14 63.64%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ed Sheeran's tattoo

Thanks

Re: Ed Sheeran's tattoo

His motivation?

According to the Beeb:

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Ed Sheeran says he will commemorate his trio of sold-out shows at Wembley Stadium by having his chest tattooed.
    "Originally I was going to get the floor plan tattooed on my side, but that seemed a bit ridiculous," he told the BBC before his opening night show.
    Instead, he chose a lion, representing the England football team's logo. "It's going to hurt," the singer said.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
    I wasn't sure if you meant why would anyone care what you think, ie me; or the tattooee. Both probably, but I took your point as to uninterest in/dislike of tattoos per se, which is why I mentioned the quality of work element in this case. If you feel you are such the wrong person to ask on a subject - as in asking you about a fashionable item, something you don't like and can't distinguish between - then your opinion probably isn't the one I'm primarily after, and fair enough too. I don't think this is an outstanding bit of work if it were on a piece of paper, so I'd be interested in anyone's opinion as to that, and you could skip the 'judge it in the context of tattoo art' bit. We've all seen bad examples, and regardless of my opinion on them in situ, I can still judge in passing if something looks nothing like Michael Jackson or Elvis, as a piece of work.

As a piece of non-tattoo artwork, well ..... in it's favour, it's probably better than I could do. But then, equip the average 4 year old with a box of wax crayons and they'd probably manage something better than I could do.

Also in it's favour, I guess, is it's at least recognisable as what it's supposed to be. And it's not, I guess, a bad image of a grizzly bear.

Thanks

It doesn't make me think "I want one!", nor does it make me think "What were you thinking??!" (e.g. any of those http://mentalfloss.com/article/20756...think-it-means) , so "Meh" I guess if I was to vote. I have considered tattoos in the past, but now I am glad that I did not bother with them if only because it would restrict my access to hot springs in Japan..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post
    I have considered tattoos in the past, but now I am glad that I did not bother with them if only because it would restrict my access to hot springs in Japan..
    Have just read up on this, and the push to bring about changes acceptability-wise, very interesting. Confirms what I always think, ie there is no topic* too spurious as it will very likely educate you about something, in the course of thread development. Good link also, not really a fan of the 'any old Chinese character/Maori design' school of choosing your inking.

*within reason ofc.
    Aliorum vitia turbaverunt me

Thanks

This video is also pretty funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsdSTY6Y-rs

And there is a site dedicated to misused of Chinese/Japanese characters in tattoos etc.: http://hanzismatter.blogspot.jp

To be fair, I am sure many already know about engrish.com, and I have seen my share living here. But at least I haven't seen people ink it permanently on their (because tattoos are so uncommon).

Thanks

Polls close tomorrow. I'd update this with a comment about Ed and Nicole Scherzinger only certain people might run with it, and frankly I think I've acted as enough of a thanks mule for santa already.
    Aliorum vitia turbaverunt me

7. Received thanks from:

santa claus (22-08-2015)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information