• 400W Akasa (I think)
      • Case:
      • Antec Super Lanboy
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung LE32 LCD 720p
      • Internet:
      • VM 4Mb

Annoying drving habits

It seems to be the fashion around my area to have one of the following variations of muppetry in charge of a car:

1. One headlight out, usually the left one for some reason (the other headlight may or may not get past the sidelight stage.

2. Fantastically bright headlights more befitting arc lamps, even when not on full beam (406, 206 owners, I'm looking at you)

3. One headlight stuck on full beam. It's like being followed by the Sun, goddammit!

4. Fog lights, when it's not remotely foggy, or even dark. You are not a rally driver, you're a **** in a Clio with too much plastic hanging off it.

5. A variant of 4 is those people who think it's clever to drive around with fog lights on, but either no headlights or dipped lights only. These people are downright dangerous.

Anyway, rant over. What do you think? Any other muppetry examples welcome.

Click here for larger versions of photos

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo
    my a55 shoots great video in 1080i

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup
    People who've lost the power to indicate!
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

smtkr
    1. I live in Oregon, where there is never more than 100m visibility (usually about half that) because of the amount of rain we get. Every morning, I notice that a large portion of drivers don't have any lights on at all. That's friggin dangerous.

2. Here's another annoying habit people around here have: When the light turns green, they are brushing their hair/putting on make-up/just not paying attention and you end up sitting through several lights unless you lay on your horn, shout out the window and wave your fist.

3. People who don't understand that some stop lights have sensors that trigger a green. They will not pull up far enough to the light to trip the sensor, so the light stays red. I honk, but these idiots think I'm just honking for no reason and don't budge.

Those are the ones I've encountered today. I'll probably catch a few more on the way home and then on my way back to work today.

EDIT:
    4. People who don't use their turn signals...ever!
    5. People who don't maintain a sure and clear distance from the person ahead of them. For example, it was a rainy morning yesterday and I was keeping about 5 car lengths between me and the train of cars in front of me on a 55 mph (maybe 90km/h) road. Anyhow, some knucklehead passed me and squeezed into my buffer distance for no reason just so he could tailgate the guy in front of me for the next ten miles (no chance to pass because there was a whole line of tailgaters driving slowly ahead). This happens all the time.
    Last edited by smtkr; 08-11-2005 at 10:54 PM.

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    Drifting across lanes on a roundabout.. WHEN YOU'RE ALONGSIDE THEM!!!

I've had so many idiots nearly drive straight into me on the way home, and on the same roundabout.. EVERY TIME!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Don't feed the trolls... tiggerai's Avatar
    Thanks
    • tiggerai's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD PhenomII 955BE
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb Corsair XMS DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire X1950XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-R 550w
      • Case:
      • Antec lovely black thing
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x 20" widescreen
      • Internet:
      • Pipexpants
    Definitely people who are not educated about roundabouts and are downright dangerous with it.

People who do 35 miles an hour down MK grid roads, the single carriageway ones that I can't overake on. Grrr

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup
    OAP tweedy hat wearing drivers who do 35-40mp everybleedinwhere, regardless of the speed limit on the road.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Thanks
    1) people who turn left from the right hand lane on a round about
    2) people who turn right from the left hand lane on a round about
    3) people that slow down to 10mph below the speed limit at cameras
    4) people that think they should always come off a roundabout in the left lane, despite a person being just to the left of them
    5) people that have blue LED's on their car...I personally think these should be made illegal, they are far too easy to mistake for an emergency vehicle when you glance around
    6) people with so much crap dangling from their mirror and window that it blocks their view and causes a distraction - windows are there to look through, not to put things on
    7) 4x4 owners that only by the cars because they are "safer" and want to look down on people...there is no need for a range rover in a city, all it means is more injuries for the pedestrian that you will inevitably hit with your crap driving
    8) People who use their fog lights when there is no fog
    9) People who sit in the right hand lane with nothing to their left
    10) an extension to 9 with people that drive below the speed limit
    11) people (particularly in mk) who don't move to the right lane when they clearly see a car waiting to pull out of a junction

I'm sure i can think of some more, but my blood pressure is rising to unacceptable levels

edit:
    12) one final one....idiots that drive the wrong way up carpark lanes, then have a fit when they almost hit you because they speed around a corner and you are in the middle of the lane...despite it being one way

13) People who block junctions in traffic jams
    14) People who when sitting in a long jam refuse to let people pull out of a side road - let one person out, then move on
    15) an extension to 14 with people that when you let one person out automatically assume you are going to let all cars from the side road out

ok, thats really enough for now

oh oh one last - i promise

16) people that use their mobile phones, especially when they vear accross lanes
    Last edited by pak000; 08-11-2005 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks
    • XA04's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X570-A Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 2x 8gb DDR 4 3200
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Serpent M.2 SSD & 4TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit RTX 2060
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 650W
      • Case:
      • Fractcal Meshify C
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama 34" Curved UWQHD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100mb Fibre
    Quote Originally Posted by 0iD
    People who've lost the power to indicate!
    Oh yeah that's really annoying. I mean just been a pedestrian.. and if some ****ing **** just turns round and nearly hits you.. that's happened to me too many times.

And it's amazing how many people on roundabouts don't indicate, even my dad doesn't 80% of the time, I always have a go at him for not doing it, but I get chat back like "I've been driving for 25 odd years, don't start with me lad.." etc

Thanks
    • Dorza's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe - WiFi
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @ 3.06Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Crucial
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung SpinPoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce 9600GT
      • PSU:
      • Cosair HX520W
      • Case:
      • LianLi something something or other
      • Monitor(s):
      • Eizo FlexScan S1910 (1280*1024)
      • Internet:
      • 2mb Virgin (when they want to give me that: else 1mb)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0iD
    OAP tweedy hat wearing drivers who do 35-40mp everybleedinwhere, regardless of the speed limit on the road.
    Yeah a lot of OAPs haven't got a clue how to drive. A 20mph OAP dilly-dallying is as dangerous as drunk drive imo. I never let OAPs out of a junction, they just get confused when I call or flash them to move out, they really haven’t got a clue what to do when in that situation, its safer to leave them wait for a proper gab. What really gets me though is after they don't move out after you waiting there for a good few seconds they suddenly decide to pull out as your moving off. As with others on the road you really have to watch them.

People on mobile phones that hits a nerve. On my 10 mile drive to uni everyday I see a good 15 + people on their mobiles. Its quite a problem in my area I think, the other week the police said their going to start a new operation to clamp down on people using their phones while driving. I also hate it when people drive around with 1 break/back light. I also dislike chavs riding around in their "love wagons ". God they’re so pathetic, the cars are just as bad. They think they can drive put their as intelligent as a walnut when their on the road i.e. no idea.

All in all I hate a lot of things I see on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by pak000
    5) people that have blue LED's on their car...I personally think these should be made illegal, they are far too easy to mistake for an emergency vehicle when you glance around
    They are illegal i think. Your not alot allowed to have any lights turned on while driveing appart from the manufactured fitted ones. Blue lights are illegal. My copper friend is always ranting at how many people he has to pull over with these blue lights twingleing on peoples bonnets and back windows.
    Last edited by Dorza; 08-11-2005 at 11:46 PM.

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    People who don't maintain a decent distance from my car... Listen you spastic if I hit the brakes, you're not gonna stop in time, and you'll plough into the back of me, so how about you ease back a bit SImilar when people insist on stopping two inches from my bumper in traffic, at lights, etc. WHY?

People who indicate unnecessarily about 600 yards prior to their turn, and for every little direction change, like driving round an obstacle in the road (parked car etc).. Yeah no ****... There was me thinking you were gonna drive straight over it

unnecesary braking too... If people iddn't follow so closely and drive so fast they wouldn't have to keep breaking, just ease off the throttle

Oh and correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're going around a roundabout and the exit you want is the last one, say,at about the 5'o'clock position on the roundabout (should you be looking from an aerial view) you enter the roundabout on the right hand lane then move across when exiting, yes? Why do people enter on the left and follow me round the bleeding roundabout on the left lane, indicating past all the bloody exits on the way? I can't get off the roundabout then can I

Quote Originally Posted by XA04
    even my dad doesn't 80% of the time, I always have a go at him for not doing it, but I get chat back like "I've been driving for 25 odd years, don't start with me lad.." etc
    I hear ya on that one!
    Last edited by Howard; 08-11-2005 at 11:41 PM.
    Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    other people driving. 'nough said.