Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A strange time...

Thanks

A strange time...

Recently has been a strange time for me, so i'd firstly like to show my appreciation to all of HEXUS, both community and staff. The reason for this is because at the end of a day I can come home and fall back on HEXUS for not just support, but great support from a whole community.

Well as many of you may know as of recent I've had many family problems which contrary to popular belief actually got much worse. My father cheated on my mother, 26 years worth of marriage, a great family a great house and so on and so forth. This had created much mishap within the family and caused much pain to all of us as it was so unexpected. My parents came to the decision that they'd sort things out and try and make it work but after this constant fights abrubted into acts of violence which ended up in me having to intervene with my father in order to protect my mother. In fact I had to hold up my dad by the throat in order for him to let go of my mum because he wouldn't, now bear in mind my dad is a colour seargent and not the kind of guy you'd want to mess with. This kind of abuse carried on (please bear in mind my dad does have manic depression which is basically Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde).

So this carried on and on for a good while whilst I was back at home and I was glad to get away knowing that my brother was moving into my room as I was moving out so there would be a degree of protection within the home. Damn was I wrong.

The other week we found out my Grandfather had stomach cancer, upon further inspection it was an aggresive form which had spread through his body, nothing can be done. This obviously raised the stress levels of my father as his parents mean a lot to him.

(please note I wasn't at home or in my home-land at the time)
    So, the other night my father came home as per usual, had a bath but went straight to bed without talking to my mum. My mum went to the bedroom and queried him on his odd behaviour to which he started getting angry and telling my mum that she's accusing him of cheating again (he is still cheating and was at the time, we have hard proof). Moments later he got EXTREMELY angry and became EXTREMELY violent and smashed everything he could find up in the house, and he completely turned the place into a garbage can. Shortly after he became aggressive towards my mother and assaulted her unto which my brother stepped in (body builder) where I brawl broke out. He then used such force to tear my brothers shirt completely off his back and attempted to throw him down the stairs. My mum's exact words to me were "if the police hadn't arrived when they did, he would've killed your brother". My brothers words were "if he had a weapson he would've used it". The police were called out, it took 6 policeman to hold him down he was going so crazy, the police were gobsmacked at how violent he had become. He went on to assault four of the police officers I believe.

Alas he was thrown into jail and a withstraining order has been held against him so he can't speak to any of us or go near us. The guy has gone completely off the rails, I thought I knew my father but no way could I see this coming

Anyway, my mum filed for a divorce and something else which will stop him coming back after the court case against him. He's looking at 6 - 9 months in prison, definitely losing his job as he's a prison warden now. Mum is selling the house and we have to get rid of all our cats since rented places in Guernsey don't allow pets. Mum got her endownment out to clear herself of all her debts, she's getting a two bedroom flat with my brother (i'm over there 4 months a year but I can kip on the floor).

No way was I expecting this. So in the same week, i've typically lost all i've known of a father, i've had my brother almost killed by my dad, my mum assaulted, the house being sold, my parents divorcing, finding out my grandpa is dying with only 1 - 2 weeks to live and all the cats being given away. Humph.

Today I just couldn't think straight so I've decided to turn a new leaf, it's what I need I think. Tonight I took out both my lip piercings, one has been there for 3 years and meant a lot to me (don't ask why).

Still, not a good way to start my second year of uni.

Has anyone else been in the same situation?

Cheers
    kezzer

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    wow, dunno quite what to say dude sounds like you've got more to deal with in a week than most of us would in a year. I havn't been through anything like what you have so all I can say Is I hope things for you and your family and that you can all pull together and support each other over the next few months while the pieces are put back together.

Thanks
    • cptwhite_uk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS TUF B650 Plus Wifi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32Gb DRR5 6400 C32 Team Group T-Create
      • Storage:
      • 4Tb Crucial P3 Plus
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX 4080 20Gb Gigabyte Gaming OC
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 850W 80+ Gold
      • Case:
      • Fractal North Charcoal / Walnut
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M28U (4K 144Hz)
      • Internet:
      • BT 500 Mbps
    You're a familiar name to me on these boards kezzer. I'm really sad to hear about all this just try and be strong and don't be ashamed to use any outlet it takes to get you through this, there is no shame in that, Including talking through it on any forums - I'm a member of a number of forums and I find them all a kind of extended family, hexus definately has a community feel so I'm sure I'm talking for everyone when I say I hope things get better for you soon! Take it easy.

Thanks
    I'm sending my condolences to you. Just try to be strong. And remember that all the forum members are here for you, to listen and give support. I think that writing what's on your heart in a forum helps a lot. It's always good to know that there is someone who listen.

Although I've never been in a situation like yours, I can (partially) what you're going through. All I can tell you is always look forward and try to find the good things in life!!!

Hoping to here ONLY good news from you next time.

Best wishes and regards,
    zachig.

IBM
    there but for the grace of God, go I IBM's Avatar
    Thanks
    • IBM's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel E6600 Core2Duo 2.40GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 PC2-6400
      • Storage:
      • 150G WD SATA 10k RAPTOR, 500GB WD SATA Enterprise
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Leadtek NVIDIA GeForce PX8800GTS 640MB
      • PSU:
      • CORSAIR HX 620W MODULAR PSU
      • Case:
      • Antec P182 Black Case
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WPF A04
      • Internet:
      • domestic zoom
    Kezzer ... I almost didn't post, because nothing I've seen, or know of, could possibly help me relate to all the things you're going through. But that's not what Hexus is about, staying quiet isn't it, so I'd just like to offer up my support, condolences, and genuine concern for you and your family as you deal with everything. From what you say, and how you're handling it, you do us proud.
    sig removed by Zak33

Thanks
    I really don't know what to say, but I'm really sorry to hear that mate , I hope it all works out soon.

Hang in there.

John

Thanks
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate the comments

The worst part of it is that my father is putting the family to shame, all of that will be printed in our local newspaper back at home, everyone will know what has happened.

cptwhite, you're right, hexus does feel like an extended family.

Today I think i'm going to go buy a new wardrobe with money I don't have to cheer me up

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    Kezzer my man... I know many will read your post and not know how to react, quite so since its an unfortunate series of events, but I hope I share the sentiments of many, and reply on behalf of those that don't know how to, that I'm truely sorry to hear things aren't going great for you and that I hope it all works out for you and your family in the end. I also hope I, and everyone else here at Hexus, can proove to be worthy distractions and lighten up your days when things are difficult and perhaps offer solutions to help you out when ever you may need it...I know you'll only have loads of support from the guys (and girls!) here.
    so take it easy and things will start to pick up...

p.s. retail therapy with money you don't have = always brings a smile to my face