Thread: MSI & Forums & Beta Bioses == SUE!

Thanks

MSI & Forums & Beta Bioses == SUE!

By what I can make out the MSI forums are being forcibly closed because a couple of beta bioses were ditributed. With BETA written all over them.

However some lameass N00B decided to ignore the Beta warnings, install them and is now suing MSI.

So the support forums are dropping and the management are going on strike.

Heres the forum link: http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?topic=82787.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Errr...me
    I MSN offline people
    6014 3DMk 05

Thanks
    I dont understand how anyone could sue with any chance of winning, from doing a beta bios flash...

There has to be other resons why they want to close it..

Thanks
    If you read the thread concerned.........

(copied from anadtech article on front page)
    Recently, however, we have some new choices from AMD in Revision E chips and dual-core. These new Revision E parts support SSE3, are
    based on the 90nm process, and they do not always behave as earlier chips did in the same motherboard. We saw this for ourselves in our Gold Editor's Choice MSI K8N Neo4/SLI. While we experienced outstanding overclocking with a clawhammer chip, users with Venice chips were experiencing perfectly miserable overclocking results. It has taken MSI some time to find a solution to this problem, but we are happy to report that a new BIOS has just been released that claims to fix the Venice issues on the MSI. The point of this is that the newest Athlon64 Revision E chips, code-named Venice and San Diego, do behave differently than earlier Athlon 64 chips in some boards. This is likely a temporary concern as the market adjusts to the newest CPU architectures, but it is a factor that should be considered.
    (here's the link below)

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2457&p=2

I believe the beta bios situation to be an excuse also. They gettin bad press now and I know they think it came from HERE and they believe that if they ran things they could have done damage control. This was from a front page Anandtech story about boards that support X2 processors and that one little snippet could potentially cause many lost Neo4/SLI purchases. Not only does it put MSI in bad light concerning overclocking but it also mentions taking "some time" to fix the problem.

I hope they leave things the way they are cause I love this forum. Members cry about cencorship but this 219 issue got way out of hand with people going places and getting people involved that they shouldn't have. IMHO

I think this goes some way to explaining.......

Thread Information