Thread: Furlough schenanigans

Thanks

Furlough schenanigans

I could use some advice on furlough. My employer has put incorrect dates for furlough in a very late letter for me to sign. My furlough pay is also incorrect. I can not sign the letter as it is. Would it be correct to amend the dates and sign or would my amendments hold no weight?
    Last edited by kramd; 23-06-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Furlough schenanigans

I would definately contact Citizens advice: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/wo...-furlough-pay/
    Nasty situation for you, hope you get it resolved soon.

Banned
    Thanks

This isn't a legal forum and I doubt anyone here could give you the right advice. I would recommend making a post on the subreddit /legaladviceuk

Banned
    Thanks

What have you been up to in your time on furlough? Crazy how every industry has experienced extreme changes as a result of COVID-19.

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

is it back dating furlough to hit the 10th June cut-off? Naughty naughty!

Thanks

I think you should amend it and send it for reconsideration. That ought to solve the problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kramd View Post
    I could use some advice on furlough. My employer has put incorrect dates for furlough in a very late letter for me to sign. My furlough pay is also incorrect. I can not sign the letter as it is. Would it be correct to amend the dates and sign or would my amendments hold no weight?
    Are the incorrect dates incorrect by cockup, or by .... deliberate act?

If cockup, l'd probably amend the dates, sign it and KEEP A COPY, if it were me. But I can't advise you on what to do, beyond suggesting that if you're really worried, your best bet by a large margin is going to be a brief chat with a lawyer soecialusing in employment law.

Naturally, that costs money ..... usually.

Several radio stations, including LBC, regularly have such lawyers as guests during advice phone-ins. Often, it's about 9pm, but I've no idea shrn the next one is, but recently, i'd guess at at least once per week.
    A lesson learned from PeterB about dignity in adversity, so Peter, In Memorium, "Onwards and Upwards".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DK2019 View Post
    This isn't a legal forum and I doubt anyone here could give you the right advice. I would recommend making a post on the subreddit /legaladviceuk
    As a former admin here, I'd bet my left gonad there's a member or two here that could give the right advice. We have a very wide range, from doctors, dentists and several flavours of lawyers, to architects, engineers airline pilots.

Some don't mind publicly acknowledging that, but others for entirely rational reasons, don't. And that's just those I know about, usually in confidence. I'd bet there's quite a few I don't know of.

The issue isn't if they could, but if they will. Doing so could cause problems, especially without proper conxultation.

The OP MIGHT, if the right people see this, get a PM though.
    A lesson learned from PeterB about dignity in adversity, so Peter, In Memorium, "Onwards and Upwards".

Thanks

Surely, the first step is a polite conversation with the boss or the person in charge of pay.
    If my pay was out, i could have a conversation with directors/managers and it would get resolved amicably.
    Not everyone has a boss that would listen, but that's certianly the first step.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen999 View Post
    As a former admin here, I'd bet my left gonad there's a member or two here that could give the right advice. We have a very wide range, from doctors, dentists and several flavours of lawyers, to architects, engineers airline pilots.

Some don't mind publicly acknowledging that, but others for entirely rational reasons, don't. And that's just those I know about, usually in confidence. I'd bet there's quite a few I don't know of.

The issue isn't if they could, but if they will. Doing so could cause problems, especially without proper conxultation.

The OP MIGHT, if the right people see this, get a PM though.
    Fair enough but anyone can claim to be anyone online and getting advice here from randoms isn't going to do op any favours. Shouldn't the advice here be to go where he's most likely to get proper advice?

I feel like s000m's advice next to mine were the right call imho.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Ive decided I want to see what they say and get their explaination before anything else.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DK2019 View Post
    Fair enough but anyone can claim to be anyone online and getting advice here from randoms isn't going to do op any favours. Shouldn't the advice here be to go where he's most likely to get proper advice?

I feel like s000m's advice next to mine were the right call imho.
    Anyone can make claims. Some can be backed up, but unless you know which are which .... My point wasn't that he should rely on advice here. Simply that there are those that could back it up if they wanted. They're here, just not wanting it to be public.

The best legal advice will nearly always come from suitable lawyers, IF it's got to that point. And if enough money is involved to justify it. But I entirely agree that random people on a forum, especially a tech forum, no matter what they claim, is a good place for legal advice.

Put it this way. If I wanted a discussion I might raise it here. If I actually need legal acvice or help, I use a solicitor .... and a decent one, with some relevant subject expertise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kramd View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Ive decided I want to see what they say and get their explaination before anything else.
    Very good move. It's no bad thing to know where you stand before doing so but that should always be step 1.

Thread Information