Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so tired.....

Thanks

I'm so tired.....

blummin sleep patterns have gone right to the wall atm... may possibly have something to do with the LAN..... we only turned in after saturday's sesh at 06:45 on Sunday morning

gonna sleep like a log for the next couple of weeks methinks

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    Last night was the first proper nights sleep I've had in a long long time - slept from 1am until 7am and I feel bloody good for it after the last few months/years of not sleeping more than 2-3 hours at a time

Registered+
    Thanks
    You are using your bodies sleep reserves. After a while you won't be able to do it any more and you'll find your body gets sick more often, since your body uses the time when you are sleeping to recover and fight things like viruses. Whn you get older you'll find you'll need to sleep more. People who sleep more live longer. I guess it makes sense.

Basically get the kip in...

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    I don't really get sick that often... I'm just hard as nails

I generally sleep 3 or 4 hours maximum in a day/night, most of the time thats with intervals. That's if I sleep at all, by the way. I don't drink coffee, take pro-plus or other energy supplements etc. I'm tired most of the time, I get stiff necks, blah blah blah.

I've been taking painkillers that the hospital gave me for the last two weeks, which contain codeine. I've found that I've generally slept a little better, and have only had two or three sleepless nights whilst I've been taking them

Funny thing, sleep - I love it, but I can't get enough of it!

Registered+
    Thanks
    I'm guessing here, that you are 18-27 and not doing a very physical job.

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    Good guess, chap The operation I'm having done on Friday should fix that, though.

c0w
    Thanks
    used to sleep great went thro a year of like hardly sleeping @ all did a week with no sleep and then just slept for 2 days after that but now i'm all normal going 2 be about 10-11 up and 6ish. damn strange all the same but i liked my irregular sleep.

c0w

Thanks
    Being a postman i get 4-5 hours a day and yes im bloody knackered

Registered+
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Theo
    Good guess, chap The operation I'm having done on Friday should fix that, though.
    Should I ask? You need to cut back on foods that keep you awake and don't eat after 8pm. Do some exercise in the evenings like swimming or walking but don't do it too late. Oh and unless you're working up a sweat doing it then its not really exercise and your kidding. I often have the same problem and thats was recommended for it and it does help.

Try working on a building site for a few weeks and you'll have no problem sleeping. I only have the problem since I started working in IT.

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    The op is "Anterior Stabilization of the Shoulder" The injury I have means I can't doing anything particularly strenuous, or even move my arm much without my shoulder dislocating. It's an old judo injury I got just over two years ago, and I've been waiting this long for the operation :>

I've tried schwimmen, fussball, snooker, running, rock climbing, cycling and Kates Cardio Combat, all more than once - and surprisingly, especially for some of the above, each has ended up with my arm sticking out of place

However- even when I was a fitness freak, gym nearly every night, working in a freezer hauling pasties/pies all day, judo competitions etc, I still had sleeping difficulties. Always have

-edit

Apologies for the amount of smilies used there..

Registered+
    Thanks
    Had stability problems with my own shoulder after dislocating it very badly through the back of the joint (not fun) a good many years ago. What really helped me was a a lot of swimming but only with the stability. Apparently I've been building up the wrong muscles to compensate and it stated causing me pain/aches again recently. I couldn't do breast stroke at all for example but can do crawl front and back no problem. Anyway I have to concentrate on rebuilding the right muscles and lay off the swimming. So I know where you are coming from. That with my dodgy knees has made exercise a real problem for me. Which then doesn't help with sleeping. I'm a 4-5 hour a night person myself. Have never been a good sleeper since I was little.

Incidentally I was tiold that 75% of people who dislocate their shoulder usually do it again and the more often it happens the more often it will happen. But I'm sure you know this. I've always therefore always been very protective of that shoulder. Mainly because it was one of the most painful experiences ever, putting it back.
    Last edited by RicardoSmith; 30-09-2003 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    I'm getting used to the pain of the dislocations/relocations. I've had more painful things happen to me through choice, which is good I suppose - I have a pretty good tolerance for pain. The first time it came out of place, it didn't fully dislocate. I was training a newbie at judo, and whilst he was trying a throw on me - he grabbed my wrist instead of my sleeve. Popped in and out very quickly. Then the next day I went rock climbing with my human biology lecturer, and it decided to come out properly whilst I was reaching for a handhold at the top of one of the walls we were climbing (indoor style ).

THE NEXT DAY I had an A Level swimming assessment. So as soon as I dive in - it came out. The looks on the edudicators faces was quite humorous whilst I was trying not to drown, and they were just marking me down for not swimming well... (failed PE eventually ).

I ended up having to quit judo/swimming/gym/running/cycling, and just had to do the physiotherapists exercises. They helped a little in terms of being able to tell when the joint is on the brink of popping, but not particularly in stopping it from dislocating.

It's done it seriously close to around 40 or 50 times since the first time - either working/doing nothing/attempting exercise. So I'm definitely looking forward to the op this week

Registered+
    Thanks
    Hey I'm not a wimp or something. I've had my share of injuries. Not all dislocations come in and out easily. Theres different kinds. Mine was one of the worst you can do. It took 5 doctors to put it back in. 3 to hold me down and two pulling on my arm to put it back. Trust me, it was not nice. Ached like a SOB for about a month afterwards. Took a year before it didn't hurt and 10yrs later I still have problems with it.

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    I wasn't calling you a wimp, chap... I was just telling a couple of my experiences. It's not a competition

Thanks
    Originally posted by jack
    Being a postman i get 4-5 hours a day and yes im bloody knackered
    I thought there was some kind of strike taking place soon? Maybe you can have a lie in
    Signature is 57 % complete. Please check back later.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Theo
    I wasn't calling you a wimp, chap... I was just telling a couple of my experiences. It's not a competition
    I was starting to wonder....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information