Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Childrens letters to God, blessem.

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup

Smile Childrens letters to God, blessem.

CHILDREN WRITE LETTERS TO GOD
    Dear GOD, I read the Bible. What does ’begat’ mean? Nobody will tell me. Love, Alison.

Dear GOD, Are you really invisible or is that just a trick? -Lucy

Dear GOD, Is it true my father won’t get in Heaven if he uses his bowling words in the house? -Anita

Dear GOD, Did you mean for the giraffe to look like that or was it an accident? Norma

Dear GOD, Instead of letting people die and having to make new ones, why don’t You just keep the ones You have now? -Jane

Dear GOD, Who draws the lines around the countries? -Nan

Dear GOD, I went to this wedding and they kissed right in church. Is that okay? -Neil

Dear GOD, What does it mean You are a Jealous God? I thought You had everything. -Jane

Dear GOD, Did you really mean "do unto others as they do unto you?" Because if you did, then I’m going to fix my brother. -Darla

Dear GOD, Thank you for the baby brother, but what I prayed for was a puppy. -Joyce

Dear GOD, It rained for our whole vacation and is my father mad! He said some things about You that people are not supposed to say, but I hope You will not hurt him anyway. Your friend (But I am not going to tell you who I am)

Dear GOD, Why is Sunday school on Sunday? I thought it was supposed to be our day of rest. -Tom L.

Dear GOD, Please send me a pony. I never asked for anything before, You can look it up. -Bruce

Dear GOD, If we come back as something - please don’t let me be Jennifer Horton because I hate her. -Denise

Dear GOD, If You give me a genie lamp like Aladin, I will give you anything you want, except my money or my chess set. -Raphael

Dear GOD, My brother is a rat. You should give him a tail. Ha ha. -Danny

Dear GOD, Maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each other so much if they had their own rooms. It works with my brother. -Larry

Dear GOD, I want to be just like my Daddy when I get big, but not with so much hair all over. -Sam

Dear GOD, You don’t have to worry about me. I always look both ways. -Dean

Dear GOD, I think the stapler is one of your greatest inventions. -Ruth M.

Dear GOD, I bet it is very hard for You to love all of everybody in the whole world. There are only 4 people in our family and I can never do it. -Nan

Dear GOD, My brother told me about being born but it doesn’t sound right. They’re just kidding, aren’t they? -Marsha

Dear GOD, If You watch me in church Sunday, I’ll show You my new shoes. -Mickey D.

Dear GOD, I would like to live 900 years like the guy in the Bible. Love, Chris

Dear GOD, We read Thomas Edison made light. But in Sunday school they said You did it. So I bet he stoled your idea. Sincerely, Donna

Dear GOD: The bad people laughed at Noah - "You made an ark on dry land you fool." But he was smart, he stuck with You. That’s what I would do. -Eddie

Dear GOD, I do not think anybody could be a better GOD. Well, I just want You to know, but I am not just saying that because You are GOD already. -Charles

Dear GOD, I didn’t think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made on Tuesday. That was cool! -Eugene
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Thanks
    Lol like it!

Thanks
    I like the last one the best.

Who reckons its Eugene from BB?
    Quote Originally Posted by Errr...me
    I MSN offline people
    6014 3DMk 05

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 0iD
    Dear GOD, Who draws the lines around the countries? -Nan
    I do.

Did no-one write - Dear God, why have I allowed my parents to brainwash me into beliving that you exist? I mean, Santa was bad enough, but this is really stupid. Virgin birth? Rising from the dead? Talking snakes? How old do they think I am, 5? Well, I'm not, I'm 7 and I know the score.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by House, the best show on tv
    Camron: So you find it more comforting to believe theres no god?
    House: No, i feel its more comforting to believe that this life isn't just a test
    That line moved me and proved to me once and for all, religion is stupid if thats the basis of it.

Banned
    Thanks
    Well, exactly. Religion is not disproved, it is outgrown. Just a shame some of us continue to believe in our 'santa' way beyond childhood. Bless.

Imagine the following conversation:

Parent: "So son, now you've heard the nice stories about the tiny baby Jesus, and sang songs about a little donkey, are you going to be a nice Christian now?"

Little Timmy: "Well, father, despite the apparently water-tight case you have made, by singing a song with a little donkey in it, and via brilliant use of the 'its true because it says so in this book' method, I have to point out that no observation in physical reality so far supports any deity stories or animals and plants appearing without biological ancestors. Futher more, it is plainly obvious even to me that faith is ignorance made a virtue. Also If I were to become a Christian, I would be required to believe uncritically in a book written by prescientific people, many unknown.

God may have created everything, but since he went to so much trouble rigging isotope decay rates, making our DNA 98% the same as the great apes, counterfeiting and hiding all these fossils for us to find, I BETTER believe in evolution if I know what's good for me.

And as Geology shows that fossils are of different ages, Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time, Taxonomy shows the biological relationships among species with Evolution as the explanation that threads it all together; and Creationism is the practice of squeezing ones eyes shut and wailing "does not!", I think I'd have choosen it anyway.

So, God, Jesus, Dad... sing a song about that around the campfire. I'm off to Ibiza. Space 2005 homie! Big fish, little fish, cardboard box!"

Now that would make me smile.

Some nice quotes there as well.
    Last edited by Stewart; 23-08-2005 at 11:05 PM.

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by silent ben
    That line moved me and proved to me once and for all, religion is stupid if thats the basis of it.
    lol.

house is fecking awesome. the absolute best thing on the telly in years imho
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Thanks
    So true Stewart

iMc
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart
    Well, exactly. Religion is not disproved, it is outgrown. Just a shame some of us continue to believe in our 'santa' way beyond childhood. Bless.

Parent: "So son, now you've heard the nice stories about the tiny baby Jesus, and sang songs about a little donkey, are you going to be a nice Christian now?"

Little Timmy: "Well, father, despite the apparently water-tight case you have made, by singing a song with a little donkey in it, and via brilliant use of the 'its true because it says so in this book' method, I have to point out that no observation in physical reality so far supports any deity stories or animals and plants appearing without biological ancestors. Futher more, it is plainly obvious even to me that faith is ignorance made a virtue. Also If I were to become a Christian, I would be required to believe uncritically in a book written by prescientific people, many unknown.

God may have created everything, but since he went to so much trouble rigging isotope decay rates, making our DNA 98% the same as the great apes, counterfeiting and hiding all these fossils for us to find, I BETTER believe in evolution if I know what's good for me.

And as Geology shows that fossils are of different ages, Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time, Taxonomy shows the biological relationships among species with Evolution as the explanation that threads it all together; and Creationism is the practice of squeezing ones eyes shut and wailing "does not!", I think I'd have choosen it anyway.

So, God, Jesus, Dad... sing a song about that around the campfire. I'm off to Ibiza. Space 2005 homie! Big fish, little fish, cardboard box!"

best post I've read in a while, not everyone will agree with it (I do) but the explanation is damn well presented. Nice!
    HEXUS|iMc

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lab
    house is fecking awesome. the absolute best thing on the telly in years imho
    Quoted for truth - if I end up going to Reading fest it will only be with deep regret...that I will be missing an hour of House in order to do so.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412142/quotes

Thanks
    • shelley bda's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI Lanparty Pro 875B
      • CPU:
      • Pentium 4 3.2
      • Memory:
      • 2 gig Geil
      • Storage:
      • Seagate 320 gig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 9600XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-R 580w
      • Case:
      • Beantech BT84B
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 15" TFT
      • Internet:
      • 2meg Nildram ADSL
    Excellent stuff 0id, some made me chuckle

A couple of years ago my kids were having a conversation about God, Luke who was then 8 turns to his Brother and said

"if God made the world and everything in it, Who made God?"

Hehehe

He's 10 now and only just got over his fear of santa ( now he knows for sure he doesn't exist )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivatePyle
    The bibles a book, mein kampf is also book.

That sums it up for me.
    So is the Kama sutra
    Quote Originally Posted by Errr...me
    I MSN offline people
    6014 3DMk 05

Thanks
    This is the worst thread i've ever read, they arent funny in anyway at all. sorry

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart

Mike Fishcake
    Sounds like someone has a bee in their bonnet.

I'm an atheist. I don't believe that a higher being created us, or that Jesus was a miracle worker (illusionist maybe ), but I strongly STRONGLY believe that people should be able to have whatever beliefs they want without being criticised or ostracised by ANYONE as long as their beliefs don't interfere with others.

No one has the right to tell anyone what to believe. If they want to believe in a deity - let them. Telling them they're stupid and they shouldn't believe it is just as arrogant and ignorant as those religious people that try to force people to believe in God.

I have atheist friends, I have religious friends, and I don't prejudge them or criticise them because it's not my place to do so, and I'm not so pig-headed as to believe that they should change their opinions to match mine.

Some people are religious, some people aren't. Some religious people are freaks, some atheist people are freaks. Peoples beliefs don't necessarily define their personality.

People are different. Get over it.

Thanks
    • shelley bda's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI Lanparty Pro 875B
      • CPU:
      • Pentium 4 3.2
      • Memory:
      • 2 gig Geil
      • Storage:
      • Seagate 320 gig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 9600XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-R 580w
      • Case:
      • Beantech BT84B
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 15" TFT
      • Internet:
      • 2meg Nildram ADSL
    Well said Mike

I don't really believe in God, tbh i don't know what i believe in but i do think that some people need religion, something to believe in for whatever reason it makes their life seem better and if it makes someone's life happier then who are we to critisice them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information