Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCLonline / Box.co.uk?

Thanks

CCLonline / Box.co.uk?

I've not used them for years and i'm starting to see lots of negative reviews where people are saying they are being ignored?
    Last edited by Ice Tea; 26-01-2024 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks
    • cptwhite_uk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450i Gaming plus Wifi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb DRR4 Trident Z 3200 C16
      • Storage:
      • Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1Tb NVME SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 6800 16Gb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair SF600 Gold
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 v6
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF (2560x1440 144Hz Nano IPS)
      • Internet:
      • Bt 500 Mbps

Re: Anyone still using CCLonline?

I've used them as recently as last year without any issues, just stuff like cases and various parts, but I've not had any issues. Delivery when using free shipping was typically about 4 to 5 working days from memory.

3. Received thanks from:

Ice Tea (31-01-2023)

Thanks
    • AGTDenton's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5950x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair something or the other
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB nvme, 1x 2TB nvme, 2x 8TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS 3080 Ti TuF
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM850x
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Torrent White
      • Operating System:
      • 11 Pro x64
      • Internet:
      • Fibre

Bought a few things over the last few years. No issue with delivery.
    About 2017/18 I had an issue with a CPU and they replaced under warranty. I found it refreshing to talk technical with someone and not AI or some text chat. Of course that was 5/6 years ago already and all the items bought recently haven't required any after sales support.

What are you buying and where are you seeing the negative reviews?

5. Received thanks from:

Ice Tea (31-01-2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AGTDenton View Post
    What are you buying and where are you seeing the negative reviews?
    I sent them a couple of messages a month ago to update my account info (as i'm doing with all my online accounts such as enabling 2FA) and never received a reply which i found odd as they used to reply with 20mins or less.

Googled reviews a few times to see if anyone else is having problems.

Example:

https://www.reviews.io/company-revie.../ccl-computers

Terrible customer service. No one answers service tickets. Returned an item via rejecting the delivery, so it went straight back to them the very next day. Been a week now and still no refund issued. Not even showing up as returned yet!? Avoid at all cost
    Their customer service department rarely answers calls. They might put you on an answering machine after waiting for 30 minutes or drop the line totally after 3. They never answer emails. Their live chat answers but have no authorisation to do anything and they refer you to emails or telephone cs.

7. Received thanks from:

AGTDenton (31-01-2023)

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Used them roughly a year ago, were good then.

9. Received thanks from:

Ice Tea (31-01-2023)

Thanks
    • Nelly.'s system
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 7600
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 2x16GB 5600C36
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 750 PSU
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Win 11 Pro / Linux
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT
      • Internet:
      • 70GB Broadband

Should be fine, as long as don't cancel order within 14 days of purchase, they will charge 20% restocking fee.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Nelly. View Post
    Should be fine, as long as don't cancel order within 14 days of purchase, they will charge 20% restocking fee.
    They won't if you return goods without excessive handling that reduces the value of the product.

Thanks

Can't say I've ever used them. Recently, mostly, it's been Amazon. Yeah, I know, but the fact is, on the few occasions I've had an issue, it's been sorted promptly and with pretty much zero resistance or issues. Despite kinda hating myself for it, they're (so far) my minimum-hassle supplier, on everything from a £7 book (empty box delivered) to a (nearly) £2k coffee machine.

Other than that, I used OcUK a fair bit, not least because I used to spend a fair bit of time visiting a client about 3 miles away, which made buying online (for consumer protection) but popping in when needed, convenient. Also, a bit, Scan but not, if memory serves, recently.

Finally, there's my local independent PC shop (not a big chain), and having dealt with them for <umphh mumble> years (about 30) they've been consistenty good on service, and pretty much match OcUK/Scan on prices .... not sure how they managed that, presumably, cutting margins to the bone for a very long-term customer. As they're 5 mins from my door, it's hugely convenient both buying there and, when (rarely) needed, taking things back. That 'decent price but minimum hassle' ethos is one I value and will pay a premium for, up to a point.

Given those options, I've rarely felt the need to go elsewhere, and when I have, it's usually something very specific which I can't get elsewhere, llike going direct to Prusa if/when I finally bite the bullet on a 3D printer.
    A lesson learned from PeterB about dignity in adversity, so Peter, In Memorium, "Onwards and Upwards".

Thanks
    • AGTDenton's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5950x
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS 3080 Ti TuF
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM850x
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • 11 Pro x64
      • Internet:
      • Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Tea View Post
    I sent them a couple of messages a month ago to update my account info (as i'm doing with all my online accounts such as enabling 2FA) and never received a reply which i found odd as they used to reply with 20mins or less.

Googled reviews a few times to see if anyone else is having problems.

Example:

https://www.reviews.io/company-revie.../ccl-computers
    Thanks, so I discovered CCL were bought in 2021 by Tactus group. They also own Box.
    I suspect there's been layoffs, redundancies, restructuring etc... So they are no longer the same company that I got after sales support from.
    A huge shame to read this. They were becoming my go-to.
    I have to sadly report I had a bad experience with Box in September/October. They sent me a hard drive with absolutely no packaging and blamed me for the damage.
    I have stopped dealing with them and now looking like that will be the case with CCL

14. Received thanks from:

Ice Tea (01-02-2023),ik9000 (18-02-2023),kalniel (31-01-2023),Saracen999 (01-02-2023)

Thanks
    • DanceswithUnix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X470-PRO
      • CPU:
      • 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200MHz ECC
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Linux, 2TB Games (Win 10)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix RX Vega 56
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair TX
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Fedora 39 + Win 10 Pro 64 (yuk)
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq XL2730Z 1440p + Iiyama 27" 1440p
      • Internet:
      • Zen 900Mb/900Mb (CityFibre FttP)

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen999 View Post
    ..., like going direct to Prusa if/when I finally bite the bullet on a 3D printer.
    What to buy decisions never get easier though do they

https://bambulab.com/en/p1

Hopefully Prusa will respond to that, the MK3S+ is getting on a bit now and it's easy for established companies to get in a rut.

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

CCL were one of the first to scalp inflate retail prices during the 2020-2021 GPU mining cack fest. There was also a weird correlation between currys/amazon selling out at rrp and CCL listing things for £200 more shortly after, which many on the discord servers found... suspicious.

Personally I wouldn't use them for that reason, but they are a legit seller in terms of warranty etc, not like some random ebay site. I haven't used them so don't know about their returns etc. I can say I wouldn't touch ebuyer for their returns hassle. Nothing but problems there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanceswithUnix View Post
    What to buy decisions never get easier though do they

You'd noticed? I've only been pondering this for a year or so, so it's early days yet.

Nearly bought one (Mini +) before Christmas but RL interfered.

Quote Originally Posted by DanceswithUnix View Post

Hopefully Prusa will respond to that, the MK3S+ is getting on a bit now and it's easy for established companies to get in a rut.
    Well, true .... but, I'd suggest a slightly different market to Bambulabs.

The Mk3S+ is looking like it could do with a 'refresh'. It's one of my reservations with it, though I came VERY close to succumbing in the pre-Christmas deal. But when I think about it, what would I really want refreshed? 32-bit board? Maybe, but that existing board, and software, is pretty bullet-proof. What would a change enable?

Colour Mini-type screen? Well nice, yeah, but necessary? Not really. Does it enable much that I'd really need? Not that I can see.

My main issue with Bambulabs is .... nervousness. They're too new for my taste, and I mean the whole operation not just the hardware. But, yeah, looks like tasty kit.

I think my biggest reservation would be, well .... one of my favourite Youtubers, Thomas Sanladerer said, and I'm paraphrasing, and from memory, "my go-to when I just want to get the job done with no fuss ... Mk3S+"

I suspect that that may explain Prusa's reluctance to update the Mk3S+ .... the ol' "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" principle. My bet is a large part of their market is business users, farm-operators (printer farm, for anyone thing cosw and tractors ), etc, and for that market, stability is probably more important than bells and whistles.

That said .... who knows if/when maybe a Prusa Mk4 will appear? But when it does, will it still have the benefit of the Mk3 history of solid board, and years of eliminating driver .... issues?

The Bambulabs machines look great, and sure, tempting. But, they're still a bit of a leap of faith for me. As a secind, third machine? Yeah, okay. As a trial/toy? Sure. For my initial toe-dip? I remain to be convinced. Also, compared to Mini+, a bit pricey, even for P1P let alone X1. But even that isn't really my issue. After all, I nearly ulled the trigger on that Mk3S+ and printer box deal. My concern is whether they'll still be around in a year or two? What's support for today's models going to be like in 3 years? Prusa do seem to have one heck of an infrastructure behind them these days, and that's going to be tricky for a new entrant to match.
    A lesson learned from PeterB about dignity in adversity, so Peter, In Memorium, "Onwards and Upwards".

Thanks
    I used to use CCL a lot but recently they haven’t been responding to my email queries very quickly so I’ve gone with other companies selling the same item who have replied with an answer as these days prices of components seem very similar across the board (well for the things I’m after anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by ik9000 View Post
    CCL were one of the first to scalp inflate retail prices during the 2020-2021 GPU mining cack fest. There was also a weird correlation between currys/amazon selling out at rrp and CCL listing things for £200 more shortly after, which many on the discord servers found... suspicious.

Personally I wouldn't use them for that reason, but they are a legit seller in terms of warranty etc, not like some random ebay site. I haven't used them so don't know about their returns etc. I can say I wouldn't touch ebuyer for their returns hassle. Nothing but problems there.

Interesting you mention returns hassle for eBuyer…would you mind sharing these? I’ve only ordered a couple of GPUs from eBuyer before but one of them had an issue and they took it back and paid for a courier to pick it up.

I think the best customer service I’ve had is from Overclockers as they’ve always replied very quickly whenever I’ve had an issue and also took back a case that I had ordered but no longer wanted without having to pay for postage (got a preprinted label from them much to my surprise!).
    Last edited by Jonj1611; 14-02-2023 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks
    • AGTDenton's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5950x
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS 3080 Ti TuF
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM850x
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • 11 Pro x64
      • Internet:
      • Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by Vazza View Post
    Interesting you mention returns hassle for eBuyer…would you mind sharing these? I’ve only ordered a couple of GPUs from eBuyer before but one of them had an issue and they took it back and paid for a courier to pick it up.
    This is my experience with eBuyer Returns
    I bought a UPS which came DOA. I had to send it back at my expense, they had no more in stock, and they only refunded me credit vouchers!

So I was left with no UPS, -£15 for delivery due to weight and some pointless vouchers I couldn't use anywhere else. And to top it off the credit vouchers expired!!!!
    So I had to buy something I didn't exactly want or need at the time. Have never shopped since!

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

I bought a UPS which came DOA. I had to send it back at my expense, they had no more in stock, and they only refunded me credit vouchers!

So I was left with no UPS, -£15 for delivery due to weight and some pointless vouchers I couldn't use anywhere else. And to top it off the credit vouchers expired!!!!
    So I had to buy something I didn't exactly want or need at the time. Have never shopped since!
    yeah they tried that BS with me too. Also tried not refunding to my original payment (credit card), and all sorts of weird obfuscation. AVOID

Thanks

Guess I got extremely lucky with whomever I spoke to but your experience sounds horrible and I can understand why you’ve avoided them ever since!

Quote Originally Posted by ik9000 View Post
    yeah they tried that BS with me too. Also tried not refunding to my original payment (credit card), and all sorts of weird obfuscation. AVOID
    I’m hoping now that the PC component market has cooled down a little that some of these companies who tried to shaft customers last couple of years, end up losing out now so that they have to take a look at their business practices to survive.

I guess I’ll add eBuyer to my list of companies to avoid like Tolva etc.
    Last edited by Jonj1611; 14-02-2023 at 07:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information