Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Banned from Amazon

Thanks

Re: Banned from Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Galant View Post
    "Assumed" - that one will get you almost every time.

If they've warned you about returns and you kept on returning there's not much you can do. In fact, there might not have been much you could do even if they didn't warn you.
    I think I read that there is an appeal process somewhere, you could try that, not sure how much feasible it is in reality.
    There is so much misfortune in my life right now its become a habit frankly to assume otherwise . Things i used to relie on for yrs to help me have abruptly ended this year narrowing my chances of keeping things balanced or above water...so its like becoming an endagered species

You become an outlaw to survive by the slimmest of chances and by any means or you suffer till your too bad to do anything and require others to survive aka home - at which point you'll wish you were dead any way..

fairplay ?

Death does not give a about ethics or who / what you are all fall under his banner and all suffer and die eventually the one and the same.
    Last edited by g8ina; 15-10-2015 at 09:22 PM.

Young Member
    Thanks
    • shakerist's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Maximus Vİ İMPACT İTX
      • CPU:
      • İ7 4770
      • Memory:
      • 16gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1Tb wd blue, SanDisk 128gb ssd
      • Graphics card(s):
      • r9 270
      • PSU:
      • seasonic 620w
      • Case:
      • Bitfenix Phenom İTX
      • Operating System:
      • windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • samsung p2250
      • Internet:
      • Talk talk 38mbit fibre

One of my colleagues used to buy stuff from amazon, use it for a few weeks then return the items. It didnt take long for him to get banned , im guessing there is a certain threshold you reach before you get banned. I have had a similar experience myself.

But back in March, I had ordered RayBans, a hoodie and a few shirts from ASOS. I never received the items but on the DPD tracking someone had signed for it.... After telling them this, they launched an "investigation"

"We've noticed that you've had problem on your ASOS account regarding missing item. It's very rare for an item to go missing and we can see this has now happened on several occasions.
    ASOS have therefore made the decision to not accept any further orders from you. In the event further orders are placed, they'll automatically be cancelled without notification.
    In order to take this further, we recommend contacting your card issuer to dispute any lost funds. Due to the problems on your account, we're no longer able to issue further refunds to you.
    Your card issuer may be in touch with ASOS and we'll be able to provide previous information regarding your accounts to support their investigations. Once they're happy this is a genuine claim, they may refund your account.
    If you have any further questions, please let me know - I'll be happy to help.

Best wishes,

ASOS Customer Care"

I'd say fair play, had it actually "happened on several occasions" since it is rare for stuff to get lost in the post, ive only had stuff get lost on one ocassion. But I have never actually purchased anything from ASOS in my life and they just left me hanging without my items and £200 odd short. I did phone them up, but after 30 mins didnt really get anywhere they kept me on hold -.- , I had exams so I didnt bother after that.

You can probably make a new Amazon account if you move house and use a different card
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him dominate the world

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shakerist View Post
    One of my colleagues used to buy stuff from amazon, use it for a few weeks then return the items. It didnt take long for him to get banned , im guessing there is a certain threshold you reach before you get banned. I have had a similar experience myself.

But back in March, I had ordered RayBans, a hoodie and a few shirts from ASOS. I never received the items but on the DPD tracking someone had signed for it.... After telling them this, they launched an "investigation"

"We've noticed that you've had problem on your ASOS account regarding missing item. It's very rare for an item to go missing and we can see this has now happened on several occasions.
    ASOS have therefore made the decision to not accept any further orders from you. In the event further orders are placed, they'll automatically be cancelled without notification.
    In order to take this further, we recommend contacting your card issuer to dispute any lost funds. Due to the problems on your account, we're no longer able to issue further refunds to you.
    Your card issuer may be in touch with ASOS and we'll be able to provide previous information regarding your accounts to support their investigations. Once they're happy this is a genuine claim, they may refund your account.
    If you have any further questions, please let me know - I'll be happy to help.

Best wishes,

ASOS Customer Care"

I'd say fair play, had it actually "happened on several occasions" since it is rare for stuff to get lost in the post, ive only had stuff get lost on one ocassion. But I have never actually purchased anything from ASOS in my life and they just left me hanging without my items and £200 odd short. I did phone them up, but after 30 mins didnt really get anywhere they kept me on hold -.- , I had exams so I didnt bother after that.

You can probably make a new Amazon account if you move house and use a different card
    Yes Im in the process of trying to do that or some way to rebuild myself from this years ass kicking .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AHenneUK View Post
    Simply unban yourself lol
    you must know something I don't ..

anyhoot i found 1 e-tailer that looks promising DABS outlet on ebay

Registered+
    Thanks

I know someone who was banned from PC World many many years ago, way before their rebranding.
    He returned too many items, and had a letter sent to his explaining future returns wouldn't be accepted.
    Although to be fair, back then PC World did sell some suspect rubbish.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Stormsys's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus z170-Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 6700k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB CL15 Dominator Platnum @ 2666Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 512GB Samsung 950 Pro (NVMe), 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 4TB Western Digital Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x Gigabyte Nvidia 980 Ti G1 Gaming
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNova 1200W P2 + White Cables
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell P2715Q 4K IPS
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media @ 152Mbps

Awesome! how much did you actually return before you got banned? i tend to return a lot myself but and im getting worried i'm flagging myself up but.

Registered+
    Thanks

Banned from Amazon

You'd have to return quite a bit I think for Amazon to flag you.
    A few years ago I returned a lot of Panasonic microwaves because of lights blowing, doors steaming up etc.
    This was all in the period of 6 months. - I was never called out.

Registered+
    Thanks

I was reading that if you return goods over a certain threshold amazon deem you to be an unprofitable customer and thus ban you.

What amazes me they do not differentiate between return damaged goods or return not wanted goods, i bought goods from amazon a number of times which have been poorly packaged or damaged in sealed retail box, do they expect you to keep them lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Herbtree View Post
    I was reading that if you return goods over a certain threshold amazon deem you to be an unprofitable customer and thus ban you.

What amazes me they do not differentiate between return damaged goods or return not wanted goods, i bought goods from amazon a number of times which have been poorly packaged or damaged in sealed retail box, do they expect you to keep them lol
    If this is the case it's probably a 'business' decision where the cost of identifying and confirming such differences is greater than the loss of custom from just banning them all. For those who have been burned many, many times it's got be frustrating. Then again, how frustrating must it have been shopping at Amazon and constantly getting dodgy goods!

Perhaps what could help would be to contact Amazon in the case of multiple damaged/faulty goods and let them know about the instances and your displeasure. That way you get the details on record and possible put them on the 'customer service' footing instead of the 'non-profitable customer' footing, and that maybe that will help either avoid or deal with such a scenario. Got to be worth a try if you're a frequent Amazon customer but finding repeated issues...?
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Each to his own, but if I repeatedly got poorly packaged or damaged items, such that they had to be returned, I'd have switched supplier.

11. Received thanks from:

neonplanet40 (19-10-2015)

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

tepo... you are THE only person I have ever heard of who got banned.

Please.. I beg you...tel us just how much stuff you HAVE returned?

Even if only for the comedy value.... I mean... how much have you purchased say... this year. And how much returned?

then expand on your history of it.

It will be worth while reading for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

13. Received thanks from:

kalniel (19-10-2015)

Registered+
    Thanks

well i don't really use amazon to much these days, but they do have some great lightning deals and black friday is next month, hard to avoid them completely being the biggest online retailer

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

well i don't really use amazon to much these days, but they do have some great lightning deals and black friday is next month, hard to avoid them completely being the biggest online retailer
    Each to his own, as I said. I dumped my account with them years ago, and am not finding it remotely hard to avoid them. Biggest or not, they're far from the only.

Thanks
    • Lucio's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6350 with Cooler Master Seldon 240
      • Memory:
      • 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Toshiba, 2.5" SSD, 1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX, 500GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • 600W Silverstone Strider SST-ST60F
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF XB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2032BW, 1680 x 1050
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb Plusnet

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    Each to his own, as I said. I dumped my account with them years ago, and am not finding it remotely hard to avoid them. Biggest or not, they're far from the only.
    Best part is, they list the supplier of the item a lot of the time, so you simply have to google said supplier, find their website and order direct.

(\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/)
    (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=)
    (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(")

This is bunny and friends. He is fed up waiting for everyone to help him out, and decided to help himself instead!

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
    Best part is, they list the supplier of the item a lot of the time, so you simply have to google said supplier, find their website and order direct.
    Indeed. Though personally, I use Amazon more as a price reference point than anything. I don't browse Amazon looking for product, but more likely, already know what I want, and hence where to get it, and just price-check on Amazon.

Thanks
    • The Hand's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200mhz (8GBx2)
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Kingston SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Geforce RTX 2060 Super 8GB Dual Series
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520 Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Praetorian
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Sony 32 inch HD TV
      • Internet:
      • 20Mbps Fibre

On console games at least, I notice Game.co.uk have good deals as often as Amazon UK. I personally haven't used Amazon for about 6 months, though I may indulge in the Black Friday deals for early Xmas shopping.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information