Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trumping - a round up of Trump signoffs ...

Thanks
    • g8ina's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z75 Pro3
      • CPU:
      • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3.
      • Storage:
      • 250GB SSD system, 250GB SSD Data + 2TB data, + 8TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon HD 6870
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 22"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100MB unlimited

Trumping - a round up of Trump signoffs ...

For those finding it difficult to keep up - here's a run down of the week so far
    To recap:
    * On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the DOJ’s Violence Against Women programs.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the National Endowment for the Arts.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the National Endowment for the Humanities.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Minority Business Development Agency.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Economic Development Administration.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the International Trade Administration.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Manufacturing Extension Partnership.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Community Oriented Policing Services.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Legal Services Corporation.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Environmental and Natural Resources Division of the DOJ.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Overseas Private Investment Corporation.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Electricity Deliverability and Energy Reliability.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.

* On January 19th, 2017, DT said that he would cut funding for the Office of Fossil Energy.

* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered all regulatory powers of all federal agencies frozen.

* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered the National Parks Service to stop using social media after RTing factual, side by side photos of the crowds for the 2009 and 2017 inaugurations.

* On January 20th, 2017, roughly 230 protestors were arrested in DC and face unprecedented felony riot charges. Among them were legal observers, journalists, and medics.

* On January 20th, 2017, a member of the International Workers of the World was shot in the stomach at an anti-fascist protest in Seattle. He remains in critical condition.

* On January 21st, 2017, DT brought a group of 40 cheerleaders to a meeting with the CIA to cheer for him during a speech that consisted almost entirely of framing himself as the victim of dishonest press.

* On January 21st, 2017, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer held a press conference largely to attack the press for accurately reporting the size of attendance at the inaugural festivities, saying that the inauguration had the largest audience of any in history, “period.”

* On January 22nd, 2017, White House advisor Kellyann Conway defended Spicer’s lies as “alternative facts” on national television news.

* On January 22nd, 2017, DT appeared to blow a kiss to director James Comey during a meeting with the FBI, and then opened his arms in a gesture of strange, paternal affection, before hugging him with a pat on the back.

* On January 23rd, 2017, DT reinstated the global gag order, which defunds international organizations that even mention abortion as a medical option.

* On January 23rd, 2017, Spicer said that the US will not tolerate China’s expansion onto islands in the South China Sea, essentially threatening war with China.

* On January 23rd, 2017, DT repeated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing him the popular vote.

* On January 23rd, 2017, it was announced that the man who shot the anti-fascist protester in Seattle was released without charges, despite turning himself in.

* On January 24th, 2017, Spicer reiterated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing DT the popular vote.

* On January 24th, 2017, DT tweeted a picture from his personal Twitter account of a photo he says depicts the crowd at his inauguration and will hang in the White House press room. The photo is curiously dated January 21st, 2017, the day AFTER the inauguration and the day of the Women’s March, the largest inauguration related protest in history.

* On January 24th, 2017, the EPA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to freeze all grants and contracts.

* On January 24th, 2017, the USDA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to stop publishing any papers or research. All communication with the press would also have to be authorized and vetted by the White House.

* On January 24th, 2017, HR7, a bill that would prohibit federal funding not only to abortion service providers, but to any insurance coverage, including Medicaid, that provides abortion coverage, went to the floor of the House for a vote.

* On January 24th, 2017, Director of the Department of Health and Human Service nominee Tom Price characterized federal guidelines on transgender equality as “absurd.”

* On January 24th, 2017, DT ordered the resumption of construction on the Dakota Access Pipeline, while the North Dakota state congress considers a bill that would legalize hitting and killing protestors with cars if they are on roadways.

* On January 24th, 2017, it was discovered that police officers had used confiscated cell phones to search the emails and messages of the 230 demonstrators now facing felony riot charges for protesting on January 20th, including lawyers and journalists whose email accounts contain privileged information of clients and sources.

And today: the wall and a ban on Muslims entering from a large number of countries and the end to accepting Syrian refugees
    Cheers, David

2. Received thanks from:

Jonj1611 (26-01-2017),Noxvayl (27-01-2017)

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Re: Trumping - a round up of Trump signoffs ...

You think he's purposely trying to kick off global war, or is this all a smokescreen to keep everyone from looking too closely at something else?

Thanks

Interesting thing I heard yesterday about the wall. Apparently Trump's move so far isn't actually new, it's the continuance of legislation created in 2006 prior to Obama's presidency. Obama obviously didn't do anything with it. Trump is now furthering that original legislation.

Additionally, the 'Global Gag rule' or 'Mexico City Policy' is a long standing piece of legislation first brought into being in 1984 with President Reagan and since then as been a game of political back and forth - every Republican President affirms it, every Democrat rescinds it.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks

Something i heard on TV so I'm not sure how accurate it is but it made me chuckle, apparently there's been more Mexicans going home than coming to America recently so if Trump builds his wall he'll end trapping them in America, the walls probably going to end up as a hugh white elephant.

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

he's running the county like he would take over a business

he's a starting with a hatchet job, and then will attract those to bow down to the power, and then start face to facer's with the stronger ones, see their money/hand

I'm not sure the world is ready for the super powers to end diplomacy and start running like a business but he's gonna give it a crack and ruin everything if need be

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Senior Lurker
    Thanks
    • Englander's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i5-6500
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz
      • Storage:
      • SanDisk 128GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 400W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 100R Silent Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2515H
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 38Mb/2Mb

The mind boggles. Can't accuse him of not making the most of his time in power!

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Zak33 View Post
    he's running the county like he would take over a business

he's a starting with a hatchet job, and then will attract those to bow down to the power, and then start face to facer's with the stronger ones, see their money/hand

I'm not sure the world is ready for the super powers to end diplomacy and start running like a business but he's gonna give it a crack and ruin everything if need be
    Be very scared if suddenly a US company starts making advanced public bomb shelters to house a large number of people.
    Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 26-01-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Thanks
    • g8ina's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z75 Pro3
      • CPU:
      • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3.
      • Storage:
      • 250GB SSD system, 250GB SSD Data + 2TB data, + 8TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon HD 6870
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 22"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100MB unlimited

Ever the optomist Cat
    Cheers, David

Thanks

What's the source of the list...

Trump isn't good, but theres a lot of biased reporting, and several things on that list do stand out..

Senior Lurker
    Thanks
    • Englander's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i5-6500
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666MHz
      • Storage:
      • SanDisk 128GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Intel HD 530 Integrated Graphics
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 400W
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 100R Silent Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2515H
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 38Mb/2Mb

Doomsday clock moves 30s closer to midnight - the only time it was closer to midnight was 1953 when the US tested a hydrogen bomb. Down to Trump's rise to power and comments on nuclear weapons 'n' stuff.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-38760792

Thanks
    • opel80uk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte MA770-UD3 revision 2
      • CPU:
      • Phenom II X4 955BE
      • Memory:
      • 4gb PC2-8500
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 1tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI ATI Radeon HD 6950 Twin FrozR II OC 2048MB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX450W 450w
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 10Mb

Quote Originally Posted by Galant View Post
    Additionally, the 'Global Gag rule' or 'Mexico City Policy' is a long standing piece of legislation first brought into being in 1984 with President Reagan and since then as been a game of political back and forth - every Republican President affirms it, every Democrat rescinds it.
    That's not the whole story though, is it? Whilst it is true that the gag rule is a political tennis ball, Trump is the first President to actively expand the policy to include all health organisations rather than as previously being aimed at just family planning organisations. In layman terms, this means that any health organisation that recieves US funding risks having it's entire aid cut if they discuss abortion, even if that part is a small percentage of it's overall work in the field. It is disingenuous to portray that as just simply another rally in the Dem/Rep game on this policy.

13. Received thanks from:

directhex (27-01-2017),Noxvayl (27-01-2017)

Thanks

Disingenuous? Nope. I was just trying to give context. I'm no fan of Trump but I'm never a fan of crappy media coverage, especially social media 'coverage', of important issues (not talking about the OP here, by the way - for whom I have much respect as a balanced and considerate poster and Mod). You're right that my post wasn't the whole story. I don't even know the whole story. I'm learning about all this on the fly as stories are released.

I was just trying to provide a little extra information as far as I had it.

Incidentally, it looks like no one has the whole story yet since all we have is a memo and no actual legislation. Here's a Washington Post exploration of the issue that reserves judgement on Trump's version of the policy because it doesn't exist yet.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtm...tion-abortion/
    Last edited by Galant; 27-01-2017 at 04:07 PM.

15. Received thanks from:

Noxvayl (27-01-2017)

Thanks
    • Noxvayl's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigabyteZ87X-UD4H-CF
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengaence LPX + 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Snadisk + 256GB Crucial SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB Sapphire R9 380
      • PSU:
      • ENermax Platimax 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • ATMT + Dell 1024x1280
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre

Cheers for the summary... been a very interesting week. Think I'm going to apply for some american manufacturing jobs when Uni is done.

I really hope the world is ready for Countries as Companies. I doubt DT could make things so much worse we can't recover from it, but it is nice to see someone doing what they say, even if it is crazy.

If nothing else this will bring the scientific method to bare on a political system that is in dire need of something new... When he fails, no let's be optimistic: IF DT fails then we'll have learnt something; even if he doesn't fail the next decade, or century, could be much more dramatic than our wildest predictions could foresee...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Galant View Post
    ...Trump's version of the policy because it doesn't exist yet.
    I think that goes for most of his policies so far, or at least most of the executive orders he's been signing, someone summed it up nicely for me when they said it's like a kid writing out a Christmas list, while he may want the things on the list if his parents (congress) refuse to pay for them they'll remain wishes.

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Thanks
    • badass's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77-m pro
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 850 EVO, 2TB WD Green
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon RX 580
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG02-F
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 X64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Del U2311, LG226WTQ
      • Internet:
      • 80/20 FTTC

Interesting thought:

Either Trump has Narcissistic personality disorder or he scores extremely high on the Narcissistic spectrum.

Any group that wants rid of him needs to realise this and take advantage. He will react predictably to a variety of situations and cannot help reacting the way he does. Just look at his reactions to any criticism. Look at how he has behaved about his inauguration crowd.

Any one that's against him and he has to listen to can do this. Make sure he hears the criticism and overreacts. Do not attempt to justify his behaviour at all. Do not attempt to modify his behaviour. He is not capable of it.

It's important to note that although a personality disorder might be within the mind, it can not be used to plead insanity in a criminal trial. This is why they are personality disorders and not mental disorders. The difference is between taking advantage of someone who's a rather than someone who is mentally unfit.
    "In a perfect world... spammers would get caught, go to jail, and share a cell with many men who have enlarged their penises, taken Viagra and are looking for a new relationship."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information