Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The good news is no more rubbers...

Where'd my avator go?
    Thanks

Exclamation The good news is no more rubbers...

...the bad news is that you get shot up with chick hormones.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3167090.stm

I'm forcasting a sharp rise in STDs.

Although, without the amount of estrogen in the water system right now, you've got to be lucky to impregnate at all.

Thanks
    Your right on the STD front - i know i wouldn't just rely on this.
    And I'm also petrified of needles :s
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

^-- I'm with stupid --^
    Thanks
    Yep, pregnancy's drop, STD's go thru the roof You can't win on these things - good to see there is an alternative for birth control, not just the pill.
    tom@meangasoline.co.uk | RIP Zoltan

Canon 350d | 50 F/1.8 Mk II | 70-200 F/4 L | 1Gb Sandisk Ultra III

misterious and scary
    Thanks
    yeah i have read bout this, it seems a great idea, knowin my luck it wouldnt work properly lol

errr ? ? ?

im confused

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks
    tbh tho, how many ladies would beleive a bloke who said
    "you're alright luv, i've got it covered, theres no need to worry cos i've had the contraceptive injection"
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

Thanks
    The bit that p1sses me off about it is the female news readers going on about how women will still take the pill cos they wont trust blokes to take it, yeah right, and what about those women that say there on the pill when they aint...

Works both ways ya know...

I'm still waiting for the male morning after pill tho, changes your bloody type

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks
    Originally posted by [GSV]Trig
    The bit that p1sses me off about it is the female news readers going on about how women will still take the pill cos they wont trust blokes to take it, yeah right, and what about those women that say there on the pill when they aint...

Works both ways ya know...

I'm still waiting for the male morning after pill tho, changes your bloody type
    right enough trig, could really go to town on this one mate - p1$$es me off that the female portion of the population appear to have the monopoly on fertility issues from every aspect in this country atm (ie: whether to keep an unwanted/unplanned child or get rid of a planned/wanted child), but this would probably be better in QT!
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

Thanks
    i believe its coming out in pill form too?

theres probly some humourously ironic side effect, like losing all sense of feeling in ones johnson or something

Ive got 10/40w for blood... THCi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Researchers from the Anzac Research Institute, Sydney, Australia, gave the treatment to a relatively small sample of 55 men for a year - and none of their partners became pregnant.
    I read that, and at first I thought it read:

Researchers from the Anzac Research Institute, Sydney, Australia, gave the treatment to a relatively small sample of 55 men for a year - and none of them became pregnant.
    Men become pregnant, what ever next...

All I thought was:

FFS, Australian Researchers make a balls up there again!

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    Interested in giving this a try when it's released to the public... as long as my voice doesn't break again, it looks all good :>

Thanks
    I heard it has a 100% success rate but me nar trust it

Thanks
    Id go on it, Defair, day it comes out, I'll be queing up,
    no more "rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish I forgot my pill" or, "I left my pill in my other prada handbag" meaning the pill is ineffective
    Or "I've been sick/had diaohrea my pill's ineffective for a week"
    and forget about shrink wrap, I hate condoms, damn things always hurt and or snap.....bring on the male injection

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Supposed to up your sex drive too! I think I'll be getting this, the bird will probably feel like an object after the first week though!

I'll be going like a hammer drill......
    Last edited by Big RICHARD; 07-10-2003 at 09:35 AM.

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    i'm vaguely scientific and I'd have to argue that 55 people isn't really enough to send out a product stating its 'safe' and '100% effective'...
    now, they talk about injecting testosterone into men and that reduces sperm production etc. well i'd like to point out back in when-ever, and still today, that when body builders injected testosterone as a means of building up their body (rather self-explanitory i feel) their nuts shrank and there were side effects. you basically take over the nuts jobs of producing testosterone so they are no longer needed, and it sees to me that they haven't studied this product LONG term. Arnie took testosterone, he grew rather large and various secondary things happened e.g. your chin gets bigger etc.
    it increases your 'maleness' certainly but what about long term effects such as testicular cancer? no thanks, I'd rather wait until its been observed for quite a while.
    but on the flip side we can all see why its a good idea as I hate having to grope around searching for condoms - in effect breaking the moment. they also cause a loss of feeling when compared to nothing on...
    I think with a steady partner this male contraceptive could be a very good idea, as long term the female pill does have certain undesirable side-effects which would be nice to avoid ("oh no, i've got a headache" etc. we've all heard them before eh lads). but in the hands of young, proliferous men, out meeting people 'willy-nilly' ('scuse the pun there!!) STDs will shoot through the roof no doubt. i think they should still push the condom thing as they do even for the female pill but only time will really tell unfortunately. so don't rush out straight away lads- hold your horses for a short while!