Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Almost died last month!

Thanks
    I wasn't sure whether this thread was going to be serious, but as soon as a started reading I lost control of my bottom jaw. Mega cahones on you my friend, hope it works out.

Thanks
    thanks for your support guys, i'm going to buy a domain tomorrow and put a proper site up.

where can you get .co.uk name cheap? also, what hosting is good say 10gb storage would be ample, and 10gb a month bandwidth? i want to http, ftp, and by just typing the ip in windows explorer to see my files

to treat myself, i've just ordered myself parts for a Windows MCE machine

got this case coming

SilverStone LC14B Home Theater Kabinet
    -it takes atx motherboards, -i've got a spare nforce2 motherboard with xp2500 that runs at xp3200 speeds, spare gig of 3200ram, 2x 250gb hard drives that I had for backup plans and never used.

and just bought... WinTV Nova T pci tv card, windows mce, the mce keyboard, the mce remote, a 6600gt, a hiper type-r chrome modular psu

and £200 quids worth of watercooling gear from http://www.alphacool.de/xt/

the ONLY thing i can't find to complete my pc is a Pioneer DVR-A09XLB

if someone could find me one of these drives i'd be greatfull, and happy to buy it 2nd hand for a decent price

i know the 110 is better, but these look sweet as

-how do i have this spare money? I've spent NOTHING in my month of hell, now i'll have something really cool to build and play with, mum'll kill me when this gear turns up. but i'll be so happy

-edit, after having a better look, the DVD drive is soft stealthed, so can just buy a 110 for it ;D
    Last edited by bledd; 09-12-2005 at 05:21 AM.

Thanks
    was just checking my email and after getting through the hundreds of support ones, i saw this one just now

http://www.hexus.net/content/temp/in...ompetition.php

The closing date for the competition is 09:00 GMT, Thursday the 8th of December 2005
    gutted :/ lol
    Last edited by bledd; 09-12-2005 at 05:29 AM.

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    Respect dude, sounds like you've had a rough ride the likes of which most of us will never know, glad to hear you're getting better

Thanks
    just had my staples out, feel AWESOME now

http://www.bleddyn.co.uk/bledd%20pics/?C=M;O=A

Thanks
    well, i've finally found out why i can't sleep.

just after i took my painkillers (about ten mins) and two paracetamol to boost them, i read the 'instructions'

i was laughing so much when i read it!, i guess i'll be up till 5am again lads

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bledd
    ulcerative collitis
    Just noticed this thread, I've suffered from this for the last 12 months, mines under control with a drug called asacol.

Glad to see that your ok, that operation looked painfull I was told about this by my GP who said this is done in extreme cases.

Thanks
    those symptoms explain your crazy web hosting needs! 10gb of storage!??! thats rather alot! and only 10gb bandwidth? thats not alot - depending on how popular you site is!

iam happy with my hosting at - www.budget-hosting.co.uk - If you pop onto irc.trueirc.net and goto #ikhost - budgethostings sister company you can speak to sean the owner of the company ask him to put you on his uk server if you sign up!

my package is 1gb storage and 60gig bandwidth for £30 ish including a domain name (which is £6of the total cost)

Any way dude hope you feeling better !!

Thanks
    its 100gb bandwidth,,

also, to answer your questions!..

a queistion ve been asked a lot "what the hell is that tomato thing, put it away!

its called a 'stoma' this is then end of the small intestine, its been sewn to the outside of your stomach so you can attatch the bag around it, it has NO sensation in it, (i've not touched it becuase its been touching poo) but i've touched it with a medical glove on, it feels like the inside of your cheek when you tense your cheek. it petrudes the skin by about 12-15mm -this is so its easier to fit the bag around it.

the small intestine is 6 metres long, so i've still got all my nutrients been taken in, the large intestine (what i had removed) is 1.5 metres long, and its purpose is to extract water from your poo to make it 'hard'. so now since i'm only using my small intestine to extract water, i've got to drink about 8 pints of water or liquids a day -but i like water anyway so thats cool.

see in the picture there's a slight donut shape around the stoma, this is where the bag normally sticks to.

Stu asked me 'how do they fit, are they like a matrix style plug in?'
    -you can get types like this, but haivng a metal plate on your stomach means, if you were to fall over, the plate is likely to pierce your skin and cause you harm, the slea is 100% leak proof, and usually used for older people who need the ease of use.

the type i've got are like this

i firstly wipe around the holes with isopropyl alcohol -this totally cleans the skin removing any oil and stickyness from previous bags, then i spray this stuff on called Cavalon, its a liquid that dries on your skin in seconds to create a barrier (it feels like dried super glue) then you cut the bag to size (you can order them pre cut too) -my right hole is 45mm, left is 35mm -its as if all the skin tissue has been circular saw'd away, so it doesn't try to grow back.

you then peel off the label and stick the bag onto the cavalon layer -so its not sticking directly on your skin and causing irritation. after a few days or whatever, you simply peel the bag off, clean the area and do the rest of the process again.

to empty the bags, you sit down as you normally would unravel the 'tap' and use your hand to massage the bag i guess until it all comes out the end into the toilet, you then wipe the end (only a tiny bit of it gets dirty) with toilet paper and its clean again, then fold it over itself a few times and do *** velcro tags and tuck it away in its small pouch, then you're good to go -you don't get any mess on your hands

Thanks
    Interesting . Not as complicated as I expected .

Thanks
    That is unbelievable! We all really do hope you feel better - it is fantasic to tell everyone about it; much better than not. and to think, i used to complain about my ribs sticking out a bit - not any more! Thanks for explaining it in such good detail, it sounds horrible. But like you say, there is always a bright side to it
    Last edited by Timmy!!!; 12-12-2005 at 04:47 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information