Thread: any hexus member show know

Thanks

Smile any hexus member should know

which hexus member recently said they would ditch the whole 'buy the best pc components merely to show off' thing and is now focusing on getting i think it was an imac mini or a barebones system

i need to know because i need to send him a quick PM about this topic

so if anyone knows who it was (i cant remember) or the guy who it was reads this please please reply with an answer

thanks very muich

Pete
    Last edited by Pirate Pete; 25-02-2005 at 11:31 PM.

Thanks
    Hah, funny you say that 'cause i'd love to ditch all my hardware and just get a mac mini with a TFT etc but i need windows for a lot of my work and i don't think you can do a windows install on macs (well there is that dodgy slow windows port i've played with). Perhaps in the future they'll make a PC as small as that and then i'd go for it

Thanks
    theres always small form factor?

im considering going into small form myself which is why i need to ask this guy a few questions

hes a bit of a player on hexus i think, admin mabye dunno but hes around often i just cant find the post he announced it in

also kezzer aint seen you in portsmouth? how you enjoying it?

Pete

Thanks
    Yeh portsmouth is pretty awesome. I found out not to go in McD's the other day though, it's like chav central. And walking past social security is quite dodgy too

Yeh i was considering going SFF but it's dependant on how much moolah i earn in the summer. I might just stick with a main system, plus, if i want to upgrade now all i need to get is a new CPU, motherboard and graphics card as the rest of my kit is decent

Thanks
    It was Vaul I think?

Thanks
    Vaul? righto well ill PM him and see what he says, thanks rave

lol kezzer the whole of portsmouth is chav central at the moment, gunwharf is the only place i ever go and even when i do its only to watch a film, i just have to get out of that place as fast as possible every time i go, it just depresses me

Pete

ps the title of this thread wont edit! show know?! wtf? its menna say should? oh well......
    Last edited by Pirate Pete; 25-02-2005 at 11:32 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    It was indeed me.

All done.

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    go over the otherside to gosport and its a bit nicer...well, sort of. its all a bit chavy down there isn't it...?
    i worked over at the INM down there for a 6 week research project I did - but stayed in one of the uni halls over the portsmoth side. the halls were interesting, in fact it took the piss a little. The hall is run by a really nice clean and brightly lit hotel type entrance that looks out to the hovercraft/fiargroud place - you go in and as for your keys/key card and get told that its the building behind...so you go all the way round the back to something rather dingey shabby compared to the nice hotel type entrance. i first thought they were taking the piss, but no. its all proped up on stilts (parking underneath) and grey. the rooms you could touch all four walls at once, and the bed is so tiny (short AND thin) I called it a contraception bed...i think i slept on the floor most of the time cause it was wider, lol!
    anyway each day i would get up and cycle to the ferry port, and then cycle to the namal medical place in time for work at 8.30am...it was that summer that was REALLY hot too so it was all good nice down tehre, never really got to go out and sample the nightlife but I gathered it was a bit chavy from wandering the shopping street a couple of times. southsea gets a bit funky if you head east but still quite nice along the sea-front...