Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: What would "No Deal" mean for you?

Thanks

Re: What would "No Deal" mean for you?

Quote Originally Posted by TeePee View Post
    As I have explained, my reason for leaving was an increasingly restrictive regulatory culture that has increased the cost of training. The same reason thousands of Europeans go to the US, Canada and Australia for flight training. I've cited a specific, and easy to understand rule as an example. A change that originated from EU rules, which overrode British rules which I'd cited back in 2005. You either don't understand, or far more likely, just don't want to.

This is why remoaner is used. Most people recognize that there are positives and negatives to the EU, and that some people would benefit, and some not. There are some who hate everything European, and then there are a large number of Remoaners, who refuse to accept Europe has a single fault. It's an obsession that exists almost exclusively on the internet. It's similar to the MAGA defense of Trump, or the chants of 'Thanks Obama'. They aren't ignorant people. They just don't want to accept any kind of disagreement.
    From what i can tell you've started using derogatory terms because you can't name a single oppressive EU regulation that stifled the career path you wanted to follow, surely it can't be that hard as i assume an increasingly restrictive regulatory culture would mean there's hundreds or even thousands of regulation to choose from.

This has nothing to do with the way i voted, it has nothing to do with positives and negatives of the EU, nothing to do with some people benefiting and some not, nothing to do with hate, faults, obsessions, Trump, Obama, ignorance, or acceptance. It's simply asking someone who claimed they left the UK because oppressive EU regulation stifled the career path they wanted to follow to actually name one, just a single one, of those oppressive EU regulations.

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

It's sad that valid arguments on both sides become suppressed by loud screams of 'how dare you disagree'! Again, the same attitudes are common in US politics, where every Trump voter is called a White Supremacist and Nazi, irregardless of their reasons why.
    Agreed, but a certain pres surely can't complain when he first adopted, and repeats, that line of "debating".

Ah the days when all we had to worry about were "bushisms" like the one above^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ik9000 View Post
    I don't want to wade into a bun fight, but wasn't the tigthening on EU airspace rules to do with a couple of notorious African and SE Asian "airlines" with non-existent safety and maintenance records ie to stop them being able to fly over the EU and risk having them drop out the sky on us? It's no bad thing to make sure everyone is properly qualified and the planes they're flying fit-for-purpose.
    This is a separate issue. The US also restricts specific airlines from operating in their airspace, based on Operating Certificate and training standards that applied to certain commercial opperation. The issue with flight crew licensing was a complete replacement of British rules with a standardized set of European rules which are significantly more restrictive than the rest of the world.
    Every country (outside the EU) has their own method of determining how their aircraft and airspace are used subject to international treaties.
    One easy part of the Brexit plan was ensuring that Britain will continue to comply with international aviation agreements. Something very important since Air Traffic Control for the North Atlantic Tracks is based in Prestwick.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ik9000 View Post
    Agreed, but a certain pres surely can't complain when he first adopted, and repeats, that line of "debating".

Ah the days when all we had to worry about were "bushisms" like the one above^
    I'm not sure a President that can't even successfully pay off a prostitute can complain about anything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corky34 View Post
    From what i can tell you've started using derogatory terms because you can't name a single oppressive EU regulation that stifled the career path you wanted to follow, surely it can't be that hard as i assume an increasingly restrictive regulatory culture would mean there's hundreds or even thousands of regulation to choose from.

This has nothing to do with the way i voted, it has nothing to do with positives and negatives of the EU, nothing to do with some people benefiting and some not, nothing to do with hate, faults, obsessions, Trump, Obama, ignorance, or acceptance. It's simply asking someone who claimed they left the UK because oppressive EU regulation stifled the career path they wanted to follow to actually name one, just a single one, of those oppressive EU regulations.
    Dammit, you're right! I've wasted the last decade and tens of thousands of pounds because some remoaner on the internet said so!

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Maybe the term 'Remoaner' is used too widely. I'd certainly agree that there are many valid complaints about the whole process of leaving, and certainly the way the Conservative Government has approached negotiations.
    Nah, I don't think most of them care enough to be properly offended, now, anyway.
    Most of the moans seem to be based on people jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire, depending on which newspaper told them to... which it certainly appears to be in many cases.

It's sad that valid arguments on both sides become suppressed by loud screams of 'how dare you disagree'!
    I can't say I really heard valid arguments from anyone on the matter... it was mostly statements of particular party policies, half-shouted over the similar stating of policies from all the other parties, occasionally interspersed with someone asking something that never actually got answered, even indirectly.... so pretty much a normal episode of Question Time, really!!

Thanks

Dammit, you're right! I've wasted the last decade and tens of thousands of pounds because some remoaner on the internet said so!
    What does being right have to do with anything, I'm simply asking you a question. I'm asking you to name a single oppressive EU regulation that stifled the career path you wanted to follow, i don't get why you're finding it so hard to name a single solitary one.

Thanks

What does being right have to do with anything, I'm simply asking you a question. I'm asking you to name a single oppressive EU regulation that stifled the career path you wanted to follow, i don't get why you're finding it so hard to name a single solitary one.
    JAR-FCL. It's been replaced with EASA-FCL.

Thanks

Those are not regulations, they're agencies, authorities, and licenses.

Thanks

Those are not regulations, they're agencies, authorities, and licenses.
    You probably need 2018/1139 to understand it!

Thanks

There, that wasn't so hard was it? Perhaps next time you may want to start with that.

Although how common rules in the field of civil aviation and establishing a European Union Aviation Safety Agency stifled you're career path back in 2005 when this regulation only came into effect six months ago is anyones guess, perhaps it's best not to go down that road as trying to get you to answer anything is like pulling teeth.

Thanks

There, that wasn't so hard was it? Perhaps next time you may want to start with that.

Although how common rules in the field of civil aviation and establishing a European Union Aviation Safety Agency stifled you're career path back in 2005 when this regulation only came into effect six months ago is anyones guess, perhaps it's best not to go down that road as trying to get you to answer anything is like pulling teeth.
    They didn't. I answered the question when asked. Now that I've provided the current regulations, you could at least have the courtesy to read them. All of them.

Thanks

So when i asked you to name a single oppressive EU regulation that stifled the career path you wanted to follow you decided to answer with a regulation that did not stifle the career path you wanted to follow, that's not answering the question that's grasping at straws because you can't backup your claim and your pride is preventing you from admitting you made a mistake.

Thanks

So when i asked you to name a single oppressive EU regulation that stifled the career path you wanted to follow you decided to answer with a regulation that did not stifle the career path you wanted to follow, that's not answering the question that's grasping at straws because you can't backup your claim and your pride is preventing you from admitting you made a mistake.
    I didn't claim a regulation had stifled my career path, I claimed a regulatory culture did, and provided an easy to understand example of that culture. Remoaners gotta remoan.

Thanks
    • adidan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar Max
      • CPU:
      • R5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32Gb 3200Mhz Crucial Ballistix Sport
      • Storage:
      • Corsair MP510 m.2 480Gb / 2xCrucial M500 1Tb0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX1080 Mini
      • PSU:
      • 750W EVGA G3
      • Case:
      • CM NR400 Noctua Redux filled
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1440p Iiyama XUB2792QSU

People often throw about vague reasons for leaving and often throw in a childish insult to boot.

The EU hasn't been the cause of everyones problems, Government after Government have liked this myth to persist when it's been them where the buck truly stopped.

Me? Well having an EU partner makes things more real.

I don't care how often people throw about vague concepts of 'control' or whatever, i've not heard anything but opinion for people wanting to leave, not actual reasons based on facts.

So yeah, i ain't remoaning, it could possibly affect us personally in a real day to day manner and i'm never apologising for being against that.
    Grab that. Get that. Check it out. Bring that here. Grab anything useful. Take anything good.

16. Received thanks from:

Corky34 (18-12-2018)

Thanks
    • matts-uk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Apple iMac
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 3.4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 12GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • RAID5 on the twin Xeon server I keep in the airing cupboard
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 7970M
      • Case:
      • A lurvely slimline, all in one aluminium number.
      • Operating System:
      • OSX, Centos, Windows.
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" LED (Apple), 24" LED (Apple), 2 x 20" TFT Dell
      • Internet:
      • ADSL rubbish

So when i asked you to name a single oppressive EU regulation that stifled the career path you wanted to follow...
    Was it you who was lecturing on fallacies recently?
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Just_asking_questions

Do you have any experience in the field (of commercial aviation training)? To my mind, without such experience you would lack the the requisite qualification to trvialise the response.

...you decided to answer with a regulation that did not stifle the career path you wanted to follow, that's not answering the question that's grasping at straws because you can't backup your claim and your pride is preventing you from admitting you made a mistake.
    I understood the answer suggested a succesession of smaller, incremental changes had combined to create an opressive regulatory regime. If that is the case, and it is a regular complaint against EU regulation, your question would be disengenuos. Death by a thousand cuts is not less fatal.

18. Received thanks from:

Ttaskmaster (18-12-2018)

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread Information