Thread: 24 Hour Tube Postponed :(

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

24 Hour Tube Postponed :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33889205

Sadly the tube running late on weekends has been postponed due to a lack of agreement between the unions and tfl.

I remember once meeting a tourist as I was making my way late back from the office, she was from a small City in Germany, we were talking I decided to show her around a little bit. Two hours later the tube had stopped, she thought I was lying. She was convinced that this couldn't happen in a city the size of London. She gestured to the crowds look at all these people, how will they get home? Sometimes Germans have this inability to comprehend things that are unusual to them. This was almost a decade ago, but I still remember the sheer disbelief that in a tiny city such as hers, the ubahn continues on.

Hopefully some sense will happen and the unions will stop asking for crazy things like staffing level guarantees and pay rises above inflation.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks

Re: 24 Hour Tube Postponed :(

It has always amazed me that the tube stopped running. I guess I just expect a city to be open 24 hours a day.

The one which catches me out every time I visit are stores closing on Sundays by law. There's just no good reason for that.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 24 Hour Tube Postponed :(

They mentioned something about looking into the Sunday trading restrictions in the last budget, but it's gone a bit quiet since. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33421315
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thread Information