Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: With regard to skin cancer

Banned
    Thanks

Angry With regard to skin cancer

Ok, I know a girl who went on holiday... fair enuff

she sat on the beach/balcony almost everyday with "FACTOR 2" ... not usual sunscreen but ... CARROT TANNING OIL on as her only protection, and sat there for probably 1hr maybe longer...

I kinda asked/hinted at skin cancer and how easy it is to get.. but well... she just doesnt seem to care AT ALL...

she goes out drinking fri/sat/sun every week and gets hammered (ive seen the state of her some nights)... 14units per week for women yes?

14units per hour for her.

I asked her about this, and YET AGAIN. DOESNT CARE...

its as if she thinks shes immune to anything....

in SOME ways i wish she'd get a SMALL dose of skin cancer or small dose of alcohol poisoning to WAKE HER UP and make her REALISE that shes not invinsible...

its doing my head in, cos shes the type to moan if summet happened to her...

what do i do? advise? ignore?

:withstupid:

btw shes 18

Thanks
    Skin cancer is rare, and while she is spending longer in the sun than my vampiric skin would allow, she'd need 4hrs+ daily exposure to significantly increase her chances of getting cancer, and not just on holiday.

That kind of alcoholism is more of a concern, and while liver cirrosis may take years of abuse to develop, short term alcohol poisoning can kill. She is also potentially at risk from sexual assault, etc as many criminals will target inebriated women.

I'm interested that you are so concerned. Tell us more about your relationship with her, and also more background. How old are you? Did you go on holiday with her? If not, did you feel excluded?

Banned
    Thanks
    Im a good friend of hers
    I work in the same building (different office)
    im 19
    I didnt go on holiday
    I didnt feel excluded (tho there was 19 sexy birds there lol)

She just doesnt care, its like

I wont get skin cancer, HIV, alcohol poisoning, numonia (sp?) etc etc... shes just very reckless and shes gonna get hurt either physically, emotionally or ... other

Homestarr Mod
    Thanks
    she wil have to learn these rules the hard way, like most people who are that young think they are indestructable, then again i was probably the same at 18, its all part of growing up, some advice you take some you dont. live by the sword and die by the sword and all that...............

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    She knows what shes doing and its her choice. I can understand that you want to help her but she really has to learn this for herself. She has to realise and hopefully sh will do so before things are too late but confronting her over this is only going to make her resent you.

You can only hope that nothing bad happens and keep an eye out for her.

Banned
    Thanks
    But shes 18... 18 = adult not child

adult = common sence

common sence = live easier

liver easier = happier

happier = family, friends etc

family, friends = life

...why get hammered EVERY weekend and NOT remember it... thats like coming home from work on friday and going back the next day cos u cant remember inbetween LOL!

i go out yes, saturday usually... i drink a bit .... alot.. but not EVERY week ... and not fri/sat/sun.. i cant afford that lol

oh ... and she finished with her bf... and got back with him (for no reason ... broke up for no reason, got back for no reason)... i think she enjoys the money he spends on her to be honest.

She needs to wake up

Banned
    Thanks
    You can only hope that nothing bad happens and keep an eye out for her.
    U only learn when summet bad happens to u or sum1 VERY close (dad, mum, brother, sister etc)

keep an eye out for her? i dont go out half as often and her mates dont care to look out for her either (ive seen that myself)

Homestarr Mod
    Thanks
    So why does it bother you so much m8? if its her life

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    perhaps this pattern is similar to someone else who suffered a fate that hardly bares thinking about