Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So did you see the Google AI assistant demo?!

Thanks

Re: So did you see the Google AI assistant demo?!

I think a Tech Forum should have an AI member. With all the forum knowledge, internet connection and language skills it would be interesting to see what it's responses were, also at the speeds these systems can learn and adapt, I think it would be an experiment. May help in the development of AI.

I saw a relatively crappy film the other day about downloading a dying woman's consciousness into a digital brain. The biggest opponents were the church. I hadn't thought about that angle and I wonder what they think of AI. Religious groups may be the biggest problem.

But I think the big tech companies are implementing it subtly letting people adjust, soon there will be an interconnected AI network orchestrating our lives. Leisure as an ethic will have to be taught.

Thanks
    • Output's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte AORUS Master X570
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 Kingston Fury Renegade @ 3600MHz CL16
      • Storage:
      • Sandisk Ultra 3D 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800 XT
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3
      • Case:
      • bequiet Dark Base Pro 900 Rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by johnroe View Post
    I saw a relatively crappy film the other day about downloading a dying woman's consciousness into a digital brain. The biggest opponents were the church. I hadn't thought about that angle and I wonder what they think of AI. Religious groups may be the biggest problem.
    I'd guess from there you could open up a whole new can of worms on what constitutes life and whether turning off/deleting an AI would then be considered murder.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Output View Post
    I'd guess from there you could open up a whole new can of worms on what constitutes life and whether turning off/deleting an AI would then be considered murder.
    It's strange because there is a lot of talk about rights, but I've long thought all mammals should have rights to protect themselves from extinction.

It's also inevitable that there will be questions about ethics and rights. But AI as an all knowing system is inevitable, and linked to cctv face recognition AI software, every aspect or our lives will be 'enhanced'. Also like in China, the UK also has a large percentage of faces on it's data base(over 20 million) and an extensive cctv network unlike many other countries employ.

But I wonder if there will be any separate AI entities. In that film she's shocked to find out she doesn't have any rights, and then guess what, a corporation wants to mass produce as a 'companion' doll. She deletes herself.

Thanks

Oh God if this google duplex learns how to tell people how to turn it off and back on again i'll be out a job!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information