Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Illegal Entry @ Channel Tunnel...

Thanks

Re: Illegal Entry @ Channel Tunnel...

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    I'm not an expert, but I'd like there to be better co-ordinated world-wide efforts on improving education and studies into root factors of causes of the things that cause population migration. It may be environmental, it might be intolerance, it might be selfish behaviour, but you can change the morals of a population over time with the right education for example, so looking at barriers to that education might be an important first step.
    the problem with that is religion - look at the `western` standards of the fastest growing religion in the world and you will see quite simply if its not in their book of words , it should not be taught. so how do you educate someone who will only use 1 source for teaching?

Thanks

Personally I think we should just let them all in. They clearly want to be here. Just don't pay them any benefits.

I think the same should apply to Britons FWIW

OilSheikh

We have nothing but ourselves to blame.
    We are a namby-pamby country who gives asylum to every Tom, Dick and Harry. 'Non-Arab & Non-White South African' Africans have been seeking asylum since time immemorial. And, then they claim benefits and in the process get a free council house, etc. How do you think they afford all these tank-like Range rovers? And, then their kids form gangs and make parts of London no-go areas.
    I disgress.

This lot in France know that their predecessors got everything for free by claiming asylum and so they are trying to come here.
    We need to change our laws :
    A - Stop giving asylum to anyone who lands here and wants it. That includes the Afghan hijackers from many years ago OR Olympic folks of many countries that came during the London Olympics.
    B - Only give asylum to people whose country has ongoing war. e.g. Syria or Yemen. In many of the BBC interviews I have seen with these illegal migrants, many are from Afghanistan, Iraq, Sudan or even Pakistan! The first three countries have definitely become stable.
    C - Asylum given to anyone should only allow temporary right of stay AND no entitlement to work AND anyone on an aslum visa CANNOT become a British citizen even if their kids are born here
    D - Once an asylum seeker's country stabilizes, they must return back or they will be classed as illegals and deported alongwith their families.

Next, we need to capture all these migrants and load them on Royal Navy ships and then leave them in Libya ( that's where they all started their journeys from ). Next, Royal Navy and EU ships should patrol off the coast of Africa and prevent any boats from reaching Europe. Boats caught will be towed back and then the empty boats will be destroyed.

We also shouldn't have deposed of Gaddafi. I am pretty sure the numbers in Calais was lower when he was in power, as the country was stable and enforced border control ?
    Last edited by OilSheikh; 01-08-2015 at 01:36 AM.

4. Received thanks from:

GoNz0 (01-08-2015)

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS

I love how the majority of replies on here seem happy with the idea of summary execution without trial, and other mass murder like drowning at sea. Really pushing the idea of Britain as a bastion of civilization, guys.

6. Received thanks from:

gupsterg (02-08-2015),Knoxville (01-08-2015),sammyc (02-08-2015)

Thanks
    • outwar6010's system
      • Motherboard:
      • asus Crosshair x370
      • CPU:
      • 1800x @ 4ghz
      • Memory:
      • Team Group Dark Pro Edition 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHZ
      • Storage:
      • More than most
      • Graphics card(s):
      • evga 1080ti
      • PSU:
      • corsair ax 760
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900d
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 pro 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • hp omen 32
      • Internet:
      • Bt infinite

Look at the cause of these refugees and fix that.....

OilSheikh

Quote Originally Posted by erudito87 View Post
    Look at the cause of these refugees and fix that.....
    It will never be fixed. Africa will remain a piggy-bank with a massive hole forever.
    How long have we been giving aid to Africa? I bet since I was born.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by HalloweenJack View Post
    the problem with that is religion - look at the `western` standards of the fastest growing religion in the world and you will see quite simply if its not in their book of words , it should not be taught. so how do you educate someone who will only use 1 source for teaching?
    But why are the vast majority of muslim countries absolutely fine then? I can't be anything inherent in Islam that's causing this or the other countries would also be having mass migration.

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

Quote Originally Posted by directhex View Post
    I love how the majority of replies on here seem happy with the idea of summary execution without trial, and other mass murder like drowning at sea. Really pushing the idea of Britain as a bastion of civilization, guys.
    I see no other way to get across the message of "do not come here"

we are a dot in the ocean and taking in so many we are sinking.

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack
    off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb

Speaking not as a moderator but as a member, I really am in awe of the attitude some of us seem to have towards immigration and the root causes of the problems we face as a country. That we are in the midst of an economic downturn, cutting public services and hemorrhaging money as fast as we can lend it has precious little to do with immigration. We are stuck in a situation that is very much of our own making.

I may not be able to do much about the stereotypes surrounding asylum seekers and benefits, as the Daily Mirror does a lot better job finding sensationalist articles on the subject than I do. However, after leaving my job with Whitbread late last year and attempting to get my own business to a stage where it can support me properly rather than simply providing some extra pocket money I ended up signing on as unemplyed myself. Who do I see in the job center every other week when I go in to complete my paperwork and meet with my advisor? Do I see flocks of immigrants that can't string two words of English together or do I see dozens of white, lower to middle class British citizens, some of whom have never worked a single day in their life? It's the latter of the two I tell you now.

Now, while signed on, it was suggested to me that I renew my SIA door supervisors license. The job center would pay for the course etc. all I had to do was show up.... Twenty six people attended the first day, which was basically a literacy and a numeracy test that you had to take before filling in an enrollment form. Out of twenty six of us there was ONE person that wasn't born in the UK, six British people made various excuses and walked out after five minutes when they were told the course would be three weeks long and nine until five every day. The Moroccan lad kept his head down, did the tests and three weeks later walked away with a license and a job offer. He is now a contributing member of society and whether you like it or not will add more to this country than the six lads that simply mumbled and walked out.

While on the course I heard all sorts about how there just weren't jobs out there for British people and why that was, covering everything from government conspiracy to immigration. All from people who would freely admit they didn't bother at school, left before their exams and didn't want to get out of bed for less than ten pounds an hour. There were some, like myself who were there to do the work, get a job and move on but the majority were jumping through a hoop so that they could keep claiming and bag a free license while they were at it.

That's half your problem right there and the figures tell exactly the same story -

Quote Originally Posted by The Telegraph
    In 2014, 4.9 million (92.6 per cent) working age benefit claimants were British while only 131,000 (2.5 per cent) were EU nationals. The number of recipients from outside of the UK — but not from the EU — was 264,000 (five per cent).

Likewise, in the latest data from 2013 for those tax credits, 3.9 million (84.8 per cent) families receiving the benefits were British citizens, 302,000 (6.4 per cent) were EU citizens and 413,000 (8.8 per cent) were from outside of the UK.
    That's not data that The Telegraph has gone out and found for itself either. Those numbers come directly from HMRC and the DWP. The figures aren't fantastic when you look at how many of us claim benefits in other EU countries either. In Germany for instance there are four times as many British citizens claiming unemployment benfits as there are Germans. I wonder, what would our opinion be as a nation if German authorities threatened to shoot 3,000 of us at their borders?

Aha! But those are the legal immigrants, what about all the illegal immigrants coming over here from countries we've fought over, bombed, meddled with and exploited the natural resources and manufacturing capabilities of for centuries? They must be a massive drain on our pockets, right?

The Daily Mail loves facts and figures about that sort of thing so let's use theirs shall we -

Quote Originally Posted by The Daily Mail
    Illegal immigrants use £3.7billion worth of taxpayer-funded health and education services every year, figures out yesterday suggest.

Each one taking advantage of Britain’s free NHS and schools costs the Treasury £4,250 per year, a Home Office report reveals.

The figures underline the true cost of illegal immigration to taxpayers and emerged as ministers admitted their controversial ‘go home’ vans led to just 11 illegals volunteering to leave the country.
    £3.7 billion eh! Maybe I'd better reconsider my opinions on this matter because clearly... Hang on a second... That's actually LESS than the government has spent on road works and repairs in the West Midlands area in 2014 -

Quote Originally Posted by The Express and Star
    Transport Secretary Patrick McLoughlin unveiled ambitious £15billion plans in Parliament to improve the country's transport network.

A total of £1.4bn has been set aside for motorways and key routes in the West Midlands, including the M6 and M42. Seventeen schemes will be launched, creating around 900 construction jobs.

And a separate pot of cash - £2.4bn - will go towards maintaining roads across the Midlands.
    £3.7 billion sounds like a lot of money. It IS a lot of money but not when you look at our national debt. Not really.

At the moment we are £1.56 trillion in the red. Every year that number goes up by an average of £107 billion, not by £3.7 billion as a result of immigration. Immigrants are not strangling this country, we are, the bankers are, our government is, it is our very way of life that is causing this problem.

The message we send to others should not be "we're full, don't come here", it should be "please, if you want to work, if you want to contribute and if you want to live in a country we haven't ripped apart so that we can pay ten pence less for everything, come here and help because we're in it up to our necks right now!".

12. Received thanks from:

directhex (01-08-2015),gupsterg (02-08-2015),MaddAussie (06-08-2015),sammyc (02-08-2015)

Thanks

Migrants needs to be fixed at point of escape from their country

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

It's completly clear, that the one state of affairs that can't continue is the one carrying on right now. As someone that finds thier 35min hourney home stretching towards 80 - 90 min that lives just outside the zone for operation stack. It's clearly a big pile of steaming .. well yes.

Every country that they come into contact with does nothing in the hope that the migrants will move on, and they're usually right. Those that land in Greece travel through a good number of countries. They are able to travel, right accross a number of EU countries all the time the authorities choose to turn a blind eye in the hope they'll become someone elses problem.
    As this is an EU wide problem, there needs to be an EU run and funded border agency that imediatly processes people upon landing, deciding if they stay or go. And if they stay in the EU, where.
    Untill that happens nothing will change. And i doubt that will even work as people may just reject the process. But all the time it's left for individual countries to process migrantes they will continue to ignore them so they don't have to pay for the resources to do that. And why should Greece and Italy foot the bill??
    All this and i just wanna be able to get home without making sure i have a pee before i leave and making sure i have food and drink in the car.....
    Given that many of these migrants come from very tough areas, we should 'in theory' show greater willing letting them come here to live and work than those from Europe.
    Last edited by Andy3536; 01-08-2015 at 05:07 PM. Reason: terrible smelling

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoNz0 View Post
    Only way to stop it is if they know they stand a good chance in getting killed by trying to gain illegal entry.
    Many stand a good chance of dying making their journey here in the first place. Or staying in their own country.

Quote Originally Posted by directhex View Post
    I am hoping this is just the usual the usual angry rethoric against immigrants you see in every country especially when the going gets tough. Rationally it would be pretty messed up individual to kill a human being just because of a perceived threat to one's comfort. I mean, even if we treat each illegal immigrants as a drain to the state, essentially mean robbing the tax payer, when was the last time a robber was sentenced to death in this country?

In my opinion, this really shows that we, humans, are in this together. The world has gotten smaller, and we can't really say "Not our problem" when some nations are experiencing a crisis. If we look the other way, they will try to find their way here, or die trying. If we don't want that, we are going to have to help them. Money, education, etc. Either has a cost, not sure which one is less costly, but the alternatives are morally unappealing to me. And think of it this way. If you were born in a war torn environment where you are constantly fearing for your life, wouldn't you try to escape elsewhere?

Thanks
    • b0redom's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Some iMac thingy
      • CPU:
      • 3.4Ghz Quad Core i7
      • Memory:
      • 24GB
      • Storage:
      • 3TB Fusion Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nViidia GTX 680MX
      • PSU:
      • Some iMac thingy
      • Case:
      • Late 2012 pointlessly thin iMac enclosure
      • Operating System:
      • OSX 10.8 / Win 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2713H
      • Internet:
      • Be+

Surprisingly cogent article from the mirror here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...people-6165167

Thanks

Knoxville

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-tell-why.html

^^ think that says it all.

last time we had an employment session at Tesco , 1200 people applied for 5 jobs. all british. the bar was set as high as possible on the online test , and they still called to group interview(s) 100 of them.

20% has ticked the disabled box so they auto got an interview.

several didn't show up to the interview , but still we had 100 (10 x 10 group interviews) over 2 days

for 5 jobs.

next up we are recruiting 12 positions (at 9 hours flex) so we estimate over 3000 applications this time

OilSheikh

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    Given that many of these migrants come from very tough areas, we should 'in theory' show greater willing letting them come here
    Many of them are from Nigeria and Ghana - the richest countries in central Africa. Forgive me for not being sympathetic towards them

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HalloweenJack View Post
    Knoxville

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-tell-why.html

^^ think that says it all.

last time we had an employment session at Tesco , 1200 people applied for 5 jobs. all british. the bar was set as high as possible on the online test , and they still called to group interview(s) 100 of them.

20% has ticked the disabled box so they auto got an interview.

several didn't show up to the interview , but still we had 100 (10 x 10 group interviews) over 2 days

for 5 jobs.

next up we are recruiting 12 positions (at 9 hours flex) so we estimate over 3000 applications this time

It's hard to believe the UK economy is doing that badly. In the US it's booming, companies are struggling to find enough people to work, in almost every industry.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information