• Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

Re: Gun nut question

my Pic mounts arrived yesterday and are now wrapped around my Hawke Ecplise and clamped to the rail on my new air rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Long member
    Thanks
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    Oh, wait, lemme guess - The .44 has such a long barrel it's technically more of a rifle?
    The way I read the laws, it sounds like anything that's actually a pistol by most interpretations is banned in anything above .22.

Probably a good thing, as the list of stuff I'd want in my collection is hideously long!

I've known far too many Tacticool types... Long as you don't take it too seriously, I should manage to keep my sarcasm in check!
    When it comes to guns, I prefer traditional rifles. Just put my name on an Anschutz 1710.

The pistol thing is pretty much that. You can have a revolver which is muzzle loading, a revolver which uses cartridges but has a long barrel and a long stick coming out of the handle (doesn't get in the way and can be made useful if you want). Semi auto magazine fed is restricted to .22 with the long barrel and the funny stick. If you search gun trader for long barreled pistols you'll see what is available.

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

So my dream of putting a Police Wing on my gun museum, to house things like a Colt Detective snubnose, a .44 Magnum Model 29 and a variety of classic cop-issue .38 Special revolvers is never gonna happen...?

mmh
    Thanks

To the OP.

As has been mentioned, scope mounts are separate to the scope itself, and you buy the type of mounts appropriate to the size of scope tube, your attachment rail and the height you need to mount your scope so the objective lens does not foul the barrel or rail.

I had one of these HK416 in .22lr, I ended up selling it as I didn't like how thin the actual barrel was and it grouped at around a 50p piece size at 25 yards, which is not good enough for accuracy.

I shoot bolt action Anschutz rifles for absolute accuracy and have a 2213 for Prone rifle shooting (Adjustible stock), and a 1984 Olympic model 1813 supermatch which I have put a Bushnell Elite scope on that I shoot competitively with in NSRA style Benchrest Leagues (such as the Hendon League : https://www.hendonrifleclub.org/index.html )

For the "Black Rifle" Military-styled rifle I have a long awaited for Lantac LA-SF and I just bought my wife a S&W M&P 15/22, so she can get into Practical shooting and Speed Steels alongside me. These rifles will never be as accurate as the bolt action rifles, but they are a lot of fun to shoot.

Both these rifles run Red dot sights, on my Lantac I also have a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x scope with the red dot canted.

To suggest something suitable really requires knowing what you wish to do with the HK. A 32x fixed benchrest scope would be useless at anything other than benchrest, but on that particular rifle, you'd be better off counting hairs on your head. Likewise a 1x red dot would be no good for all out accuracy at 25 yards if you're shooting on 10-spot targets. What are your goals for the rifle, what do you wish to persue?
    : RFNX Ste | : stegough | www.stegough.com

mmh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    So my dream of putting a Police Wing on my gun museum, to house things like a Colt Detective snubnose, a .44 Magnum Model 29 and a variety of classic cop-issue .38 Special revolvers is never gonna happen...?
    If it's a genuine museum you could apply for Section 5, and your dreams could be in the realms of possibility. If it's a museum of your own personal collection, then unfortunately not....
    : RFNX Ste | : stegough | www.stegough.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information