
    • ehhhhhhh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z170-HD3P-CF
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 6800K@4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair DDR4 2400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960Pro 512GB nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 800D /w 240RAD
      • Operating System:
      • WIN10 PRO 64Bit / Debian
      • Monitor(s):
      • 3x DELL 2413

Online banking? pfff.

Bitcoin FTW.

Registered+
    Thanks

I really like Lloyds online banking, but I have nothing to compare it with as far as UK banks.

Thanks

With my experience I have use barclays and Halifax I think barclays easy to use and have everything you need

Thanks

Having used a few I think that Santander is probably my favourite, followed by Halifax. HSBC and First Direct both use very similar layout and can be quite irritating to use as is long overdue an update! Perhaps one of the more useful features with Santander is the ability to send a message direct to them and t hey are quite prompt at addressing queries, less time spent waiting on the phone or in branch.

Guess could do to try out Barclays / Natwest but for now I don't think the available accounts would really benefit me over my existing account.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information