Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final frontier for latest 'Star Trek'

Registered+
    Thanks

Final frontier for latest 'Star Trek'

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050202/325/fbnhc.html

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "Star Trek: Enterprise," the latest incarnation of one of the most storied franchises in televised science-fiction history, will end its four-season run in May, broadcaster UPN says
    since its ending early - is this it for the star trek franchise?

Thanks
    • jimborae's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 9700K@4.7Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Team Group DDR-3000 32Gig
      • Storage:
      • 1x Samsung 870 Evo 500Gb SSD, 1 x WD Red 4TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT watercooled
      • PSU:
      • XFX 850W Black Edition
      • Case:
      • Phantek Enthoo Prime
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 xDell 24"
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet 70Mb
    Boohoo no more Jolene Blalock

I love the series though, whats wrong with the TV execs, cancelling this and Battlestar Gallactica's future is no where near certain. Cretins the lot of them

Thanks
    Tbh when Gene died the whole thing got taken to the limits, they should of done TNG, then left it a few years, then DS9, then a few years, then Voyager, then a few years, as it was they strangled it for all it could get, they've done too many stories and shot themselves in the foot for doing anything long term again, if there lucky they mite get away with 1 maybe 2 more TNG movies, DS9 has no movie potential and neither does Voyager, they could maybe do an Enterprise one but IMHO Trek has past its sell by date...

Thanks
    I really doubt there's going to be another TNG movie. Pretty much the whole cast etc said that Nemesis was the last one for definite.

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    nemesis could have been so good, but they chose a crumby unconvincing actor as the evil-dude and so it didn't live up to much. Awesome begining...had high hopes after that, saddly not lived up to them. First Contact still the best.
    Powered by Marmite and Wet Dog
    Light Over Water Photography

Banned
    Thanks
    The Next Gen was the peak of the whole lot really, everything else is a bit poo.

The original was a bit cheesy and slow, TNG was and is brilliant, then the random, generic sci-fi shows that had 'Star Trek' added to the title to generate interest like DS9 and Voyager were not a patch on TNG. Enterprise isn't exactly must see either, is it?

The Next Generation > All.

Thanks
    Out of all the films I'd say undiscovered country was about my fave tbh...
    As for the TNG ones, I dunno...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shiato storm
    First Contact still the best.
    Dam right. Great film, really enjoyed it.
    Enterprise i just couldnt get into. TNG was the best series ever made, few cheesy ones in there, but overall, very good.
    Having said that, i never really got into DS9 either, just couldnt get into all the religion related material they wanted to bring in. Enjoyed some of the Voyagers, but a few did drag on (although ive been wanting to see "year of hell" for ages as i missed it, time to rent the boxset i think).

TNG will take some beating....
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    TNG; I just liked the crew, thought they worked very well together. picard, riker, data...the whole lot of them had their quirks and amusments that just kept it all going. saddly, how ever much they tried, the other series always left a hollow feeling after watching. They even got worf on ds9 to pick it up a bit, and some pretty cool space battles - but even then they happened right at the end of the series its sort of bizaare why they didn't try something like that earlier.
    voyager, ok - reasonably interesting some of the time, characters developed quite well for a time, then weirdness kicks in and it finishes. and a woman captain...no, that'll never work.
    enterprise, again takes up 45mins of my life without much problems (i like the title music) but this futuristic chap that was with them then buggered off leaving stuff in his cabin - eh? what, why?...and they stopped showing on uk tv, leaving it on a 'to be continued' end of series thing. pants.

...mind you is it me or are they trying to get hotties just to get ratings? seven of nine (yum) and that t'pol, i find it particularly amussing when they have to 'decontaminate' in that sweat-box on enterprise :smutty grin:
    Powered by Marmite and Wet Dog
    Light Over Water Photography

Thanks
    p.s. anyone else noticed how actors have been in all the series so far? that guy who is weyoun (Jeffrey Combs) the bad guy in DS9, is also one of those blue things in enterprise with twiddly head antenae (andorians?) and Im sure he's been in the others too. so is the guy who plays the shape-shifter Odo, he's a general(?)/high ranking starfleet officer in startrek4, or one of those earlier Kirk ones.
    they like to keep their actors don't they...